Chapter 4

Walkin'

"The world is too cruel even for our own good,being ourselves is hard enough."

 

I was tired from all the walking and carrying Yoogeun in my arms, so we took the bus the rest of the way there. When we arrived at Myeongdong, Yoogeun was dozing off on my lap. The bus was like an earthquake, I couldn't sleep a wink.*How could he sleep so peacefully?* I thought.

As we arrive at our stop, I gently shook the boy.

 

"Hey, wake up" He did open his eyes a little but then continued sleeping.I shook my head, thinking it's no use so I carried him again to the alley.

 

I lifted him up a little more so he wouldn't fall off. He murmured something but I hoped he didn't wake up. I have witnessed little kids screaming their lungs out when they are disturbed at their sleep.And of course, I didn't want that to happen.

 

I tried to be more careful when I carry him so I wouldn't awake him. I blew an air from all the exhaustion of walking but I stayed strong.Just for Yoogeun's sake.

 

Shortly enough, I was at the alley with Yoogeun in my arms.Even though my bag adds up to the weight I was carrying, I was once again distracted by all the features of the alley to even notice.

 

I hovered over Yoogeun so he wouldn't get cold. He doesn't even wear any proper clothing and it's freaking cold here.Just then I felt Yoogeun's body shivering and his teeth chattering. I went through my bag quickly and luckily found my extra jacket.

 

"Good thing I kept this" I said relieved. I wrapped the jacket all over Yoogeun's body and he stopped shivering and chattering.After he stopped, I walked towards the same area where I met him. I really have no idea why, but I felt as if a gun had been triggered when I see him.

His face filled up my mind during my dark hours, his dark aura somehow shines at the depths of my heart. 

I was scared as if that feeling could be a bad thing .

 

I gulped a little as I thought of it that way *Could it be...love?* I didn't want to believe it, I had already vowed to myself that I wouldn't show any form of care, especially love.

 

I just shook off all the thoughts in my mind and continued walking while carrying Yoogeun. Just as I was about 10 feet away from the place, I felt a presence. And it's aura seems all too familiar. 

 

"It's hard to ignore the aura that was brightened by the angel of the dark" I heard a voice said. I looked over my shoulder to see no one there. When I looked front, there he is, standing before me.

 

It surprised me that he talked, especially in a sentence.But I decided not to show it to him, so I wouldn't look weak.

 

He walked to me, taking slow heavy steps. He pointed to Yoogeun who was sleeping peacefully. I looked at the sleeping angel then I shrugged.

 

He smiled at him.I wonder what was on his mind when he did.I hoped it wasn't something bad.

 

 I always knew he was a gentle danger around the premises, but never have I seen him smile. But his smile almost enlightened me, as if I'm proud of him for that behavior.

 

I blinked multiple times in surprise.He smirked at my reaction as if he expected it. We continued on walking like nothing happened and before we realized, we were sitting where we had started.Except now I have a kid on my lap, sleeping like there's no tomorrow.

 

I tapped on his  shoulder. He looked at me and hummed in responce.

 

"You never told me your name." I told him monotonously.He just rolled his eyes.

 

"Its better that way" He replied.

 

 

"And do I have permission to know why?" I asked, in hopes to get an answer.

 

"Let's just hope you know sooner than I do, cause even I don't know" He looked at the sky and closed his eyes.

 

*What does he mean?* I was getting too much confusion for me to handle, he really is complicated.

 

Just when I want to ask him again, he snored. I was a little shocked by that, but then I knew he was sleeping. Come to think of it, he reminded me of Yoogeun and Yoogeun reminded me of him like they're brothers or something.

 

But now at the moment, was one young man sleeping at a sitting position beside me and a young boy sleeping on my lap. The only thing I could do was sleep with them, joining their journey to their dreamland.

 

"The winds have whisper your fate, you just have to stop and listen"