Chapter 3

Walkin'

" Your fake friends are the dark shadows that lure your soul into manipulation."

 

Ever since that incident with that boy, I have been acting peculiar lately. Less often have I thought of dark things and sadistic sightings, which some were replaced by an oddly splash of adrenaline and... happiness ,should I say.Something had the persistence to fill my mind of him but I don't know what. I know it's something, could be anything but I'm sure it's something.

 

"Do I ever have the will to meet that boy again?" I asked myself nonchalantly. I did it once, now I'm not sure if I would.

 

He's a mystery, that boy. Didn't speak a word when he found me sitting at the alley, but still communicating with me. I could understand almost every expression he has through his eyes, even I didn't know I could. 

 

"It's worth another try" I decided to go to that alley again, just for the satisfaction of my undying curiosity of the boy.

 

I walked to my closet and changed my outfit to this .I grabbed my Jansport bag and left the house.I looked out to the cold grey skies.It tugged my lips upward, indicating my favor for them but then I tilted my head to the street and started walking.

 

As I briskly walked towards the corners of Myeongdong , a really young boy in ragged clothes sitting between two buildings, rocking back and forth had caught my eye.

 

I tilted my head in thought when I took a glance at him. "He got it bad." I concluded nonchalantly then I walked towards the boy's direction.

 

He seemed frightened when I walked closer to him, so I stopped on the spot. I blinked and tilted my head again in thought. He curled up more and started to cry in front of me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

 

*Why is he crying?* I thought. I didn't know what to do, my parents didn't do anything to comfort me when I was crying in front of them.But this was different, they knew why I was crying when they didn't even asked while I don't know why with him.

 

I took slow steps to the boy and when I was next to him I sat.Even though the dirty ground ruined my outfit, I didn't care. I wanted to comfort the boy because I don't want him to be like ... me.

 

I sat there for a few moments until he stopped crying.That was the time for starting a conversation.

 

"Hi " I started

 

"Hi?" A meek voice from him replied.

 

I tucked my hair to my ear and continued " What's your name?"

" I ... don't r-remember" he sniffed. 

 

I half smiled." Well then, could I call you..." I paused to think of a name.I tapped my chin in thought.

 

"Why don't we call you Jung Yoogeun?" I continued, satisfied with the name I thought of.

 

He tilted his head 90 degrees " Yoo - geun?" He said each syllable. I nodded " Mm-hm. Yoo-geun" I repeated.

 

Yoogeun smiled the biggest smile I have ever seen and suddenly hugged me real tight

 

" Thank you so much!" Then he lets go of me. I was shocked to what had just happened, I've never been hugged by anyone ever. So I just looked at Yoogeun with wide eyes.

 

"Oh yeah, what's your name?" He asked, rocking back and forth excitedly.

Oh that's right, I didn't tell him my name yet." Kim Heejin" I introduced with a monotone voice.

 

"Why are you so..." Yoogeun paused " Well, you're not happy that's for sure. But you're not sad either." He hummed in confusion.

 

This kid.He's just as curious as I am. " It's called being emotionless" I answered.

 

"What's emotionless?" He asked

 

"It's when you don't have any feelings.Like right now you're happy, right?" He nodded

 

" Happy is a feeling. I rarely have any of those, including being happy" I explained.

 

He oh-ed in understanding. I almost smiled at the sight of that. He's what people called... lovable. I bet people would adopt him on the spot if they saw him here.

 

I was staring at him with admiration when I realized something.* Oh god, I was supposed to go to the alley today* I stood up to go but then I was held back.Why does this feel so familiar?

 

"Where are you going, Heejin?" He asked with full innocence.I softened a little.

 

" I have to go now" I gently petted him. His eyes started to brim with tears.

 

"Don't go" He begged. Somehow that was enough melt my heart

 

" Ok, wanna come with me?" I offered. He nodded frantically

 

"Any place is better than here" He pointed to the area behind him. I looked to where he's pointing which was a rusty and creaky door. I nodded in understanding when I finished examining it.

 

" You hated it, didn't you?" He nodded again.

I have decided, I'm taking him with me to the alley. Let's just hope he doesn't get too scared of it.

 

"But I have to warn you" I pointed at him " That the place I'm going is quite scary, can you promise me that you won't be scared?" I asked.

 

" I won't be scared. I have you to hold me" He promised and puts his arms to his waist. I chuckled silently.

 

"Alrighty then" I carried him in my arms and left the area.

 


Hello , this is my first Author's note in this story and I really am happy with this story unlike the past ones. I hope you readers would subscribe , comment and upvote. If you want to that is.. Bcz its ok to be a silent reader, I know I was. But you know just commenting would really make my day

 

Hope you have a great day and see ya next time