Day 2 11PM KST

The Generation Chronicles: 1990

                He chuckled at my surprised expression. “He’s already come and talked to me, so you can save that speech you’re planning in your head.”

                “I wasn’t planning a—“

                “Yes you were.” He turned away and grabbed a jacket from behind him. “Anyway, I guess this means it’s time to go, then, right?” Luhan turned back around to look at me expectantly.

                I shrugged, shoving my hands into my pockets. “You would have to talk to Yongguk, I guess. I just tagged along.”

                Luhan nodded, grabbing a bag and tossing it onto his back. “Where’d he go?”

                I gestured towards the door. “To the other guy’s room.”

                “Minseok-ah?” He chuckled. “That must have gone well.”

                He led me down the hall to another room and opened the door without even knocking. He just barged in like he did it all the time, which I guess he did maybe. I glanced in nervously and saw the cute, friendly one—Minseok—standing on the table and glaring down at Yongguk. His entire posture screamed of apprehension. He didn’t look cute or friendly up there. He didn’t trust Yongguk, and for good reasons I was guessing. His eyes snapped up when the door opened.

                “Luhan, what is this guy doing here?” he asked, jerking his chin towards Yongguk.

                Luhan looked up at him and laughed. “What are you doing on the table?”

                “I asked you first.”

                “I asked you second, you punk.” Luhan smacked at his leg playfully, which in return, Minseok kicked him back. Then, Luhan turned to face Yongguk. “It takes more than a few quick minutes to explain to Minseok that you’re trying to save his life. The kid has trust issues.”

                “Yah, I’m older than you!”

                “You know his background.” Luhan muttered, giving Yongguk a knowing look. Yongguk just sighed.

                “That’s why you’re here.” He said, glancing up at Minseok. “Just get him back to my place by the night ends, okay? They’re moving in fast.” He turned to face me. “We’ve got to go back.”

                I nodded, glancing over to Minseok one more time before turning away with Yongguk.

                We entered the apartment and was quickly welcomed by the smell of something delicious being cooked in the kitchen. I took a peek in and saw that Sunhwa and Jieun were hard at work, making an extremely late dinner.

                “I thought you guys would be asleep by now.” I muttered, entering the kitchen and taking a seat on the counter, out of the way from their cooking.

                Sunhwa laughed. “Sleep? Who does that these days?” She used the knife in her hand to gesture towards the fridge. “Can you get the milk for me?”

                I nodded and hopped off the counter, going straight to the fridge and retrieving the milk for her.

                “It’ll be ready soon.” Jieun said with a small smile.

                “What smells so great?” I heard someone yell from the living room. I stepped out to go and find out who it was, although I already had a good idea of who it could be.

                I was right. Luhan and Minseok stood in the living room, looking around the spacious apartment in awe.

                “Dinner’s going to be ready soon.” I said, already noticing Kris and Rome coming down the stairs and eyeing the new arrivals with apprehension.

                “I’m going to go ahead and assume you’re the two that Yongguk just told us about.” Rome said, leaning against the railing on the stairs and giving the two a suspicious look.

                Luhan gave him a mock salute. “You’d be assuming right.”

                Minseok only scoffed, crossed his arms and continued to examine the apartment.

                Luhan elbowed him playfully. “This kid is Minseokkie and he’s actually glad to be here, but he won’t admit it because he’s a prideful little dude.”

                “It has nothing to do with pride.” Minseok snapped, turning to glare at Luhan. “I just don’t trust that guy, and I don’t think you should either.” Luhan just laughed and turned away with a shake of his head, ignoring Minseok as he continued to rant about how Luhan trusted people too easily and how that was going to get him killed one day. The two wandered down the hallway towards where Himchan was currently hanging out in one of the rooms and Kris and Rome descended down the rest of the stairs to walk over to me.

                “What’s his deal?” Kris muttered, tilting his head towards the direction the two had disappeared. I shrugged, shaking my head in indication that I had no idea.

                Rome sighed. “Well, while you were gone, the girls told us about a few more people that had been Recruited that they can get in contact with. They should be here by the end of the week or something.”

                I frowned, not liking the sound of that. “They were already Recruited? Can we trust them?”

                Kris nodded. “They were positive that we could. The girls were actually Recruited too, but Research has kind of let them go the past few years. Apparently something happened, but they won’t tell us what it was.”

                I paused, allowing that to sink in. “Can we trust them?” I asked in a hushed voice.

                “We asked Himchan the same thing.” Rome whispered, glancing towards the kitchen. “He told us to just trust Yongguk. We don’t have to fully trust anyone that enters this apartment except Yongguk. He knows what he’s doing.”

                “Because he’s done this kind of thing so many times before.” Kris muttered, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall behind him. Rome and I both sighed and gave him a look.

                “We’ll trust Yongguk. Which means we’ll trust whoever he trusts. Including whoever comes into this apartment.” Rome said with a final nod. “It’s not like we have much of a choice.”

                Which was true. We had nowhere else to go without a huge possibility of them finding us. This was basically it now.

                Dinner was filled with a heavy silence. The food was good and everyone was definitely starving considering how late it was, but it was also awkward and slightly hostile. Minseok and Kris sent glares to each other every time they would reach for the same kind of food at the same time. Jieun and Yongguk kept glancing at each then awkwardly looking away, while Himchan looked on with amusement. Every time Luhan or Hana would try to make a comment, Sunhwa would send them a warning glare and they’d shut their mouths quickly. All in all, nothing could have gotten anymore awkward in my opinion.

                If this was how it was going to be for now on, I couldn’t help but wonder what it was going to be like with the newer arrivals later on in the week.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

i'll be honest, this was more of just a filler chapter. but i did add a bit more of their relationship with each other (or at least the start of the relationships) because those will be very important to the story. so pay attention to how they treat each other~

Luhan will probably be my favorite sub-character (or at least one of them) for many reasons. he's optomistic, annoying as can be, but loyal to the bone.

He's major comedy releif, especially as more and more characters began to be introduced and the story actually gets serious, you know?

i'm really sorry this took so long~ busy busy busy last couple of days. babysitting and i went on a date :o which was sooo much fun :D we hung out downtown and took goofy pictures and went to get fro-yo. (my obsession with fro-yo lives on!) and lots of hanging out with family and friends.

but my grandma and then a friend of my mom's is coming into town soon and i don't really...um...get along...with either one of those people...so i'm hoping i can use that time to update more often ^^

thanks for reading~