Review

Suddenly Unnie!

Suddenly Unnie!


Title (4/5):

The title is simple and matched the story’s plot. Even though the title is a bit not preferable as title, in my opinion, it is okay. Because the title has the shock or surprise emotion of being suddenly a unnie->especially Sungkyu. The title collaborated with the plot very well, mingling with the genres and contributing a lot to the story. It may not be eye-catching, but it perk’s my interest a lot. Simple and creative title.

Design (14/15):

The poster is great. Simple and definitely fitted the story and the genres. It matched the story’s colours. The pictures are picked out very well, well one is not, but it’s okay. The splashes of colours blended well together with the font of the title. Your writing style is simple and neat. Easy to understand and not heavy. The presentation is the same also, neat and clean. No vague statements nor unimportant statements were made on the story and the others were simply enchanting and enjoyable.

Mechanics (8/10):

 I definitely understand that English is not your first language. But let me tell you that everything is simply stunning. The way you use your vocabulary and arrange your grammar and the others, simply makes me dumbfounded. Well, that’s too much, but it definitely surprises me. I found the errors, having by done so about the punctuations, capitalizations and missing of words. I just found some of them and most of it is okay. Don’t worry, it’s just small errors and it’s not really noticeable. I just suggest to you that you might want to proofread the chapters.

Characters (9/10):

The characters are definitely enjoyable to read. You played them very well in the story, marking off their roles greatly. The gender swapping is 100% perfect. You didn’t miss out any, replacing some distinct quality of theirs, but at the same time still there and the only differences are the curves, the softness and line and others. Their personality is the same, and probably like Sungkyu has thought, their genders are swapped. The interactions between characters is great especially Hye Mi’s characters. Lol.

Originality/Plot (23/25):

Saying that gender swapping is not rare, is very true. There’s a lot of gender swapping these days, but you have changed it in a new view. You presented it first as a reality-a wish come true-but it turns out to be a simple dream, a nightmare one, for me, okay? But because of that dream, Sungkyu had the courage and had a way to finally confess to Woohyun which I definitely find it sweet. The whole dream was funny, really. Hye Mi’s self, Sun Jong still being the maknae, Jae Woo’s laugh and So Hyun’s caring attitude is still on the go. And Sungkyu’s doubting everything together with the incident in the restroom and with Sungkyu judging girl’s skills of wearing heels while dancing.

I personally like the part where he tried to hold back from standing and applauding because the ‘girls’ manage to do the scorpion dance perfectly with the high heels. Really fun to imagine and epic.

Flow (15/15):

The flow is nice, right on the track. It flowed perfectly, matching up the scenes and the interactions. Everything sailed straight and nothing was amiss. You distributed the parts evenly, staying account on the development of the story. There’s nothing more I could say. It’s really just flowed perfectly.

Finale (9/10):

The finale is sweet, reverting back to the way it was. I love the fact that, because of the dream, it became the way for Sungkyu to confess his feelings for Woohyun. Well, of course *cough*kiss*cough*first*cough*. Hahaha? Ehem. Okay.

Enjoyment (10/10):

 And to say that I didn’t crack up is simply an understatement. Gurl, what have you done? I was laughing from the very first paragraph until before the end then it became ‘Awww, so sweet!’. Yeah, forgive me about that. Anyways, I’m loving you because I’m cracking up so much and the storyline is such a ‘YES’.

Total (93/100)= 93%

Reviewed by cherrylisa from Sky Seasons ft.Winter