The Memories

What Is The Truth?

Disclaimer: I do not own this story.

I was going to use their names from their past life just as it was written but I feel that some readers would get confuse especially those who are not familiar with Roswell. 

Blue: Past Life Black: Present Life

"Spoken" *Thoughts*

Comments Please ^_^

 

Chapter Eleven: The Memories
----------

The enemy was approaching too fast.  She knew that they would never had enough time to warn the rest of the troops of the impending danger.  The information had been false.  Kris had lied to Amber.  The plan had been so simple.  No one could have predicted that Kris would really love Amber.  Would lie to her to save her feelings…

Unless…  Unless she betrayed us.  Unless Amber loved Kris and betrayed us. 

No, I mustn’t think like that.  Cannot allow myself to think that way.  Amber wouldn’t betray us.  She loves Taemin, she loves her brother.  A princess wouldn’t betray her country, her people.  She wouldn’t betray Minho, the man that adores her.  She wouldn’t betray her love for him. 

Think girl, think.  This isn’t the time for your theories and guesses.  There isn’t any time for anything but to act. 

Have to get to Taemin, have to get to Taemin before it was too late.  Oh light, please do not allow him to be with the front of the troops.  Must do something.  Must not allow anything to happen to…

What is that?  Troops moving this way?  No it can’t be, there aren’t supposed to be any troops in this section of… Enemy troops.  Lots of enemy troops.

The army would never know that they are being snuck up from behind.  Have to do something, something big to warn the others.  Oh light, please let me be strong enough.  Please don’t let me fail my people, my love, my king, my Taemin.

Forgive me my child; forgive your mother for her need to save her people over her need to save you.  I love you, my little one. 

I love you, Taemin my love.  Forgive me for breaking my vow to you.  I will be with you forever in your heart.  Good bye.

 

Luna woke with a jerk as the memories faded back into the recesses of her mind.  Strong arms suddenly tightened around her, holding her close. 

“Oh,” she took deep breath to shake the cold fear that engulfed her for a moment.  “What a nightmare.”  She took deep breaths and snuggled closer to the warmth by her. 

“Tell me what it was about?”

She froze in place.  The deep rich voice was velvety soft and filled with the kind of warmth that she spent many nights dreaming of.  “Taemin?” afraid to look up.

“Were you expecting someone else?” he asked, quietly glad that she wasn’t reacting the way she had the first time she woke to find him there.

“As a matter of fact, yeah.”  She shifted slightly to look up at him, blue eyes wide with unbelief.  “Did…”

“He didn’t call us,” he answered quietly.  “In fact, he did everything he could to try to convince us that he isn’t who he is.  Pretty loyal.”  Saying nothing, she tried to pull away some more but he refused to release her.  “Sh… it’s okay.”

“What are you doing here?” she asked, her heart racing now.  “Where’s Key?” 

“I sent him to the motel to get some rest.  He looks about as bad as you do.  Don’t,” when she tried to pull away from him again.  “Just relax and lay still.  You’re weak, tired and probably feeling pretty ill.  Moving isn’t going to make it any better.”  He caressed her arm with one hand while holding her firmly in place in his lap with the other arm around her thin shoulders.  “You’re weak as a newborn kitten so don’t there’s no way for you to fight me on this.”

“Way to press the advantage,” she whispered resignedly seeing as he was right.  She felt like all her limbs were wax and the heat had melted them into puddles.  She groaned as she tried to shift her body into a more comfortable position.

“Achy?” he asked as he moved her to lay more turned toward him, careful to support her weak neck.  “Yeah, I can see that.”

“What are you doing there, Taemin?” she asked, though it seemed like silly question.  He was here for his son.  *Of course he would come after the baby, Taemin loves him already.*

“I came to see what the hell happened?”  He reached for a glass of water.  “Drink.”  He watched as her eyes watched him with a kind of wariness that made him feel like a slug.  The distrust there hurt but he couldn’t blame her for it.  “There’s nothing in there but water.” He took a sip to prove the point. 

“I didn’t think you would poison me, Taemin.  I’m just…  Why don’t you look mad?”

“Is there a reason I should be angry with you?” he asked mildly, willing to play the game for now. 

Rolling those pretty blue eyes, she shrugged the best she could.  “Oh, I don’t know. I killed one of your best friends.  Lied to you.  Took off on the Granilith.  Denied you your son.  Betrayed your trust.  Did I mention lied to you?  Hum… besides that, I can’t think of a thing.”

Taemin felt an insane urge to laugh.  It was no wonder he loved her in his past life, she was all spit and fire, loyalty and duty, sacrifice and love.  *And you threw all that back in her face, you moron.*  “We were listening in through the window.  Key would have never allowed you to mind warp him into forgetting.  He cares too much.”

She was silent for a moment, trying to remember what had been said during that conversation.  *Too much, way too much.*  “He loves Amber more.”

“That’s why he wouldn’t have let you.  He loves Amber enough to die for her.  Just like you loved me enough to give up everything for me.”  He leaned in and kissed her forehead, instinctively knowing that she was holding her breath.  “I’m not going to hurt you, I promise.”  He pulled her to him tight, knowing that she didn’t believe him.  *I’ll make it up to you, Luna.  I swear it.*

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she replied instinctively, hoping her voice didn’t quiver like her insides were doing.  She wanted to believe him, wanted to know that he loved her enough to … *To what, Luna?  To not believe you when you said all those horrible things to him?  Don’t be weak now even if your body is.  Don’t let yourself be in; it’ll ruin all those plans of yours.  Can’t let that happen.  Can’t save the others if it happens.  Stay strong!*  

“I brought the healing stones.”

Fear leapt into her eyes.  “NO!”

He struggled with her for a moment as she attempted to escape him.  “Luna, stop.  You’re going to hurt yourself.”  He managed to subdue her out of sheer strength.  Her held her down as she looked on the verge of tears.  “Stop, stop!”

“Please,” she begged, her eyes spilling over with tears.  “Please don’t.” 

“Luna, Luna, listen to me!”

“No!” she shouted, her eyes cleared of any other emotion but fear.  “Please, please, I’m begging you, let me go.”

Shaking his head slowly, he tried to reach out to her.  “Luna…”

“Please Taemin,” her hand clinched shut on his shirtfront.  “I’ve never asked anything of you, ever.  But I’m asking now.  Please, you have to let me go.”

He shook his head, regretting the fact that he had to say no to her.  “No.”  The look of devastating disappointment nearly broke his heart.  “I can’t, Luna, I can’t.  You can ask me for anything else in the world but not that.” 

“DON’T YOU GET IT?!?” her face was twisted with anguish.  “He’ll kill you if I live.  He’ll kill you if the baby lives.  You have to let us DIE!”  Her small fist pounded on his chest with barely enough strength to made him flinch. 

----------

The troops were silent; the tension was high.  His majesty walked besides him, brows furrowed with distraction.  “Your Majesty, what’s wrong?”

Taemin turned to look at me with eyes that were too wise for his youthful face.  “Something is not quite right.  I can feel it.”

“What is it?” I glance around to make certain none of the others could hear.  “Your Majesty, I’m here to help.”

“Must you call me that?” he asked, offering a small token of his affection with in that half smile he uses when trying to distract himself.  “You and I have known each other before either of us could turn lead to silver.  Why must you insist on calling me…”

“Because it is your due,” I answer honestly.  “And if you’re worried about the Queen…”

He smiled for real this time.  “I’m always worried about her.”  His lead looked up, glancing back at the strait where we had only just pass over.  “Do you think she’s safe?”

“My best men are with her in the sanctuary,” I assured him.  “Her Majesty could not be safer if she were standing by us with my body as her shield.”

“I know, my friend, but I just have this feeling…”

A man in love was a pretty interesting thing to observe.  I wonder if I look like that when I look upon my Amber?  “She is safe.  We made sure of that.”

“Minho,” he turned to me, armor shining dully in the starlight.  “Don’t let anything happen to her or the baby.  I couldn’t stand it if… whatever happens to me, you make sure she is safe.  Promise me.”

“Nothing is going to happen to you.  Just like nothing is going to happen to her or the heir.”  I frowned; it was unlike Taemin to be so pessimistic, especially before a battle.  If nothing else, he always believed the next battle would be our last and our world would be at peace once more.  “Taemin,” I called him, as I had once done before he took the throne.  “What is wrong?”

He looked at me, troubled.  “I don’t know.  I just feel like… I feel as if Luna is in danger and there is nothing I can do to protect her.”

Normally I would probably laugh at this, but there was some unfathomable conviction in his tone.  “I’ll send some men to check on the Queen.  Would you be more at ease then?”

Nodding his head, Taemin clasped his my elbow in a handshake.  “Thank you.”

“I can’t guarantee that they’ll return before the battle begins but…”

“I just need to know that…”  He turned suddenly, his face falling as he gazed back once more at the strait. 

In the next moment, our world seemed to hold its breath as the ground beneath us shook and roared in pain.  Fire and ash rained down upon us in deadly chunks.  My men, trained for years in combat, held their position but looked confused as hell.  I knew the feeling well.

I turned to watch as the fire consumed the strait with a sudden intensity that I knew was unnatural.  “What could have…”  Then I saw his face.  It was pale as the moonlight and filled with such horror that I for a moment, I forgot to breathe. 

The word left his lips as he leapt forward toward the fire.  “Luna.” 

 

Minho jerked awake, feeling his heart pound in irregularity.  He felt as if he’d run a marathon.  The dream… memory…nightmare… slowly made its way back as he sat there.

The sun was but a small ray of orange in the window and the heat of the day was slowly cooling to desert night air.  It was almost time to get on with the healing process.

He felt the sweat along his back, the fear still eating at his inners.  It was all too real, all too…  Too much. 

“What’s wrong?” Krystal asked, left her head from his chest.  The two had fallen asleep cuddling in the corner of the living room while waiting to hear from Taemin. 

He swallowed hard, feeling something painful contact in his chest.  “I remember.”