Day 2 7PM KST

The Generation Chronicles: 1990

                That got their attention. They all turned to stare at Yongguk, different levels of surprise and confusion written on their faces. Jieun glanced between Yongguk and I for a while before taking in a deep breath.

                “You’ve got about ten minutes before they send Hyosung to come and check on us. Speak fast.” She gestured for us to follow her into their living room, where we all sat around for a moment in silence. Jieun turned and glared at Yongguk. “Explain.”

                “A cure?” Sunhwa scoffed, shaking her head. “Yongguk, this better not be one of your crazy ideas again.”

                “I have proof. Fat Cat knows where the info about it is being kept.” Yongguk said quickly.

                Hana stood up, walked over to the window and glanced out. “I’d hurry that explanation up, Bang, we’ve got company.”

                Yongguk and Himchan shared a look.

                “We need you guys to come with us.” Yongguk leaned forward and quickly wrote his address on a piece of paper on the coffee table. “We don’t have any more time left.”

                The three girls shared a look similar to the ones Yongguk and Himchan passed between themselves. Then, Sunhwa turned and gestured towards Rome, Kris and I. “Do they know about this?”

                “I told them this, if that’s what you’re asking.” Yongguk stood up and went to stand next to Hana, glancing out of the window. “I don’t see Hyosung.”

                “They didn’t send her. They sent—“

                “Bang Yongguk.” A cynical voice said from behind us. We all turned around to see someone standing in the hallway, a sneer highlighting his features.

                “Hyunseung.” Hana said with a sigh, crossing her arms and frowning.

                The male in front of us tilted his head to the side, smirking at the fact that he was clearly making everyone uneasy. He chuckled as his eyes scanned us all before landing on Yongguk. “What are you doing here, traitor?”

                Yongguk clenched his jaw but didn’t say anything.

                Himchan stood up, standing in between the two of them with raised hands. “We’re not here to fight, Hyunseung. Just let us go.”

                Hyunseung shook his head immediately. “I’ve been given orders, and I’m not leaving until everyone here that shouldn’t be here is gone.”

                Himchan glanced over to Rome, who nodded in approval of whatever that look meant. Rome then nudged Kris, gave him a look, and they both stood up.

                They were behind Hyunseung before any of us had a chance to flinch. They yanked him back, slamming him against the wall and pinning him there. He didn’t even put up a fight, just let them do that. A certain emotion flickered through his eyes that I couldn’t place, almost like fear. But not fear of the two that were now holding him against the wall, but fear of something else.

                He was being controlled by something much more fearsome than a room full of people with abilities.

                Hyunseung chuckled, turning his attention back to Himchan. “Can’t do anything yourself, huh, Himchan?”

                A knife came flying out from the kitchen, only to hover close to Hyunseung’s face. Himchan simply smiled at him, tilting his to the side.

                “Don’t make me do it myself, Hyunseung, you won’t like me when I’m angry.”

                With a nod from Himchan, Rome and Kris roughly let go of Hyunseung who did nothing but stand there, cross-eyed and staring at the knife.

                Jieun hesitantly stood up. “You should go.” She said, turning to look at Yongguk. “All of you.” She reached out and began to clear things off of the coffee table, taking the piece of paper with her. She glanced over at me and sent a small nod, which I returned. “Go now before they get suspicious on what’s taking so long.”

                We left them to deal with Hyunseung.

                “Is he—“

                “Born in 1990? No, 1989. He’s part of the first trial. We’re the second.” Yongguk muttered, taking a seat with a heavy sigh. “There’s quite a few of them, actually. All were Recruited, all are crazy.”

                Himchan whistled, catching my attention and then he circled his finger around the right side of his head as if to say ‘real crazy.’

                I got his point.

                “You’re lucky he didn’t go for your throat as soon as he saw you, Bang.” A voice said from behind me. I turned around to see Jieun, Sunhwa, and Hana step into the living room. Sunhwa crossed her arms and looked at us all expectantly. “Well?”

                Yongguk sighed again, leaning forward in his seat. “We’re going to go get those files, but we need a lot of help.”

                “There’s a surprise.” Hana muttered, her voice dripping with sarcasm. She narrowed her eyes at Yongguk. “How do we know we can trust you?”

                “You think I’d show up in your place, where I know they’d find me, and not go for an important reason?”

                Sunhwa sat down, turning to face him. “We thought that reason would be a bit different.” She nodded towards Jieun. “Really different.”

                “Do you two have history or something?” Kris blurted out, gesturing to Yongguk and Jieun. She gave him a wide-eyed gaze full of confusion and he just glared at Kris. Either way, Kris had obviously said something he shouldn’t have.

                “Excuse me?” Jieun asked, turning her full attention to him.

                “You know,” Kris shrugged. “History.”

                They stayed silent as they continued to stare at him.

                Hesitantly, Kris turned away and glanced over at Himchan. “Do they?”

                Himchan scratched the back of his head and looked at Yongguk before turning to Kris. “It’s not my place to answer that.”

                “So they do.” Rome said, the corner of his mouth raising into a smirk. “What happened?”

                “We’re not having this conversation.” Yongguk said, cutting off whatever Himchan was about to say. He stood up and gestured towards me. “Anya, come with me. I’ve got an idea of where two more people are going to be tonight.”

                “I want to go.” Sunhwa and Hana said in unison.

                Yongguk sighed heavily as he turned to glare at them. “Don’t.”

                “Don’t what?” Sunhwa asked, already standing up. She sent him an innocent smile. “We just want to tag along.”

                “No, you’re trying to get under my skin already. Don’t do that.”

                Hana gasped, as if what he had just said was so scandalous. “Why, Bang, would we do that?”

                “Yes.” Yongguk and Himchan said together. Kris snorted, fighting the urge to laugh. Sunhwa reached over and smacked the back of his head.

                “I already don’t like you.” She said, narrowing her eyes at him.

                “Likewise.” Kris grumbled, rubbing the spot that she had hit and stepping away from her.

                Yongguk sighed, suddenly standing next to me, a jacket already in his arms. “Let’s just go.” He grabbed my arm and we both appeared in a different part of town. It was much more rundown and looked like a typical place for criminal activity to go unnoticed. Yongguk pulled his jacket on and covered his head with the hood. “This way.”

               

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

i freakin give up with this computer. i try to do different fonts and colors and whatever but it doesn't work. so sorry it looks so boring :/ ruins my plan, that's for sure.

hope you enjoyed anyway~

ugh, i'm so irritated right now

oh and heads up, there will be pairings in this story, but they're really random. i fit the people together by their personalities in teh story, not by popular ships or whatever... :)