The Haunting Memories of Him

One Spring Day

Jessica limped,walking in the large house as the maids greeted her. Her face looked so exhausted.That night surely took up her energy a lot.

            “Ms.Jung.. are you okay?” a concern voice from the one of the maids asked her

            “I’m okay. Just need some rest.” Jessica replied, didnt want making anyone worries.

            She pulled the key out of her bag and unlocked the door. As she reached near bed, she immediately threw her body that she felt very heavy to the bed. She looked at her room’s ceiling then closed her eyes, hoping to sleep, recharging her energy but some minutes had passed yet closing her eyes didnt bring her to sleep.

            The scenes she played with everyone called Kris keep replaying in her head. Those lovers lines he said... Those warm eyes stare... Those soft touches... Those feels of people have when they’re with their lover... All were re-played by him that night. She still could feel the touch of him on her shoulders and the warm breath he gave when  he was only a few inch from her face. She knew well it was all scripted but half of her want to believe it was real as she had forgotten how it feels after someone she believed her true love damped her and left her in endless heartache.

            She snapped out.

            “It’s all just scripted, Jess. Why do you bother yourself to think about it?! Geez..” she kicked her legs in the air “And that past of yours...It’s mere a past.” She stopped kicking then the forming tears she held for so long finally burst out and rolled on her rosy cheeks.

            One day one night as what Yoona had said was passed. Jessica worried in her class as she forgot about Mr. Soo Man’s assignment. She couldn’t help but clasping her hands,praying hardly for Mr. Soo Man to forget about that assignment but then she realized that her friends wouldnt let that be happened. They will remind him about the assignment. It’s not a high school anymore,Jess. It’s a college.The place where you should being serious with your study.

            She cursed herself for being slobbish. She couldnt blame anyone except her.

            “Hey.. What’s wrong?” Luhan came by,put his bag on to the table,and noticed her worrying face.

            “Erm..Nothing” She closed her laptop automatically. She’s that kind of girl. Not letting anyone to worrying over her. She better kept it for herself.

            Luhan noticed the problem she was having right after that. Then he rummaged his bag and pulled out the paper.

            “This. I heard you attempted an acting scene. I thought you will be tired and have no time to do this task.” He flashed a smile after giving the paper to Jessica.

            “Luhan-ah..”

            Jessica hesitantly accepted the paper. “How should I thank you for this..”

            Luhan chuckled. “ Hey, who do you think I am? I’m your friend,okay? This thing isnt a big deal.”          

            “Thank you,Luhan. I owe you a lot.”

            “That’s what friend for.” He passed a smile. Just then the time passed with silence till Luhan opened his mouth again to say something.

            “Jess... You okay?”

            Jessica’s attention was shifted from the paper to Luhan’s words. She knew it all was not about the assignment anymore. She could tell it from Luhan’s eyes that gazed deeply in hers as he was waiting for her answer.

            Her heart was crying if she was not okay but her brain spoke first.

            “Of course I’m. I’m not a little girl anymore.” She faked a smile. Deep in his heart he knew she was not well.

            “Don’t force yourself.” Luhan said softly,as he patted her head then exited the class.

            “Luhan.. You know me so well just like an opened book.” She whispered as she saw him dissapeared slowly.

          [ Luhan’s POV ]

            I know her so well just like an opened book. Yeah that must be it. It’s the suitable sentence for me. She is the one I know when we have no idea what world is. She is my childhood friend. She is my little girl...

            She is my first love.

            But 16 years together with her doesnt make her mine. me and my egoistic mind! I just cant stop this growing feelings. I just cant accept the fact that she only consider me as his childhood friend..as his brother...as his hangout friend...Can she see me as a man? It was the question I always wanted to ask but stuck in my throat.

            The time passed by and when I had that little courage to speak up, a man came up and shattered my little courage and that meant destroyed my chance. And there I was. Just kept silent and saw her with another man for away. As long as she was happy,I was happy too. That was why I only could stay still in my place.Protecting her inside my line;a friendship line. Friend. Yes. It’s life not a fairy tale nor a happy ending story author usually writes.It’s the life that destiny play around with you.You cant always get what you want.You can just do what you want and pray for the best.

            Nothing lasts forever. That man who stole my little girl;my first love;my bestfriend’s heart proved that saying; slowly disappeared. It killed her. But without knowing,it killed me to. It killed me when I see her hurt;when I see that hopeless face like Dementor has her soul;when I see sorrow in her should be a happy face..It killed me worse.

            And now I’m here with her still as a bestfriend..Waiting her wet wound to be completely healed..Waiting and protecting are my 2 things I can do now.

        [ End of Luhan’s POV ]

            Narrator’s POV

            Luhan washed his face to make him stay awake as he didnt get enough sleep last night. He went back to his class when suddenly his eyes were on a large group surrounded in a distorted circle near a music-class. And when he focused his eyes to the centre of the group,he saw that arrogant face of a guy around his age;in around 20th surrounded by girls. He zoomed his eyes again and got the answer;Kris. Almost all of the students;esp girls know him because he was the model and an ulzzang in Hanyang University but different story for Luhan. He knew him as he was someone he know in the past...

            “Wow It’s a big step,Kris. You filmed an MV.Just wow.” Shouted a girl in high-pitched voice. The boy she talked to just shrugging his head and tried to escape from those girls.

            “Lemme through please.I have class in 5 minutes.” Kris notified with his plain tone but the girls wont let him to. They kept surrounding him.

            “Wait wait wait ! Was your partner a girl from this school? I heard she was from Economy Faculty..What’s her name again?” the same girl with before spoke up,stopped Kris from escaping the crowd.

            Then the girl beside her answer as no one was answering that made both Luhan and Kris’s steps in a halt “Is her name Jessica?”

            Luhan’s eyes widened so did Kris’.

            “Jessica? Is it her name?” Kris spoke in his thought;still disbelief while his body was stoned amongst the sea of woman.

           

            The first class had ended. Jessica,Yoona and Luhan headed off to the canteen.

            “Aah..Mr.Soo Man’s class always this tiring” Yoona stretched her hands while groaning as she felt her hands were stiffened from writing.

            Just then they arrived at the canteen;ordering their menu.

            As expected from an Economy students, Luhan and Yoona were arguing about the lesson they got before. These two were always like that;like fire and water;always have the different opinion and Jessica would always be the mediator of them. But to their surprise, as the discussion were getting longer, Jessica didnt even give attention to them though she usually was very interested to economic things.Her eyes gaze were so blank and she said nothing from the start of the break.

            “Guys..I think I need to wash my face.” Jessica stood up and made her way to the washroom.

            Yoona and Luhan nodded.

            “It’s my fault..I shouldnt let her go to my shooting location and let her play the role..” Yoona blamed herself while she was playing her food.

            “It’s not your fault. She just need some time alone.” Luhan said as he patted Yoona’s shoulder but still;his eyes looked so concerned.Worry was drawn in his face.

           

            Jessica deepened her face to the wash sink after her face with the water in the purpose to wash away the memories that she had recalled from the first class she had. She thought if she went to the school and get her busied with school things she would automatically forget him but to her surprise, the memories they had in their high school were echoing in her mind.  When they had their lovey dovey in the school and when she got treated specially by him in the school. Those all were replayed in her head unstoppable.

            She washed her face with the water again and again.

            Forget him,Jessica. Forget him.Forget him. She planted that words to her mind continually.

           

            “Sica-ya~ Mian I have something to do with movie club this evening so we should cancel our plan to go to book-store.” Yoona pleaded as the school had ended.

            “No problem. We still have tomorrow.” Jessica reassured her.

            With that,Jessica went home with Luhan. That made Luhan and Yoona her friend; their home were closeby.Taking bus or taxi were their only way to get home as she refused her dad’s offer to hire a driver for her. She was that kind of person. She didnt like showing off her richness and that blink blink life style.

            After about 7 minute waiting, the bus they had been waiting arrived. Luhan made himself behind Jessica and watching every single step she made.And when he saw the large group of people inside the bus, he volunteered himself to be ahead of her. He squeezed through the crowd and made Jessica a way. After seeing her got a seat, he breathed in relief.

            They stood in the bus as there was no vacant seat.As the minutes passed, one by one the passengers began to drop by,let the two to sit on the back seat row. Jessica gazed the eyes to the outside;seeing the sign of sunset and Luhan just couldnt diverted his attention to another thing except Jessica. Whatever he did, he always glanced at her in the end. It happened for the nth time without Jessica even realizing as her mind was on the days when she and her ex were together.

            The days getting darker but their destination was still in halfway to go. Jessica’s head seemed very heavy as she kept tossing her head to the window-glass unconsciously and later she was fallen asleep. Luhan,who couldnt stand seeing her head leaned on the hard glass,gathered his bravery to take her head to his shoulder;let her deeply slept in his warm shoulder. And because of that, Luhan hardly could blink his eyes. He could feel his heart racing faster and all of his fine hair stood up. Not enough, he even could feel the sick feeling growing in his stomach. Sighing, he cursed himself mentally.

            “My mistake for letting her sleep in my shoulder.” Luhan said while he tried to not look at Jessica’s face.

            While he was calming his disobedient heart from beating faster, his eyes widened open when he heard a soft voice of a girl who was leaning on his shoulder;deeply fallen asleep.

            “Kwon Jiyong...Please dont leave me...”

Updated!

Non-SM character is okay right? I ever heard news from falcongirl that Jessica and him were once issued dating so yeah I take him as the ex ^^
Comments and Subscribes are beloved! ^^ <3

Sorry for any typos and grammar errors~ Anticipate the next chappies~ :3