007

Heart Is Still Warm

“Wake up, wake up!” Taeyeon’s voice could be heard ringing through the dorm.

 

“What’s the matter?” Yuri tiredly enquired while rubbing her eyes while exiting her room.

 

“Yoona’s gone!” Taeyeon exclaimed.

 

“Don’t tell me she couldn’t stand us and ran back home.” Sooyoung said without thinking.

 

“So you wake us all up because of this? What’s the time now? Oh well, like I care. Going back to sleep.. Wake me up when it’s lunchtime.” Jessica said as if nothing big happened and went back to her room.

 

Just then, Tiffany came out of her room and yelled at Taeyeon. “Yoona is still a high school student! Have you forgotten? Of course she went to school, babo! Seohyun went too, so don’t bother asking.” After that, she slammed her door.

 

“Oh right…” Taeyeon said embarrassedly. Since she had already wakened up, she went to prepare breakfast for the girls. As the pan were sizzling and the scent of food reached the rooms, one by one they came out of the room and went to wash up.

 

As she laid the omelettes on the small table, the members sat and ate at different times so that it would not be overcrowded at the small four-cornered square table.

 

Taeyeon ate her own portion and realised one of the members has not eaten yet. “Who haven’t eaten yet? I prepared 7 portions though.”

 

Yuri sighed and said, “Jessica. She won’t be eating breakfast, Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon had a dumbfounded face and said, “What, she wake up during lunchtime?”

 

Yuri nodded and went back into her room to do her own things.

 

Sooyoung grabbed the plate of omelette and cheered, “It’s alright Taeyeon! I will eat it so it will not be wasted.” She winked and left to the living room.

 

All the members mostly spent their time in their own rooms, occupied with thoughts and sadness. However Sunny played her Nintendo DS all day long until the return of Yoona and Seohyun from school.

 

The day was gone and the night came quickly without them realising. And again, after dinner, the honest talk session was on.

 

“Tomorrow is the day we start to practice really hard for our debut. I wonder what our debut song will be.” Tiffany started.

 

“I hope the dance moves are not too difficult.” Yuri joined in.

 

“We should dance in-sync and match our every move.” Sooyoung suggested.

 

“We will be recording the song first right?” Seohyun asked, unsure of the procedure.

 

“We have a chance to practice with the demo song first then we practice singing and dancing alternatively until the recording of the song then the music video.” Taeyeon explained.

 

“I wonder when we will start our first mission! I’m so excited and ready to kick some !” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Please use proper language, Hyoyeon unnie.” Seohyun gently said.

 

“Oh right, I’m so excited and ready to exterminate those badass!” Hyoyeon corrected.

 

Seohyun looked at Hyoyeon and was just about to speak when Jessica interrupted with her laughter.

 

“Ahhahaha!” Jessica laughed. The others just looked at her with those what-is-so-funny look. “Isn’t it funny? Badass..” Jessica laughed again, leaving the others clueless.

 

“Anyway, I hope there aren’t that many bad guys out there so that we get to rest every now and then.” Sunny said.

 

“Agreed. SM didn’t recruit us for nothing. Will we get those cool gadgets we see in movies?” Yoona joined in.

 

The talk session went quite long into the night as they chatted excitedly and know more of each other.

 

At long last, their conversation ended and once again, Jessica rushed to the toilet so that she could brush her teeth first and sleep without having to queue for the other girls.

 

*The next day*

 

Everyone awake by their own, even Jessica as they were too excited for the day of their practice. All the members were queuing up at the bathroom and then were just the time for Jessica to know of their Rock-Paper-Scissors system to decide who go first.

 

After all of them were done, they all chatted while walking side by side to the company. Since the company was just nearby, they just have to walk for 10 minutes over there.

 

The dance instructor was already there waiting for them as they stepped in the practice room for their first dance practice for their very first debut.

 

The dance instructor was wearing a black singlet showing his limbs and tracksuits, topping with a grey cap. He wasted no time at all and began the briefing. “Girls, I am Mr Park, your dance instructor for your debut song, “Into the New World”. Even though the time for you all to master the dance is a year, I do not expect you all to slack off and laze around. After you start the dance practice later on, you girls will know that a year is not a long time and just sufficient enough for you girls to master it.”

 

His stern gaze swept around the room, as he said, “Alright, now, put down your things and join me at the center of the room.”

 

The girls wasted no time and quickly put down their belongings at the side of the room and went back to Mr Park.

 

Mr Park nodded and played the music once for them to get a sense of the rhythm and the groove of the song before carrying on.

 

The girls were amazed as they could sense this was a powerful song with powerful vocals. Indeed, it will take a long time to muster the dance moves.

 

Without further ado, Mr Park asked the girls to get up from the floor and began teaching them the dance moves. “1, 2, 3, 4. Do it like this. Yes, Hyoyeon, you did it perfectly.” “Hey Tiffany! You went the wrong way!”

 

After hours of practicing, their dance practice session ended and they somehow was still quite energetic and enthusiastic to carry on their practice. All except, yes, you don’t have to guess. Jessica marched to the air-conditioner and put her arms over it; letting the cold wind blow her body, or more specifically, her armpits.

 

Sooyoung dance for a few more moves before announcing, “Let’s go eat something! I’m hungry!” Yoona joined in immediately, saying “Me too!” Taeyeon shook her head and sighed, “By something, you two meant everything.”

 

They all went ahead and left Tiffany behind who insisted on practicing the dance move she keep getting wrong. “Aish…” she spat to the mirror in front of her. “Why can’t it be to this direction instead? It’s hard to make it stick inside my head. Gosh..”

 

As the other members were eating their lunch, they were gossiping about the dance teacher, Mr. Park. “Do you girls think he is handsome?” Sooyoung asked initially, and since there were a lot of people, their conversation seems to never stop.

 

After they paid for their lunch, kind Taeyeon ordered a take-away food for Tiffany before they went back to the practice room.

 

The other girls rested around the floor, gathering their energy before continuing another session of dancing.

 

Taeyeon quietly approached Tiffany, who was thirstily swallowing gulps of water down . “Tiffany, you must be hungry, here. It’s bibimbap (Korean mixed rice).” With that, she walked away towards her belongings and checked her phone.

 

Tiffany quietly ate her lunch without questioning Taeyeon as she was famished.

 

When everyone finished their rest, they started practicing again into the night. It was tiring, but they didn’t complain. They felt that this was their responsibility; a responsibility to make their debut memorable and stand out so that they could one day stand on a world stage, spreading their music to prevent people from taking a wrong path. Music was something that could surpass language barriers and could send messages clearly.

 

Until everyone was nearly to the point of exhaustion, they agreed to go back to their dorms and rest. Again, they held their honest talk session. But since they were tired, the session merely lasted 5 minutes and they went off to bed after washing up.

 

Their lives went on, with some of the members continuing their studies while the others continued their dorm life, keeping in close contact with their family until before their showcase.

 

-END-