Concede

Acts of Infidelity

It had been quite long after Taeyeon and Junhyung’s last encounter – 2 days, 8 hours, 27 minutes and about 13 seconds and counting which Junhyung got track in. The rapper misses his girlfriend too much. Yes, his girlfriend, since no one ever brought up about breaking up; and the brown-haired rapper doesn’t consider doing so or agreeing if ever it came to, otherwise. He loves the woman too much and the people who are close to him know about it although it was supposed to be a secret – Junhyung gossips about it a lot since he is quite proud that his ultimate female bias became his.

But somehow, quite mystifyingly, their relationship had been a rollercoaster ride to heaven and hell and back. It was odd how back in the past he have always imagined how well he would treat the so-called ‘dorky-ahjumma-kid-leader’ who has quite a lot of fans in Korea and overseas if ever he got a shot of being with her as someone special, someone she’ll love and be proud of, he had always told himself that he will take care of her and make her happy no matter what since she deserves it – all the human beings deserve to be happy but to Junhyung, he have always thought that in this life he only lives for an average span of 65 years, he wants to spend it with someone he admired, he wants to be the one who can make that significant girl complete even though he only saw her a couple of times in music shows whenever Xing would be there to perform, too. Did he just eat all those promises he made back when he was still this delusional kid way back when she debuted? Was it because he never really thought it would be hard and that things change?

He honestly never knew that this day will come to him, too. He never knew he’ll be with her and she’ll fall in love with him.

 He wanted to meet her sooner. He honestly wants to meet her now but he’s also doing something he needed to make a lot of time for because it’ll be to his and, mostly, the company’s demise. He’s an actor, too, after all. He actually didn’t know what ever came to his mind that he got himself into such a thing as this 12-episode Music Drama. It took a lot of time away from him – he had to compose songs more and it costs him a lot of brain cells being fried to death, his blood pressure goes up in frustration if ever he doesn’t know what beautiful word or note to put, his blood pressure goes down because of the lack of sleep and die continuously with each passing hour he used to spend with his girl.

“Twelve episodes take forever to film…” he murmurs to himself and paused for a bit; he seemed like a stone at the moment as he stared blankly at the empty music sheet. He had to finish everything now or else he wouldn’t have time to be with her.

“That’s right. I’m doing this for her.” Although he wasn’t sure if she will even give him the chance to even meet her.

Seconds turn to minutes too fast but he couldn’t believe that minutes turned to hours quite fast, too. He had rammed his head on the desk every other time that he couldn’t get a line right that he had to start from scratch again; discarded papers on the floor, left without a crease since he doesn’t like to waste paper thinking the imperfect ‘compositions’ can be put into good use again. He’s somehow considerate and only a few people know about it (he had to maintain an image of a nagger, which he really is, though).

He bit his lower lip and chewed on it for quite a while as he glanced back to his phone. And, to his luck, there weren’t any message from someone he expects to reply to his messages the past 2 days, 20 hours, 11 minutes and he lost count of the seconds. Hopeless, he released his lower lip with his teeth marks that showed little dots of crimson after a couple of seconds and hit his forehead exasperatedly on the wooden desk.

‘I am a moron.’ He thought to himself and leaned his cheek on the surface, facing his phone and stared at it for a while after he decided to pick it, unlock it and eye the inbox who only had recent messages of his high school friends, Yoseob, Yoseob, Yoseob, Kikwang, Kikwang, Dongwoon, Yoseob again, Doojoon, rants from Doojoon and unbelievably…

“Hyunseung?” he quirks a brow at the screen where it displayed a preview of Hyunseung’s message; which was really odd because Hyunseung is someone who liked to call because it would be really troublesome if he texts – he’s weird like that, or so the others say.

He opened the message, blinking a few times since his eyes are stinging from all the work he’s been trying to do but failed to do quite a few.

“It’s recent.” He says to himself since there isn’t really anyone in the room but him and maybe a couple of spirits which he obviously can’t talk to, since he doesn’t have the power, and dragged a palm down is face to at least ease the drowsiness he’s feeling at the moment, “Go out your rat hole excuse for a ‘composing room’ and see.” he reads the message, trying oh so desperately to mimic the 4D prince’s voice and, to no avail, failed by which he just shrugged off.

He actually wasn’t in the great mood these past days especially… well, you get the picture.

But his legs dragged him towards the door that only had this little glass so that people inside the room get enough privacy. But Junhyung thought that it just made him crazy.

“Oh, well. I need to smell fresh air and keep my brain healthy, anyway.” He mutters to himself and with a groan, he holds onto the knob and twists it open, with a click which meant it’s already unlocked, he pulls the door open, stepping to the side as he did so and blinked a couple of times at the sight of a very familiar pair of shoes.

His gaze looks up further to see a petite girl he couldn’t believe was in front of him right now. She had her fist up, looking up at him with her big, beady eyes; like she was just about to knock. He continued to gawk at her presence – was this what Hyunseung told him to see?

Because… Junhyung obviously loves her… in front of him. In front of what Hyunseung called to as a rat hole excuse for a composing room.

“Taeyeon…” he trails off, his voice was weak, eyes weary and wide but every cell in his body woke up because of her which he would always regard as his beautiful energizer; the only one.

She flashes him a quick smile before bending her knees to get a plastic bag on the floor but got stopped by Junhyung’s secure arms wrapping around her eagerly. He started chanting her name and thought to himself how stupid he looked doing so but not that he cared; he wanted to see her the past days and he never knew she would suddenly come to CUBE after a fight almost three days ago; which he thought would last a couple of weeks.

“Ya… it hurts.” She huffs, trying to push him away but her hands were still healing since she did cut herself deeper than she expected, “Junhyung. People might pass by.” She continues but the boy just didn’t budge which made her sigh.

He winces a bit with the last thing she said but he didn’t dare let her notice it since it was something they have fought about two months back. He wanted people to know. He wanted people to know he’s with her. It that she didn’t want to reveal their relationship to the public. He wanted people to know she’s just his and he’s just hers although the issue of him being a cheater in her eyes can never justify what he just thought that moment. So, for now, he stays still, he doesn’t care if people see. He’ll just explain and maybe it’ll be an opportunity for them to go public. In that way, he thinks, no other girl will try and get with him. But then again, why does he even hang out with them? It got him thinking again and he sighs.

Of course it’s because I don’t want to act rude around them.’ He said to himself – if only the girl heard what he’s been saying in his mind. He started nuzzling against the petite girl pressed against his chest. It wasn’t like he didn’t hang out with guys, too. And that in thought, he tried gathering up the courage to dare explain to her; if she believes him or not, he’ll still try.

They stayed like that for a while since Taeyeon didn’t really have the strength to push him away of even talk him out of his grasp. It got her the time to feel his heart beat against his chest, reverberating onto her ear since her cheek is pressed against his chest. And she had to admit she missed him. It was odd how she came here in the first place when a couple of hours ago she was too annoyed at how he had been texting her every other hour. It’s just too cute of him since she never saw him at this kind of state in the past. It annoyed her for not being too hard on him. She was supposed to make him miserable and give him the silent treatment and the cold shoulder but, she had to concede, she loves him. She loves him that she still had the guts to even show up in front of him in the place of his work which is the first time she have ever done so since she didn’t want to go public with him for reasons she and Sooyoung only knows.

And finally, he pulls away from her for who-knows-how-long. He awkwardly pulls away from her and fakes a cough, moving aside to let her inside the room which had scattered papers on the floor. Taeyeon smiles a bit at him and took the plastic bag, walking inside the room and eyed it with fascination. As Junhyung closed the door locked, she faces him, blinking, “You can’t compose well… you need it for work, right?”

Yes, she knows him well. It had just been three months and she knows him like the back of her palm. This was what made her special from everyone else Junhyung dated and he loves every bit of it – every bit of her.

“Yes. I was worried sick of you… of us…” he sighs, looking down to scratch the back of his head, “I know you’re mad at me for annoying you with my texts. But I honestly want to meet you.”

“I know.” She briefly said, “I’m supposed to still hate on you now but…”

He softens his face features, hoping that she’d continue.

“I really can’t. I can’t do it.” She whispers, looking on the floor; a bitter smile on her face as she kept on telling herself not to cry – but she did.

She hates crying because she’s hurt. She hates that she felt so weak and vulnerable, “I love you, Jaesoon.” She manages to whisper out, enough for Junhyung to catch. Her wide eyes beady with pooling tears that’s threatening to fall in any moment and it made him weak on the knees that kept on spreading all over his body.

He’s happy. He’s guilty. He’s sad. He’s mad: the emotions that mixed up were consuming him but it didn’t cease him to lift the girl’s chin and lock her lips with his in a tender kiss; a kiss that is honest, passionate and forgiving. Both never have thought – in the back of their minds – they wouldn’t have the opportunity to make up than break up.

“I love you… so much. You know it, right, Taeyeon?” he whispers right after they broke apart although their lips were still lingering with each other; just a mere nanometer apart. And the girl whom he sees his future in nodded and gave him a smile that he knows she meant; a smile that she only shows to him and he hopes that it will just be his smile – Taeyeon’s exclusive smile for Junhyung.

Taeyeon gently pulled away from Junhyung which got him alarmed. But when he saw that she held up the plastic bag she brought. He caught her giggling (by which she rarely does) and it made him chuckle for that reason.

“Did you make me this dinner?” he asked her before he took the plastic to the other table inside that room and curiously looked into the bag: a thermos and a big lunch box which he figured she prepared, “Woah! You really know how to capture my stomach!” he chides when he opened the thermos to see and smell the soup she always made him, “My favourite!”

She couldn’t help but continue giggling her heart out at how he acted; it felt like the days that they were happy – no fighting, no accusing – just pure love at its maximum cheesy level.

“Why…” she trails off silently which caught Junhyung’s attention, making him face her after he opened up the lunchbox filled with Korean meat and kimchi.

“Why... is it as easy as this to make up but still can’t stay happy?” he finishes what she’s about to say; and it shocked the girl on her tracks.

He knows.

“Taeyeon… I should expla---“

“Please! Don’t!”

He stops, wincing at the coldness and hurt in her words, “But… Taeyeon we need to—“

“Don’t you dare explain!” she shouts, biting her lip to try and not break down.

She admits that she didn’t want to know the truth although she was also considering that he will tell her that he’s actually still loving her as she is and he would promise his sweet ‘I’m yours’ to her. It complicated her – she didn’t want to know the truth.

“Just… eat.”

And so the day ended with a silent composition room with a boy who wrote sad songs in a whim.

 

 


I am sorry for this very late update.
I know you guys don't get this chapter.
But you guys will in the next ones!

I started my third year of college.
Am very busy.

//shot

I will be updating this fic only
[ in the mean time ]