CHAPTER1: Fact/ Fiction

Variety to Reality

 

A camera followed Daesung as soon as he got out of the apartment he was living in. The camera man handed him a pink envelope.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Mission Card.” The camera man simply replied.

Daesung received the pink envelop and looked at it with curiosity. There was nothing printed on it. Which means the only way to unveil the secret it holds is to open it. The cameraman zoomed in to Daesung’s face.

“You also have to film me?” Daesung asked and the cameraman nodded.

*Wait! Is this an ambush interview or variety show? Daesung panicked.

He wasn’t informed about this. He quickly whipped out his phone and dialed his manager’s number.

“Hyung?! I’m in an emergency situation!” Daesung shouted on the phone’s receiver.

The manager on the other line moved the phone away from his ears. Then as if everything’s normal, he calmly talked to Daesung.

“Oh! Daesung-ah? Have you started filming already?”

“Filming?” Daesung was stunned.

“Yeah! You were supposed to film for a reality show starting today.”

“Reality? Today?” Daesung was dumbfounded.

“Yeah! I texted you this morning. I even told you before you go home after the show.” His manager stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Text?  Morning?” He tried to remember whatever happened to him after the show. He remembered his manager calling out to him before he disappeared into the car. He was really tired because their recent show had finished at about 2 in the morning already. He also did remember that he got a message just before he got to bed at about half past two. Flashbacks, flashbacks and even more flashbacks as he suddenly remembered YG talking about experimenting on reality shows.

*Experiment? I guess I’m the guinea pig right? Daesung thought.

He quickly ended the phone call with his manager and searched on his received messages log. Sure enough, there was still the unopened message quietly waiting to deliver to him a sudden blow.

Fr. Manager Hyung

                Daesung-ah! Congratulations! It has been confirmed! You have been casted on a reality MATCH- MAKING show! <3 <3 <3

 

Daesung opened the pink envelop next. And the words flashed before his eyes like a giant banner and he couldn’t just think straight if this is fact or fiction.

 

“DAESUNG-SHI! CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING MARRIED!”