Chapter 3: Unexpected things are the best

Unexpected Things [Park Chanyeol - EXOK]

I decided to attend mass alone because my parents are so busy. I also texted ARCHI but they are busy too because of our tour.. Their tour.

 

I’m so depressed because of what my mom told me. [she was told that her mother are not sure if she can join the tour with her friends]

 

After the mass I went straight to my house. I check my phone and there’s a text message from my mom and three missed calls.

 

From: Mom

“Dear, where are you? I’m on my way home.”

I throw my phone on my bed and ignore the message. I turn on my laptop and open wattpad.

 

What kind of daughter are you??!!My inner self is messing with me

 

“I’m not in the mood to talk right now” I told to myself while reading ‘The Korean Heartthrob Next Door. My vibes turns to be good now. When suddenly there’s a knock at my door.

 

“Sweety are you there?” its dad

 

I open the door and I saw my dad with a neon pink luggage at his back “Hey! That thing is hurting my eyes. Where are you going dad?” I look back at the luggage and realize one thing “hey dad. Seriously? Your luggage is pink? Neon pink?”

 

“Oh my baby, you’re making me laugh” he said while laughing

 

Oh no. Is this for me? But mom told me she’s not sure if I can go. OMG. This can’t be.. I’m so confuse right now. “Dad, what is it? You’re killing me. Is that mine? I thought I’m not going with the ARCHI?”

 

“I think your mom told you already because I can feel you upset vibe here all over your room”

 

“Is it final? I’m not going with ARCHI?” ok I get it. I guess I will spend my break out of the country but not with the ARCHI but with my family.

 

“You don’t want us dear? Your money will be unlimited when you're with us.”

 

“No, I love it when we are all together. The thing is they are all going except me. I’m going to miss half of my life”

 

“Who told you that you will not going with them?”

 

I look at him with my big eyes. I’m really confused right now. This situation is really killing me. “Dad, please say it. I’m going to die. Literally”

 

“You are not going to Korea on Friday. We will go to Korea later. Not with the ARCHI but with us” he totally surprised me when he calls us ARCHI. Well, this is the first time.

 

In my surprise I jumped and hug him tight. “Oh dad! I thought you will tell me that I’m not going anywhere because I didn’t answer mom’s texts and calls”

 

“Oh you’re overreacting” he said while patting my back “You better get going our flight is 10PM we must be at the airport at 7”

 

“Is this your surprise for me dad? mom is your partner here right?” “I knew it. You will never let me down….. oh wait! I must tell the ARCHI about this.”

 

“No worries my dear. They already know about this.”

 

“So that’s why they are ignoring me?” why on earth I didn’t expect this, My mom having a meeting in Sunday morning and my friends ignoring me when I’m asking them to accompany me to go to church.

 

I’m so slow like that. I can’t believe this. My dad told me that the meeting stuff my mom told me earlier was just a cover up. The truth is they are at the mall buying things that we will need in our tour. She also bought me winter clothes. Oh! no words can explain how I love my parents.

 

“And guess what? We will stay at Korea until 4th of January” So I guess surprises are not over yet.

 

“Oh! You guys are the best!! You know this is our first time spending Christmas and New Year out of the country right??” then I remembered that I spent my last Christmas and New Year with the ARCHI because my parents are not home.