CHAPTER4: Nightmare

Variety to Reality

Fort that night, Raenie slept on Daesung’s room while the others stayed up for their secret meeting wondering what the hell happened to their perfect plan?

“Hyung! What if Daesung-hyung is just playing with us?” the ever susceptive maknae exclaimed in their secret meeting. (of course it has to be secret because of Daesung.) and the others readily agreed to follow him. (Guys! Why can’t you just believe that Dae already got a girl huh!)

The following day…

Daesung got up early and dressed up. He went to his room and woke Raenie up. Seeing the peacefully sleeping girl, he can’t help it but admire her for awhile.

“I did not notice this yesterday…” Daesung stared at Raenie. Suddenly, the girl’s eyes fluttered open staring directly at him.

“Ow…I just wanted t-t-to wake you up Raenie…” Daesung said in shock. Raenie rubbed her eyes awake while yawning. *How cute! Daesung squealed inside himself.

“Ahm you remember the plan right?” Daesung asked her in a whisper.

Raenie leaned closer to Dae and whispered back in his ear sending goose bumps all over the guy’s body. “Yes… Chagi…” she whispered seductively and planted a quick kiss on his cheeks, which turned to a deep crimson color.

What Daesung did not know is that the other members were taking a peek at them that is the reason why Raenie did that.

They still continued on spying on them throughout breakfast and said different weird excuses to go out ahead of them. When they were gone, Raenie and Dae went out too.

“You know what? The other members started spying at us since this morning.” Raenie linked arms with Dae and leaned her shoulders on his broad shoulders.

‘R-r-really?” Daesung stammered managing a smile. She is still not used to this skin ship though he started the idea of it.

“Are you not feeling comfortable with this?” Raenie asked cutely as she hesitantly let go of Daesung’s arm. The cameraman still following them. (Actually  they have bribed that cameraman back for the show they were putting on. Hehe)

“No. Not Really. Uhm… How about we change that dress of yours?” he asked with a smile.

“Eh?”

“I mean let’s shop you a dress.” Daesung said shyly.

Raenie looked down at her white dress, which was actually her sleeping dress. She smiled sweetly at Dae and nodded. This time, Dae took the initiative to hold her hand.

For the whole day, Raenie and Dae did fun things together and enjoyed their time while the other members are starting to sulk every time they see the two.

“It seems like our suspicions were wrong.” Ji said.

“Yeah. I think that is really his wife don’t you think?” Tae seconded.

“But it is really doubtful! Dae? Girl? Wife?” he exclaimed with his hands flying around for the much needed emphasis! But in the end, they just quietly nwaited for the two to return.

Meanwhile, back to Dae and Raenie…

“Daesung-shi?” Raenie called Dae while they were sitting on the swings at the now empty playground. Just the two of them.

“Hmm?” Daesung replied while looking at the starry night.

“You know that this day will end, right?” a hint of loneliness on her voice.

But Daesung knew this very well… sadness enveloped his face. “Hmmm…”

“Dae? I really enjoyed your company.” She reached for his hand and looked at the sky.

Dae was surprised by this action but kept quiet. She looked at the girl beside him.

“Is this real?” he mindlessly uttered.

Raenie chuckled at his remark.

“Dae?”

“Hmm?”

“Can you close your eyes for a while?”

“What for?”

“Just a gift of gratitude.”

“ok…” he followed what she said.

Dae slowly closed his eyes. Then he felt something soft against his lips. He tried to open his eyes but he felt his own hand covering them.

“Don’t open them.” Raenie’s soft voice echoed in his ears.

He obeyed. With his eyes closed, his hand still covering them while Raenie held onto his wrist. He felt once again something soft against his lips and this time he knew it very well. His lips started to move together with Raenie’s in sync, like a perfect duet love song.

He felt wetness dampen his cheeks as Raenie pulled away…

“Thank you…”

“and Goodbye…”

Those were Raenie’s last words that echoed throughout Daesung’s ears.

He, sitting at a swing, his hands still covering his eyes. A sparkle of tear escaped her eyes and trickled down her face. He is now crying…

…ALONE.