Chapter 1

Alone In The World

You walked into the school. IIt was your first day and your last year. This marked the begging of the third year you had been in Korea. You hated every second of it. You didn't have a single friend and were a social outcast. You didn't talk to anyone and coldly stared at anyone who tried to communicate with you. The only people you spoke around was your adopted mother and adopted little brother. Though, you hardly considered them family. Just strangers that you been staying with.

You slung your backpack lazily over your shoulder and ignored the stars and whispers.

" A foreigner?"

" Think she can speak Korean?"

" Yah! We might get foreign germs!"

" Don't be mean!"

"She's pretty!"

" Like you have a shot with her!"

You knew Korean very well. In fact. You had studied the language ever since middle school. Korea was always the place you wanted to go. The place, where you would live if you chose too. But one event drastically changed your mind and made you into the cold self you are.

You entered the school's office, vaguely aware of the few students peering into the window like you were an animal on display.

" Hello!" The lady behind the desk greeted in Korean.

You, without expression, handed her a note. It said you couldn't speak or read korean.

" Oh...." she looked at you and then back at the note. With a sigh she stood and motioned her hands for you to stay.

you slouched and pushed your weight on one foot and turned to glare at the guys staring at you. They quickly turned away and acted like they were busy. You rolled your and the lady walk in with a young man that looked like a student himself.

" Hi. I'm Kibum." He said in English and offered you his hand to shake. "what's your name?"

You looked at his hand and then back at him and tapped your nametag.

"Oh.. ah..... That's.... a nice name." You could tell he was awkward but didn't really care. "Here for your first day?" he asked in english again. You nodded.

He sighed and asked in korean for your schedule.

"I can translate it in English for you." He offered.

You shook your head and took it. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Show her the way around." the lady said in Korean.

You would have said that wasn't necessary but you weren't supposed to be able to speak korean.

With a sigh you started walking. The note said your first class was-

"English. Should be easy for you." Kibum smiled sweetly and you just looked away.

"Can you speak?" he asked and you nodded.

"you just choose not to." You nodded again.

He shrugged and walked in front of you and turned around, walking backwards.

"Well, I won't stop bugging you until you speak to me."

You narrowed your eyes.

"Why don't you talk?"

You reached out and grabbed his wrist before he could bump a girl carrying lots of books.

"Mianhaeyo!" Kibum said and bowed to her. She just blushed and walked away really fast. You raised and eyebrow.

Kibum was just smiling and whistling while you walked next to him, like there was no care in the world.

"It's a shame I don't have English with you." He signed. You were relieved. *Finally. He'll shut up.*

"I'll see you in the cafeteria later!" He waved and walked away. You Mentally face palmed yourself. *I need to get rid of him.*

You walked into your classroom and no one paid attention. You handed the note saying you couldn't speak korean and saying you were a new student.

"That's fine since this is English class." the teacher smiled at you.

You frowned and looked for and empty seat.

"Sit there. The student you'll be sharing a desk with is in china right now, so you'll have your own for awhile." He explained.

You nodded and walked to your seat.

You saw on the corner that a family name was engraved.*Park* You frowned. I hope he/she isn't a chatterbox.

You kicked your legs up and leaned back. Some of the students gave you weird looks but you just closed your eyes. You could care less.

"Yah the new student has some nerve."

"Who does she think she is?"

"I heard she already started hanging out with one of the kingkas."

"Which one?"

Before you could hear the name the teacher slammed a ruler on your desk and you shot up. Some of the students snickered.

"Just because you already know english doesn't mean you can sleep. Sit up and pay attention." He walked away.

With a glare you lifted your feet and placed them on the ground.

Just then the bell rang and you just took time getting to the other one. The note said math.

You sighed. You hate math.

"math? That's my class too!" You jumped and saw that Kibum kid next to you, you frowned.

"Kaja!" He said and grabbed you, dragging you to class. When you arrived you ripped your hand from his and trudged into class. Tossing the female teacher your papers.

She seemed surprised and read them. "Hmm....Kibum." she called.

*Please no...*

"de Seonsaengnim?"

"Can you translate today's class for...." she looked a your nametag. "~~~~~~?"

"Of course!" He happily said and a few girls mumbled their complaints.

That made you raise your eyebrow but you were busy fuming over the fact that you were stuck with him.

With a loud sigh, that clearly showed how mad you were, you sat down next to him. He chuckled.

You chose the rest of the class to ignore him and he just wrote everything down for you in english.

You were relieved when the bel rang but immediately had another storm cloud over you when Kibum took your hand and brought you with him. He brought you to an empty bench and told you to stay.

As soon as he left you got up and started walking away.

Two girls stood in your way and you started to go ground them but they steeped in front of you again.

You raised and eyebrow at them.

"What do you think you're doing spending time with our kibum?"

You blinked.

"Yah! Didn't you hear her?" The other said.

You looked away with a bored expression and pulled the piece of paper of your pocket, giving it to them.

The one who confronted you first opened it.

"JINJA?" she yelled and then blushed when the other students stared at her.

"How can you not know korean? And be in Korea!" she yelled at you in korean so, you just blinked and turned away.

"Yah!" She yelled and grabbed your shoulder but before you could react three other boys came over and pushed you behind them.

"Oppas?" One of the girls squeaked.

Before you could be noticed again you started walking away.

"I told you not to leave the table."

End of Lunch

Thankfully the bell rang and as fast as you could.

"where do you think you are going!" Two of the guys came and took you on each arm.

It was the one you didn't recognise but he looked like he was overflowing with aegyo, which was strange for the man, and the other was kibum.

"Let's go!!" he cheered

you signed.

*This is going to be such a long year.*