iii

Suddenly Unnie!

 

vi. S u d d e n l y    R e a l i z e !

So sudden and so surprising as if struck by a lightning, Sung Gyu stoned as a memory abruptly flooding his mind.

They are in a short break for their practice and he –with So Hyun helps– hobbles to the pantry to get some warm drinks –his stomach feels ache, groggy feeling?– and maybe some ice for his still swell sprained-ankle. He refuses her offers to just wait in the practice room while she zooms to the said place and gets the drink for him. Not that he thinks it’s kind of thorny to let a girl runs an errand for him –he is somehow a girl too at that moment, and he used to bossing Woo Hyun around, why can’t he just does the same to this girl-version– but because he needs to breath some fresh air to clear his mind. He loses his sense with the ton of unbelievable information and facts about Infinite as a girls group he just read, and being in a closed room with six different strong sweet-perfume the girls apply certainly doesn’t help him maintain his sanity. So, gets off of the room is his choice, with getting drink as his excuses. Also to stretch out his suddenly a little bit painful lower back, maybe sitting too much is the cause.

Woo Hyun is a strong boy and Soo Hyun is definitely strong too, she easily props Sung Gyu who awkwardly leans to the girl –awkward because he tries his best to not stick too close to the girl as he circling his arm around her shoulder for support. Sung Gyu and So Hyun have just reach out the dance room exit and stride down the corridor when Sung Gyu hears someone’s greeting –not that it addressed to him, but that annoying girly high tone is kinda hard to be ignored. A few meters from their standing place, a girl –Sung Gyu recognizes her as one of the staff that has a responsibility for administering the schedule of the dance practice rooms in that building– rushes forward to another girl who has just emerges from the front door, just comes to the building.

“Omo, Unnie, long time no see,” she hugs the newcomer tightly and gives a big kisses on her cheeks, Sung Gyu can hear the smackers clearly despite the fact that he stands far enough from them.

Sung Gyu almost doesn’t feel it that So Hyun still continues dragging him toward the pantry as his mind is too occupied by the occurrence that has just happened. He also doesn’t realize that they have reached their destination and Soo Hyun has already sat him in a chair, because he can’t erase the previous hug-and-kisses scene between the two girls from his mind. He almost misses Soo Hyun’s question about which drink he wants to have, since abruptly a memory of his thought last night filling his brain.

Last night before he sailed to the dreamland, a mad thought ran in his mind. But it simply just a short spark of crazy idea and he didn’t think about it any longer as he immediately embrace his sleep.

Shoot, is it what you call a wish come true?

 

 

vii. S u d d e n l y    R e m e m b e r !

It actually builds up of a disappointment that starts few weeks ago, which then triggered by a happening he sees a day before.

Sung Gyu and Woo Hyun are best friends; close enough to share some of their feelings and thoughts, intimate enough to feel comfortable with innocent touches they exchange within each other. Furthermore they also assigned as a virtual couple that well named as WooGyu that they act up in the stage, in the fan signing and any event that their group need to attend. The fan-girls coo when he steals a glance at Woo Hyun’s direction, grin in happiness at the sight of he and Woo Hyun stand close to each other, squeal as Woo Hyun throws a heart at him and roar when Woo Hyun prod a finger under Sung Gyu’s chin.

Sung Gyu is so used to such intimate friendly gestures, his body memorizes it more than his brain, and one day he unconsciously holds Woo Hyun in his hand. They are not in an event in which they need to show an affectionate act with one another, they just casually head to their next schedule, but Woo Hyun walks so close beside him, their hands brush each other repeatedly it sends a tiny flare of electricity into Sung Gyu’s spine. The next second he knows, he and Woo Hyun already holding hand, or rather he is the one who grasps Woo Hyun’s hand. But Woo Hyun clenches back and grins widely beside him though he hides it behind his free hand, and Sung Gyu also smiles at the younger shyness. Woo Hyun’s palm feels warm in his, his fingers fitly wrapped around it and everything seems right at that moment.

But he forgets that they are in public with dozen cameras directed at them, inevitably pictures of Woo Hyun and he holding hand posted in many sites even before the sun sets that day. Most comments are from their fan-girls who cherish their little moment dearly. But some others show aversion to them, mock and ridicule them as gay couple –which Sung Gyu actually is, or so does he thinks for his attachment feeling toward Woo Hyun.

His CEO calls for him to the office –of course it is him who summoned, he is the leader, and as the oldest he should be the responsible one– and tells him to turn down their affection off-stage when it is not necessary. Sung Gyu obeys him and keep his hand for himself, buries his feeling deep in his heart. But it’s not easy for him and each day it becomes harder and harder. He keeps want to caress the younger singer in any random time and to pet him when he accomplishes something to encourage him more.

The peak is when one day ago he sees two of their stylish kiss each other goodbye on the cheeks before separate in their own way. Sung Gyu doesn’t know whether they are a couple or just best friends, but the most important is there are no judging eyes when they share a kiss in public though they are in the same gender. People simply see it as adorable.

For Sung Gyu it feels unfair, girls kissing each other is cute, but he holds hand with Woo Hyun is gay and wrong.

If only Woo Hyun and I are girls, I can holds his hand whenever I want, is the thought Sung Gyu has before he fall asleep.

 

 

viii. S u d d e n l y    C o n f e s s i o n !

He has a wish and somehow it answered –maybe an angel passes by his window last night or perhaps there is a star falling from the sky– but it doesn’t mean Sung Gyu can do what he yearns for. He can’t reach out his hand to hold the one he loves though the said person stands less than a meter from him. He keeps want to touch Woo Hyun and thinks that if they are girls he can do it easily. But, see, since this morning the younger is the one who constantly touching him, while he is the one who jumps away and freaked out every time their bodies come in contact.

Sung Gyu persistently repeating in his mind it is caused of he is not fully prepared to transform into a girl, still not used to So Hyun who has softer feature than Woo Hyun.

“Here, Unnie, drink this,” So Hyun shoves a cup of herbal tea he spends a few minutes in brewing to Sung Gyu’s hand.

“Thanks, Hyunnie.” Sung Gyu feels glad that Woo Hyun and Soo Hyun share the same syllable in their last names which he always use to call the younger, so he can call her without tongue-slipping. Right after the first sip, the warm feeling of the tea eases his cramps tummy and also calms his mind.

“You look so tense since this morning, Unnie, also seems in a bad mood,” So Hyun sits beside him and puts her hands on his knees.

Sung Gyu wants to shrug the delicate fingers off of him, but this is Woo Hyun. He can’t keep push the younger away, the younger is very sensitive in heart even as a boy, and Sung Gyu knows girls are way more sensitive than boys, he is not ready to deal with a crying girl in near future so he lets the fingers rest on his knee. “Just a stupid stomachache, once it subdued I’ll be back to my old self,” Sung Gyu quickly mumbles the only reason that flashes in his mind at the moment.

“Ah, is it the time of the month, again?” So Hyun asks.

“The time of what?” Sung Gyu doesn’t understand what the younger implies, but Sun Jung comes in, announces that Hye Mi thinks they already take rest a little too long, she demands to continue their practice and needs the seven of them present in the practice room. So they do rush back to the room.

Stomachache is just his excuses, but it eats him up and gradually it feels more painful as the time goes. Sung Gyu bits his lower lips, tries to not attract any attention from the other six members who dance passionately in the middle of that practice room. But soon it is too painful even to sit straight. He bends down in his seat, folds his body as he presses his hands on his tummy, and sprawls in the floor in the next sec –he doesn’t even feel it when he just falls down from his chair. In between his moans of pain he hears the others calling his name.

What is this pain? Why does he suffer in it?

Cold hands that cup the both side of his face barely noticed by him, but Woo Hyun’s voice –oh, wait, no, it is So Hyun’s– somehow makes way to his ear. But it goes on and off, like poorly tuned radio. “Please… Calm… Keep breathing…”

The pain is so severe it blinds him and black spots start swarm in his vision, he starts to lose his consciousness. How if he won’t ever awoken again? He wakes up as a girl this morning, who know what will happen the next time he open his eyes again –assuming he still given opportunity to open it once more time. He won’t die, right? No, Sung Gyu won’t let himself die, not before he can admit what he feels to the younger. It doesn't matter anymore whether the younger is a he or a she.

So Sung Gyu does it.

“H-hyunnie...” Breathlessly he calls the younger’s name in between his sobs. “I love you.”

“Unnie, stay awake, please…”

“Hyunnie, I love you…”

“Please…”

“Hyunnie…”

 

 

“…wake up…”

“Hyunnie…”

“Please, wake up.”

“Hyun…”

“Yah! Hyung, if you can stop calling my name and wake up at this second it will be great!”

 

Wait, what? Hyung?

Sung Gyu opens his eyes abruptly, blinded for a few seconds by the sudden brightness that emerges his vision, but he realizes something, the pain in his stomach already gone. Slowly he flutters open his eyes, afraid of what will he sees. He releases a big sigh of relieve when Woo Hyun is the one in front of him –really the boy Woo Hyun with short hair, familiar sharp angle in his jaw and the most important is no bulging woman parts in his chest– and he already back to his room again.

Is everything earlier actually just a dream?

“Already awake? Good, took almost fifteen minutes to wake you up and you keep calling my name frantically. Am I kind of a monster in your bad dream?” Woo Hyun jolts out his lower lip to form a pout. “Fine, just ignore me and my question,” his pouts grew bigger as Sung Gyu doesn’t answer him and only stares wide eyes at him. Woo Hyun huffs and stands, ready to leave the room.

Sung Gyu suddenly starts to feel panic, where is he going to go? Leaving him? “Wait! Don’t go.”

“But I am just going to make breakfast for…”

But Sung Gyu yanks the younger toward him and cuts him with a kiss. One thing that Sung Gyu learns from his dream is, he won’t wait till the very last to confess his feeling anymore. All this time he just afraid of the rejection the younger may give to him so he keeps hiding his feeling, not confessing to Woo Hyun and even have a thought that maybe if they are girls it will be easier. But he won’t do it anymore, he has just admits his feeling in his dream, he has to do it in the real world too. It’s okay if they can’t show their affection in the public, but they can do it behind the close door, right? Away from the judging eyes of people around them.

“I love you, Hyun.”

 

“Take you long enough, Hyung…” Woo Hyun smiles in their kiss.

*end*

 

 

 

 

It supposed to be formed in 5 parts only, but suddenly get dragged until 8.5 parts >.

Thank you for reading and I’m so sorry for taking so long to update the last chapters (someone scold me for not updating this story, mian~)

Oh, in case you are wondering, what Seong Gyung (the female version of Sung Gyu) suffers is actually menstrual-cramps XD I drop some sign of symptom, lower-back pain and stomachache (and gloomy mood? Nah it just their sudden transformation confuses him). For some girls menstrual-cramps can feel really bad and knock them unconscious because of the pain is unbearable, bless you if you never suffered in such a pain.