Diverge

Acts of Infidelity

                “Junhyung-ah, quick! We still need to go to M! Countdown.” A bubbly, sweet Yoseob chided and skipped towards the expressionless rapper, “Junhyung-ah? Hello?”

                The younger male started waving his palms in front of the other’s face until he finally got a response.

                “W-wha--- Oh, Yoseob. How are you?” Junhyung blinks at the other and started to walk towards the other members as if nothing significant happened, and it got Yoseob dumbfounded for a few moments until he sighed and shrugged the little worry that was building in his chest.

                Maybe his hyung was just drained from all the work he has been doing the past weeks.


                A rough day of performances passed but it was quite alright with the Beast boys since they have a couple of days off; they aren’t super humans to get going with nonstop schedules.

                Most of the members of Beast (namely Doojoon, Yoseob, Kikwang and Dongwoon) decided to visit their families for the night which made the dorm eerily quiet, especially when the rapper thrashed the biggest room of the dorm with the strong stench of alcohol.

                “You’ve been quite down these past few days… uhh, weeks?”

                “Shut up.” A raspy voice came out of a sluggish, alcohol-intoxicated Junhyung. He had been almost a drunkard for the past month and he sure have already built a high tolerance regarding how the room he was in right now was packed with empty bottles and cans of alcohol of different kinds.

                “I’m just telling the truth, stupid. You’ve been drinking for days. I don’t even know how you can still perform!”

                “Hyunseung, you’re such a nag.” Junhyung growled and fell back on his bed inside Beast’s dorm while Hyunseung busied himself with his phone.

                Typical, phone-addicted Hyunseung.

                “I’m going to break up with her.” He continued, making Hyunseung look over him while quirking a brow, “I really don’t know if we already split up but there really isn’t any text from her so I guess I have to make the first move.”

                Hyunseung looked back at his phone, “Isn’t she your dream girl? You used to swoon way too much about her even when you were in XING and even when you were with Hara.”

                “You know too well that CUBE and DSP only did that for a publicity stunt,” Junhyung scoffed, then fell silent for a long while when he took in what Hyunseung asked.

                “Come on, Junhyung, think about it.” Hyunseung blinked a couple of times at Junhyung before he looked back at his phone and resumed whatever he was doing.

                “I already did for the past week.”

                Junhyung’s reply just made Hyunseung shrug.

                He wonders what will be the outcome of what his co-member will do, but who was he to meddle, anyway?


                “Taeyeon-ah~ let’s get a move on! I’m really booooooored.” Sooyoung whined while she laid on the couch of her and Taeyeon’s shared house.

                Taeyeon, on the other hand, said nothing as she scooped a spoonful of ice cream and gobbled it up; forgetting that she has a diet to keep track on.

                “Fine, then.” The younger female pouted and sat up, “I’ll go out by myself.”

                Sooyoung was already gone the moment Taeyeon slumped on the big comfy chair she was on and sighed. It’s been quite a long, depressing month but she had to admit that she feels really relaxed. She doesn’t know why she lost all her tension with her issue with Junhyung.

                She didn’t bother replying to his texts, calling him or even texting him and ask how he was doing. She just ignored him all-out; even if they sometimes bump onto each other in music shows, she never even gave any effort to acknowledge his presence and just walk away and that sounds really heartless of her. At least, now, she feels so relaxed and free of all the diet. Because eating tons of ice cream and gummy bears is heaven for her.

                When she was about to take another scoop of her ice cream, her phone beeped; its screen displayed a message from Junhyung.  She didn’t want to read the message if she were to honestly give her opinion, but her gut told her to take the phone and read his damned message.

                Was it because she missed him? Well, why wouldn’t she? She loves the person, for crying out loud, but with all the trust issues she has with the man, she’s too perplexed with everything now and for the past month after that incident happened in CUBE’s studio.

                “Let’s break up.” The message displayed. She was stunned, and her body refused to move, her lungs even ceased her breathing. She contemplated on replying but at the back of her mind, she didn’t know what to say either.

                Silence means yes, doesn’t it? But maybe at some point, silence can also mean no.

                Her body shuddered and she fought her way to stopping her body falling too weak just because of a text message.

                “Why? Why must I even cry?” she muttered as she forced a smile on her lips; but she couldn’t stop her lips from quivering, “He only did hurt me, didn’t he? It’s good. The break up is good.”

                “This break up is good.” She kept repeating to herself until she broke down.

                Ending a relationship is harsh, moving on is harsher.

                With all that is left of her draining energy, she took her phone and tried to reply. Even if she had a lot of difficulty with pressing the keys, she tried her best to reply, she would have called but she didn’t want Junhyung to hear her so vulnerable, so fragile and so weak as she is now. No, she isn’t the kind of person who would stoop down so low just because she got hurt.

                She is strong; she can do things she must do, and sending a text message is something that she must do or else she’ll regret it sooner or later. With what seems to be hours to accomplish, she finally finished typing a rather lengthy reply, but she thought it was a good farewell message. She heaved a soft sigh and closed her swollen eyes; the tears finally stopped and so did her shaking but her chest was still clenching painfully. At least it was the only thing she was worried about.

                “I’m so pathetic.” She whispered to herself and let out a weak chuckle; man, she never thought she’ll break down too much just because of one guy, but then again, Yong Junhyung wasn’t just one, puny guy she has ever laid his eyes on.

                “Junhyung, you stupid cheat.” She opened her eyes and looked at the ceiling; her tears began falling again, “You stupid, ing cheat.”

                I hate you so much.