Chapter 2

Alone In The World

English will be in this colour.

And Korean will be in this colour.

^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"~~~~!"

You ducked your head and started walking faster. Kibum caught up to you though. You gave him a glare. He just smiles.

"I'm here to walk you home." He beamed.

You signed and stopped and shook your head at him. Then continued walking. After a minute you heard footsteps behind you. You turned to look at him and he stopped and looked at the sky like he wasn't following you.

You narrowed your eyes and waited until he looked at you. When he did you lifted your hand and motioned him to stay. He smiled and turned to start walking again.

When you didn't hear footsteps you turned to look and didn't see him.

You didn't want him knowing where you lived because your 'family' only knew korean. He'd know you could speak. Plus, he migh drop by for surprise visits.

It was still afternoon and a few more hours until dark when you reached your temporary home. With a sigh you stepped in and shed your shoes. You ignored the house slippers and just wet to your room.

After changing out of your uniform you walked out into the restraunt that was connected to the house. Without a word you tied on the apron on and saw the current order, mandu. You got started mixing the flour and kneeding the dough when you heard a roudy bunch enter.

"Ah!~~~~~There you are! Pali! It's a mad house today and i need you to take the group's order."

Your 'mother' said. She was now frying some green beans in a wok.

You peered out and saw four boys you didn't recognise. They had unsal coloured hair. Pink, Red, Platinum...at least one had black. You signed and shook your head.

After wiping your hands you walked out and approached their table.

The one with pink hair whistled at you. With a frown you shifted your weight to one foot.

" what do you want to eat?" You asked in an emotionless voice.

" Your charms don't work on her L.Joe." The one with red hair nudged him. He turned his attention to you.

"I'd like one of you on a platter." He his lips. "Please"

The others snickered.

You slammed your hand on the table and they all jumped. You leaned forward right into the red head's face."One of me? Are you sure you could handle me?" You smirked and he swallowed.

"Feisty." The one with black hair bit his lip.

"If you aren't going to eat, Leave."

"Ani! Ani!" A waiter, named Minwoo, came forward and shoved you back.

You signed that had a sight growl in it and went back to the kitchen, taking out all the frustration out on the dough.

Ms.lee, your adopted mother, eyed you. "You still don't know how to interact with customers."

" I can alway go back out and give him his order." You said in a monotone.

She sighed. "~~~~~. It's been two years. When are you going to accepted that this is your life now?"

"Order" You yelled, ignoring Ms. lee.

She shook her ead and put the green beans on a plate with the minsu. She stopped and looked at you.

"Your brother is getting out of school soon. Wash up and go pick him up."

You did as she said. Shedding your apron you washed your hands and face free of flour and tied your hair up into a loose bun and throwing a sweat shirt on.

With hands in pockets and had down you started for Chaejin's school. He was about eight and the only thing that has made you want to smile these past two years.

A car's tires squealed and you jumped. Cars always made you nervous. You hated them and refused to ride in one or drive on. You always took the subway or walked. Though, preferably, you just stayed at the park on one of the swings. It was relaxing and let you have the chance to escape the reality of our life, even if it was for a short amount of time.

You leaned against the tree and waited for Chaejin's school to let out.

"Well look what we have here."

ou turned and saw Cotton candy, the one you knew as L.Joe, and the other three.The one with platinum hair looked bored. "I'm going." He said and left. You looked back at the other three.

The one with red hair smiled seductively at you and you mentally gagged.

"You didn't give me the right order before."  He said leaning his forearm over your head and leaning in. You ignored him.

"If i remember correctly." he looked up thoughtfully. "I asked for you" he whispered in your ears.

You quickly shoved him away and his friends caught him.

"The foreigner is cranky!" Cotton candy said.

"Yah! Leave her alone!" You turned and saw none other than Mr.Smiles.*It's official. He's stalking me.*

"What you going to do about it?"The one with black hair asked.

Kibum opened his mouth but just closed it back. You rolled your eyes.

"Kibum-ah!"You saw Siwon with two others, one you recognised as aegyo man and the other just looked strong, not buff like Siwon but it was clear he was no push over.

"Siwon! Sungmin! Kangin!" Kibum greeted and they tackled him, all laughing. You heard the bell go off and you pushed off the tree and started for the school.

"Going somewhere" Cotton candy stepped in front of you.

"Is he bothering you?" Siwon asked in English.

You jus looked back at him.

L.joe looked Siwon up and down, figuring if he could take him or not. But he just stepped back and signalled his friends to follow.

"Don't mind them." Kibum said placing a hand on your shoulder. You shrugged it off and approached the school.

"Not even a thank you." One of them mumbled.

"Don't mind her. I'm sure she has her reasons." Kibum defended you.

That made you feel guilty but you quickly dismissed it and saw Chaejin running toward you.

"NOONA!" He tackled you and hugged your waist tightly. YOu signed and ruffled his hair.

"Who is this?"

You stopped and Kibum looking at Chaejin. You noticed his friends were already gone and it was just him.

"Lee Chaejin!" He beamed.

Kibum chucked and pinched his cheek. "So cute."

"Come on Noona! Omma is waiting for us!" Chaejin tugged your arm.

Kibum titled his head like he was confused.

"Chaejin-ah! Can your Noona...Speak Korean?" He asked glancing at you.

You shot him a glare and begged with all your might that Chaejin would keep his mouth shut for once.

"Of course she can!" He laughed like that was the silliest thing in the world.

"O-oh." Kibum straightened up and looked at you with an amused smile. You sawllowed and avoided eye contact.

You tugged Chaejin and started walking.

"~~~~~!" Kibum called. You glanced back.

"I won't tell anyone!"

He waved and walked away.

For some reason... that made you happy but quickly frowned.