Chapter 7

The Bassist and the Geek

"You're what?!", exclaimed Kiyoko.

"I'm dating someone.", Jae Na said, smiling like an idiot. She just couldn't calm herself down from Akira's dating proposal.

"Who?! Did this just happen or what?", asked Ayaka.

"Hai. Right after the show he surprised me and asked me.", she blushed.

"WHO?!", the other three screamed in unison.

Jae Na giggled. "Akira."

Ayaka and Hana looked at Jae Na confused, but Kiyoko, the only one of her friends who knew about her relationship with Akira, was flipping out.

"Oh my God! Akira was there?! Oh my God! Why didn't you point him out?!"

"Wait, who's Akira?"

"The guy Jae Na was in love with in high school.", grinned Kiyoko.

"Why are we just now finding out about this?", asked Ayaka.

"Akira and I lost contact after my second year of college."

"Awe that's so sad.", said Hana. "Do you have a picture of him? I'm curious to see what he looks like."

"Girl please.", Kiyoko sassed. "I've been curious since college."

Jae Na chuckled. "You all know what he looks like."

All three stopped and looked at Jae Na. "We do?"

"He's in a band. One that all four of us listen to."

They all gasped. "You're dating a Jrocker?!", yelled Ayaka.

Jae Na nodded.

"WHICH ONE?!", the others screamed.

"Reita."

"Rei-- YOU'RE DATING THE GAZETTE'S Y BASSIST?!?!", screamed Hana.

Jae Na laughed as her friends turned into screaming fangirls.

"Oh my God."

"I can't believe this!"

"You lucky !"

"Girls, relax.", Jae Na chuckled.

"Relax?! How can we relax?", asked Kiyoko. "You're dating Reita! A rockstar Jae!"

"No." Jae Na just simply smiled. "I'm dating Akira, my best friend."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a few days after Jae Na's fashion show. Her and Kiyoko were shopping at the mall after meeting with a couple potential clients. It was such a surreal feeling; companies wanting to sell her clothes in their stores, celebrities calling her and wanting her to custom make dresses for them. It was a dream come true.

"I'm getting hungry.", said Kiyoko. "Let's hit the food court."

Jae Na nodded, stopping at the escalator when her phone started to ring.

"Lover boy?", Kiyoko grinned.

Jae Na smiled and nodded. "Hey babe." Jae Na still couldn't believe she was calling him that, but she blushed everytime she did.

"Hey. All done with your meetings?"

"Mhm. Kiyoko and I did a little shopping afterward."

"You still at the mall?"

"Yep. We're heading to the food court for lunch."

"Want to meet up? Kai and I had to get Uruha a birthday present."

"Yeah that sounds great! See you soon."

Kiyoko chuckled when Jae Na hung up the phone.

"What?"

"You're so in love."

"Shut up!"

Kiyoko chuckled again. "So I take it lover boy is here?"

Jae Na nodded. "Him and Kai had to come to get Uruha a birthday present."

"I get to meet Reita AND Kai?" Kiyoko squealed. "Hana and Ayaka are going to be so jealous!"

Jae Na laughed. "Relax. Keep your fan girl side under control."

"Girl do you know how hard that is?!"

Jae Na chuckled and nudged Kiyoko when she spotted Akira and Kai standing by the food court. "Better figure it out quick.", she said before speeding up and yelling out Akira's name. Akira and Kai both looked their way and smiled. Seeing Kai's dimple smile sent a shiver through Kiyoko's body. "Eto. He's so much cuter in person.", she said to herself.

Akira wrapped his arms around Jae Na in a soft embrace. Jae Na bowing to Kai as they pulled away from eachother.

"Konnichiwa.", Kai replies softly. "I'm Kai, though I'm sure you already knew that."

Jae Na smiled and nodded, turning toward Kiyoko, who slowly approached them and bowed. "Konnichiwa Reita-san. Konnichiwa Kai-san. Yoshida Kiyoko desu.."

They both bowed in return, Kai smiling nervously as Reita spoke. "It's a pleasure, Kiyoko."

"Kiyoko designed all the accessories I used in my fashion show."

"Oh, you're a designer too, eh?", asked Akira.

"Hai."

Kai stayed silent. For some reason, he was mesmerized by Kiyoko.

"Shall we eat?", asked Akira.

"Hai, but I have to use the restroom first..",said Kiyoko.

"We'll just wail til you get back then.", said Jae Na.

"No, it's ok Jae. Go ahead. Just get something big for us to share."

Jae Na nodded. "Alright."

"I have to go to the bathroom too.", said Kai. "Reita, you know what I usually get."

"Mm hai.", Akira nodded.

Kiyoko smiled and followed Kai to the bathrooms, Akira and Jae Na looked at eachother and grinned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai and Kiyoko make their way to the bathrooms and notice there's a line at the boy's bathroom.

"Looks like you'll be waiting a while, Kai-san.", Kiyoko giggled.

"Mm hai.", Kai chuckled, watching Kiyoko go into the girl's bathroom.

"Kai-sama."

"Hm?" Kai turned around. The last guy in line smiling at him.

"You can go ahead of me if you want."

"Ah, arigato, but I actually don't have to go to the bathroom.", Kai chuckled.

"Ah I see.", the stranger nodded.

"You must be a Gazette fan. You know my name."

"Hai. You guys are one of my favorite bands."

"We are? Domo arigato.", Kai said with a bow.

"Was that your girl?", asked the stranger.

"What?"

"The woman that went into the bathroom. Was that your girl?"

"Kiyoko?" He chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. "Ah, no. I just met her actually. She's Reita's girlfriend's best friend."

"Reita's dating someone? Hm, guess he doesn't mention her to keep the paparazzi away."

"Ah, well they just started going out."

The stranger nodded then looked at Kai curiously. "You like her though."

"What? No no no. I would never make a move on Reita's girl."

The stranger laughed. "I meant the best friend."

"Oh.", he chuckled. "Uhm.."

"Kai-san."

Kai turned around to Kiyoko coming out of the bathroom. "Kiyoko.."

"You're still waiting?"

"Uh, no, uhm...they let me go in front of them. Gotta love being a rockstar sometimes.", he chuckled, bowing to the stranger. "Thanks again."

"No problem, Kai-sama."

Kai bit his lip as him and Kiyoko walked back to where the others were sitting. Was it really that obvious that he liked Kiyoko? Did Kiyoko notice?

"Hey you two.", Jae Na said before taking a bite of the sweet and sour chicken and rice she had ordered for her and Kiyoko.

"You two were gone awhile.", said Akira.

"Kiyoko takes forever in the bathroom. She always has to fuss with her hair."

"Jae!"

"Well you do!"

"What's your excuse, leader-san?", Akira asked as he glanced over at Kai. "You're usually in and out in just a few seconds."

"I was talking with a fan."

"Kai-sama!"

Kai turned around and laughed. "Speak of the devil. Hey, thanks again for letting me go ahead of you."

"Ah, no problem!", the stranger said with a wink. "Konnichiwa Reita-sama."

"Konnichiwa."

"Ah, uhm I came to ask you something Kai-sama."

"Nani?"

"My sister would kill me if she found out I saw you and didn't get your autograph. And yours too Reita-sama?"

Kai and Akira chuckled and nodded. "Hai. Of course.", said Kai.

"But all we have to write on are napkins, and no pen.", said Akira.

"I have paper and pen in my purse.", said Jae Na.

"Ah, thank you miss.", said the stranger. "Reita-sama, is she your girlfriend?"

Akira smiled and looked at Jae Na. "Hai. She's all mine."

Jae Na blushed. "Kira.."

"You're both very lucky to have such beautiful ladies.", the stranger smirked as he took the autographs and bowed before leaving.

Kai was about to remind the guy that he wasn't with Kiyoko, but he was interupted by Kiyoko's arm wrapping around his as she hid her face against his shoulder to hide her blush.

Kiyoko, please, don't do this. You'll make me fall. Or..have I already fallen?