I knew it..

Acts of Infidelity
The sun is scorching bright outside and there's no doubt it's warm and maybe even hot; but stuck in a corner, Taeyeon continued to weep although she doesn't know why she's still doing so, and she also found it pathetic that a 24-year-old woman with a regular job like her skipped a day of work just because of a simple heartbreak.


It wasn't the first time her boyfriend of a mere span of three months - Yong Junhyung – “cheated” on her and she had already told herself to not cry over it if it happens again. And now it turned out she ate her words and tried getting herself to stand up, move forward and live like any other day she learns he cheated on her. Now, though, is something like a special case.

People ask why it is so but even she cannot even get herself to tell it and just reason out to people that it was just like any other day she caught Junhyung red-handed. It also is incredible even for her that she still stuck around him even if he had done such acts of infidelity. Well, Junhyung says he's sorry and will never ever do it again so all Taeyeon did was believe in him.

'I need to stop crying...' she thinks to herself as she hugged her knees closer to her chest and laughed bitterly - she was a mess and she's making herself more of a mess than she already is at the very moment.

"Baby, please open the door and let me in.." she knew it's Junhyung on the door; and she also knew what he wanted other than opening the door for her and it is trying to win her back with all his promises to never be unfaithful again.. And Taeyeon already got tired counting how many times he cheated.

"Go away..." she mumbles and she fully knows he didn't hear it so she shouted, "Go away, you insolent bastard!" and she bursts out to tears again, praying her tear sacs would eventually dry soon.

She isn't the type of person who cusses, no - she was just too angry, depressed, confused, and bitter - she pitied herself.

"No. Baby, I won't go. Just, please come out." the eager yet sad voice of Yong Junhyung was then heard.

"Then I'll never come out! S-so go!" she didn't want her voice to break but it did. How she hated it when she was that weak just because of a guy. Just because of a guy; she's too broken to no point of comprehension. She hates every bit of it. And she hates how much his voice is luring her to him. No, she can't let him in but she doesn't want to tell him she wants a break-up; she loves him too much it's too stupid.

"Yeob---"

"GO AWAY! LEAVE ME THE ALONE!!"

And after that, her sobs were the only sound that can be heard in the four-corners of her condominium. And in the back of her mind, it hurts that Junhyung went away. Yes, she did say she wanted him away but she didn't expect he'd go away too soon and to her it's like she’s nothing to him.

She cried for a good one and a half hour until she passed out only to wake up five hours later.

It was already dark out and she felt her head starting to ache as if she has a hangover. She sluggishly got out of her bed and she literally felt weak in the knees - her legs shook uncontrollably that she stumbled just to get to the bathroom and the view of her face disgusted her.

"I'm so ugly..." she sighs, cupping her bloated cheeks. Her puffy, red eyes, nose and lips made her think that she is such an unattractive person, "Maybe this is why he cheats on me too much..." and then she laughs bitterly at herself; the emotional turmoil heaving up into a torment that she couldn't escape.

Just like that, with a shrill scream, the mirror shatters which caused a lot of scratches and cuts on her fists. She didn't mind the physical pain the shattered mirror inflicted; it was something she could bear although she fears blood to a maximum. She turned her face to the mirror, tiny reflections of her miserable state started to crush her inside.

"Why am I not enough?! Why?!" she shouted at the top of her lungs but she shed no more tears that she didn't even notice and her rear fell on the floor, hugging her bleeding fists to her chest tightly.

"W-what happened? Unnie!" Sooyoung, her roommate shouts worriedly, hurrying to the crying mess on the bathroom floor, "Junhyung-oppa! Taeyeon-unnie's bleeding!"

Taeyeon froze, He's here? Why did Sooyoung let him in?!

"Taeyeon... what did you do?" Junhyung panicked and ran to the girl lying limp on the floor. He noticed the shattered mirror and he knew what just happened, "Taeyeon, I'm sorry... please... just talk to me..."

"Sooyoung, did you eat already?" Taeyeon averts her gaze somewhere, sniffing a little before standing up slowly although it hurts a bit. Sooyoung on the other hand was so clueless of what was happening but went to her side and help her stand up.

"Unnie... Junhyung is here..." Sooyoung says, looking at Junhyung with a questioning look but Junhyung just smiled bitterly and tried helping Taeyeon walk, only to get shoved away.

The bleeding girl started to walk out of the bathroom and continued shoving away Junhyung who was still being persistent since he really wanted to help – she’s his girlfriend for crying out loud – and it was the least he could do.

He knows she’s hurting more than too much – physically and emotionally – and he knows it’s because of him that was why she started acting like that and he put all the blame to him. He just couldn’t tell Sooyoung that yet because he didn’t want to get kicked out of the condominium Sooyoung and Taeyeon shared. He waited for more than five hours to get inside and now that he is in, he doesn’t know what else to do.

She looks like a mess and all he just wants is to trap her in a hug and cry on her shoulder; he feels so sad, so miserable, so guilty and so crumpled. Hurting her was not something he wanted to do to her, even if it were indirectly done so otherwise. He admits he loves the girl so much and he’ll do anything for her. He doesn’t want to lose her and he’s doing all that he can.

Only if she knew that, only if she’ll just take him back.

“Oppa. I’ll just go to the convenience store and buy some bandages and food, go on and treat her wounds.” Sooyoung smiles uneasily and hands Junhyung a small first aid kit before she looked back at Taeyeon who was curled up in a ball on the other side of the couch he was also sitting on.

Taeyeon wanted to crawl away, though, but her adrenaline rush from her breaking down and breaking the glass had already faded which made her feel intense pain of being cut by broken pieces of the mirror she just broke. She sobbed quietly, not wanting to attract any attention from anyone since she really does want to be left alone.

She doesn’t try and hurt herself for attention, no – she’s better than that. She isn’t someone who would put her life at stake just for pity. Being pitied on is the last thing she wants people to feel for her. She is strong and she will stay that way for a very long time.

“Unnie, I’ll just go to the store, okay?” Sooyoung bends over to caress her unnie’s head before heading out. Taeyeon just nodded and buried her face on the throw pillow on the couch.

Now, she only had to get rid of Junhyung who she knew is sitting on the couch.

One, two, maybe three minutes, she heard footsteps fading and getting pretty close to her and she knows it’s Junhyung so she curled up even more, trying not to let him see how vulnerable she is at that very moment, “Go away.” She says faintly but she felt herself being lifted to sit up which she tried to fight away but she was too weak and Junhyung had always been so strong.

Her head is down low as Junhyung held her wrists firmly, making sure he didn’t touch her wounds.

She indeed looks like a mess – like she just witnessed someone very important to her get murdered in front of her – it was very heart breaking that Junhyung couldn’t help but bite his lip to fight back his tears. It wasn’t time for him to cry, though. What’s more important was mending her wounds.

When she stopped squirming, he took one of her hands, pulling it closely to him so he could examine it well and took a cotton ball and soaked it with alcohol, “It will hurt a lot, okay?” he looks up at her with his red, puffy eyes – and, yes, he had been crying before he went inside, too.

He had hoped she would at least protest like she usually does whenever he would try and mend to her little wounds when she falls or trips whenever they were in a date. He can still remember how much she would scream and shout ‘! ! Help!’ and run around until they find themselves huddled up on the couch. How he missed those times. They were really happy but it didn’t last that long.

They have been fighting most of the time and it was mostly because of jealousy. It was always Taeyeon who had been jealous and he had to admit that he was really at fault. Taeyeon isn’t the first girl that he loved; he had a girlfriend before who cheated on him that was why they broke up. But he never knew that his ex-girlfriend wanted him back.

But that wasn’t the thing that made Taeyeon jealous – it was him telling Taeyeon that he actually kissed his ex. It got her enraged and miserable that she had been crying for a good whole weekend just because of it. But, to Junhyung, it was best that he told it to her directly and not hear it from some other person. But he never knew that it will scar her as much. He never knew that it was much of a big deal to her but he was thankful that she forgave her after.

Although that didn’t last long when Taeyeon soon discovered how he had been secretly meeting his old yet long-time crush almost every day. She wouldn’t have been that jealous if he would’ve been too clingy around the girl and it just made Taeyeon feel very useless and kept asking him if she were enough. And that hurt Junhyung the most.

True, Junhyung have done his faults but he was changing. And she was actually doing a good job until his ex went into the picture yet again, telling him she wanted her back but he told her he couldn’t because of how much he loves Taeyeon and how much he doesn’t want to disappoint her again. Taeyeon, on the other hand, saw them in the most wrong time since he and his ex have already finished talking and were giving hugs of good byes. And that situation led to this present one – Taeyeon and Junhyung skipping work and crying over what appeared to be a misunderstanding.

Junhyung was about to dab the cotton ball over her wound when she says, “You were nothing but a heart ache.”

He looks up at her with wide, weary eyes. He wanted to ask her why though he knew all too well what she means so she just looks back at her hand and smiled, dabbing the cotton ball on a small cut so she wouldn’t get hurt that much.

She flinched and bit her lip as he blew on her wound to at least minimize the stinging. He gingerly worked on her wounds, hushing her whenever she would wince or even sob, making sure he cleaned all the blood all-over her arms and face before cleaning up the first aid kit. He stood up and walked to the bathroom to also clean up the mess. He was about to throw the shattered glass outside when he saw Taeyeon sitting on the chair, looking at him with her puffy, tired eyes; her red, plump lips parted a little and her nose and cheeks still tinted a deep red.

Junhyung immediately put down the plastic bag where he put all the shattered pieces of the mirror in and knelt in front of her and, in an instant, wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his face on her tummy; he knows he doesn’t need to say anything because he already knew what she was about to say next. And, as if on cue, she speaks.

“I should have never held onto your promise.” she said rather calmly, “I knew it. I just knew it, Junhyung.”