i

Suddenly Unnie!

 

i. S u d d e n l y    U n n i e !

As he opens his eyes, Kim Sung Gyu almost gets a heart attack immediately. There is someone’s face, too close to his own, invades his personal bubble. He takes a sharp intake of air, shoves his body deeper to his bed, away from that someone and pushes the face in process. “God, you are so close,” he puts a hand on his chest and has just start his grumbles, but stops immediately as the other’s voice gets to his ears. He focuses his still drowsy eyes to that person, before opens them wide in shock, almost gets his second heart attack.

Sits on the floor beside his bed, whines and the cheek where Sung Gyu has just shoved away, is a girl.

Her hair is short and barely touches her neck, but she unmistakably is a girl. Oh God, look at that very stand out front body parts of her that hidden behind the shirt she wears –legend said they are call *cough*s*cough*. By a very hard effort Sung Gyu avoids his eyes from those –because of the massiveness, it feels like they have their own gravity that bend his line of sight toward them– and backs to the main problem.

A freaking girl. In his bedroom, in the dorm. Early in the morning.

, I’m not accidentally got drunk last night and bring her home, right? Sung Gyu curses mentally, but he is so sure he didn’t sneak out of the dorm last night, let alone got drunk and brought her in. The intense dance practice finished late last night, everyone was too wasted to do anything and just went straight to their respective bedrooms, and so did Sung Gyu. He believes he fell asleep as soon his head touched the pillows.

“Are you not going to apologize?” The girl’s complain interrupts his thought. She pouts her pinky plump lips, and still massages her cheek. “I was kind enough to wake you up, before the other devoured the breakfast I made, but you treat me this mean.”

“Uh, um… sorry. I-I didn’t mean it. It’s just a reflex, you startled me,” Sung Gyu apologized half-heartedly. According to Sung Gyu, it was not fully his fault, she was too close –she is in his room, it is her major fault– and he didn’t know that the person he shoves away is a she. If he knows that person is a girl, he will not hit her, Kim Sung Gyu never lays a hand on women.

Sung Gyu adjusts himself in his bed, changes his position to be sitting upright before nervously continues. “B-but, uhm, who are you?”

The girl enlarges his eyes, slightly tilts her head in astonishment. Her lips part in a gasp. “What’s wrong with you? It’s me, So Hyun, Nam So Hyun, your best friend.”

Sung Gyu scoffs at the girl’s answer. The only Nam that befriended with him –moreover entitled as his best friend– is only Nam Woo Hyun. Not this random girl. Not a girl –a pretty cute one, if he may add– who randomly intrude his bedroom. What a joke.

The girl shifts closer and puts her hand softly in Sung Gyu’s forehead. Too shock to shrug the hand away, Sung Gyu barely could move a single muscle of his as the next words that escape the girl’s mouth rings in his brain, worry evidently hinted in her voice. Here it goes his third almost-heart-attack in that morning.

“What’s wrong with you? You are not sick, right, Unnie?”

Unnie??

 

 

ii. S u d d e n l y    R e n a m e d !

In Korean, the term to call someone older than you is different based on your gender and that person’s gender. For example if you are a girl, Oppa is the word used to address male older than you who you are close to, biological or not, and literally means ‘older brother’. Meanwhile you use Unnie to address older female and it means ‘older sister’.

Then, why in the hell does the girl in front of him call him Unnie? Shouldn’t it Oppa? Unless…

Slowly, afraid of what he may see, Sung Gyu averts his eyes lower, to inspect his own body. No, he has no s. He convinces himself by checks it once more time, touches his chest –under Nam So Hyun’s curious stare– but it as flat as he remembers. Thank Goodness, Sung Gyu sighs.

B-but, his hair, he has just realizes, is long. Like very long, it almost touches the mattress’ surface –what is he, a Rapunzel?– and messily spreads around his sides, feels ticklish on his skin once he registers their existence in his brain. Sung Gyu grabs a handful strands of hair on his head and pulls it hard. “Ouch, it’s not a wig?” He rubs his scalp that hurt by his own action.

The Nam So Hyun girl breaths out a soft amusement chuckle at him, “what are you doing, Unnie? Aren’t your hair is your pride? Come on, apparently your empty stomach made your head become empty too.” She grabs Sung Gyu’s hand and –Sung Gyu allows her because he still confuses– drags him out from the bedroom. She ushers him on the dining table that already full with –Sung Gyu stares in horror– another five girls.

“Morning, Unnie.” They all greet him, not bother to divert their face from their half-empty plates. Sung Gyu glances around the table, takes a closer look to the girls who munch on their meal lively. His lips part in silent gasp, when a sudden realization hit him. Though of their longer hairs, the softer look on their faces, the curves on their bodies, but there are many resemblances between them and the Infinite members that he knows. They all are look like the female version of Infinite members! Sung Gyu screams in his mind.

“Here, Unnie,” So Hyun who has just back from the kitchen puts a bowl of rice in front of Sung Gyu, distracts him from his thought. Sung Gyu ignores the food, eyes on So Hyun instead, who occupies the empty chair in front of him and starts to enjoy her own breakfast. God, why didn’t he see it before? Though her jaws is not as sharp as he recalls in his mind, but the chubby cheeks, the straight nose and the rather smalls eyes of her are exactly like the ones that possessed by Nam Woo Hyun.

I’m going crazy. Are they all using make-up and role-playing as girls? But then he remembers his real long hair and Sung Gyu face-palms himself in frustration, effectively earn questioning look from everyone in that table, they all stop in eating their meal.

“Unnie, what’s wrong?” A girl beside him touches his shoulder, looks worry.

Sung Gyu jerks his shoulder to swat the hand away and that girl gasps. Her pretty and big eyes widened –Sung Gyu remembers the same eyes on Sung Jong’s face. “Aish, stop calling me Unnie!” unconsciously his bark is louder than he meant.

A pregnant silent veiled the table, until a loud bright laugh cracks, the one that sound like Dong Woo’s. “Hahha, but Unnie, then what should we call you with?”

“So, now we can call you by your name,” a girl who sits the furthest from him threw an infamous Hoya’s -stare, “eh, Kim Seong Gyung?”

Kim who??

 

 

iii. S u d d e n l y    C h e c k u p !

It is soft and smooth –though a little messy, maybe because hasn’t been brushed after he gets out of bed–, honey-brown in color and very long it almost reaches his . Sung Gyu sighs as he and inspects his long hair once again –definitely not a wig or hair-extension– before shifts closer to the mirror, braces himself to examine his appearance.

He has just runs and locks himself in the bathroom after the Hoya-looked-alike girl calls him with a girl’s name –sounds so alike with his own name, but no, that girl doesn’t call his real name– leaving everyone on the dining table confused. He once again needs to ensure himself that he doesn’t –magically just in one night– turn into a girl like the other, but his wish scatters right away. Not only the other of Infinite members that has a sudden change on the face feature, he is not an exception. His chunky little eyes that often get teased are still the same, but just like the other, he can see that there are some softened here and there in his face, make him look more girly than his inborn face.

Sung Gyu puts his hands on his hips. Yup, though slightly, undoubtedly he also has curves like a girl. He already checked his chest on the bedroom before, and he doesn’t want to touch it again –it looks so flat on his reflection in the mirror. So, Sung Gyu proceeds his checkup on the body part that can clearly differentiate a male from a female. His heart beats so hard and fast like a battalion of army in march as he drops his hand on the area between the abdomen and the thigh on either side of his body, s down on the clothed body part.

As he feels his family jewel is not there, Sung Gyu bit down his cry. A man does not easily cry!

Sung Gyu doesn’t know how long he stays in the bathroom and laments on his fate until someone pounds the door and –with girl’s high tone– asks him out, to take turn on the bathroom.

“Wait a minute,” Sung Gyu never realize before that he also sounds like a girl, soft and the tone is slightly high. He wipes the tears that wet his cheeks without his permission and decides that he has his mourn enough. Now he needs to face his new life bravely like a man –or like a girl he is now.

But before he reaches out his hand on the door handle, he notices something. He has a nature call.

Sung Gyu bit his lower lip. Should he? Or shouldn’t he? But he can feel his bladder almost burst out because of the fullness in it. After a moment of hesitation and he knows he can’t hold it any longer, Sung Gyu opens the toilet lid and stands in front of it. He tilts his chin up and stares at the ceiling before awkwardly moves his hand to slide his pajama pants down, tries not to touch more than he needs –he still can’t prepare himself to see or touch his woman’s private part, though it is his own body at that moment. Sung Gyu holds his pants that lowered until his mid-thigh just like he used to do while doing his business, hisses in satisfaction as he relieves himself, but…

, girls are not peeing while standing!