Friend or just makeup artist?

Searching For My Juliette

Jonghyun immediately headed back to SHINee's dorm. He slammed the door behind him and slid down to the floor. His heated cheeks could still be felt and his heart was beating like none of their rehearsals could cause. He swallowed the lump in his throat and walked into the kitchen to see everyone eating happily. Jonghyun decided to throw himself on the couch and permitted his mind to drift away from reality.

 

"BOO!"

 

Key hovered his face over Jonghyun's, scaring the dazed latter. He fell off the couch, causing Key to burst out laughing. Jonghyun huffed and struck the younger one in that area, making him fall to the floor. "Aigoo Jonghyun-ah, you crushed his balls", Onew pouted as he peered over the chicken thigh in his hand.

 

"He doesn't have any balls", the irritated one shot back as he stomped to his room. The members looked at each other and then returned to eating, leaving the pained Key on the floor holding on to his weak spot.

 

Jonghyun laid down on his bed and placed his arms behind his head as he stared at the ceiling. He thought back to the encounter earlier and couldn't help the giddiness in him. A smile slowly spread on his face as he thought back to what Amber said. 'Our new makeup artist, huh..'

--

SHINee and various artists were backstage, getting ready for their performances on Music Bank. Jonghyun peered over to a corner where he saw Su Hae finished up Taeyeon's makeup. She dropped the brush and eyeshadow palette on the vanity and gave a full bow to SNSD. They giggled at her formalty. "Su Hae-sshi, we should be the ones thanking you instead", Hyoyeon insisted as the nine girls bowed and chanted a 'kamsahamnida' to the newbie. Su Hae smiled and waved goodbye before rushing over to SHINee's corner. Minho put down his PSP and gazed at the new girl. He pushed Jonghyun off his seat and sat in it, flashing an innocent smile at her. "Hi, the name's Minho", he whispered. "SHINee's flaming charisma", he added with a wink. She giggled and started powdering his face with foundation. "Hi, I'm Su Hae. Nice to meet you, Minho-sshi."

 

"How old are you, my dear?"

 

Su Hae took a pause to chuckle at his bold attitude. "I'm 19, Mr.Flaming Charisma."

 

"Birthday?"

 

"December 15", she replied as she finished his makeup and ushered him out of the seat.

 

"Yah, I'm your oppa by 6 days~", he happily announced. She wrinkled her nose up. "Just remember, I'm your makeup artist. Not your best friend", she said as Key sat down on the seat. Jonghyun was sitting on the couch with his arms crossed and his face equipped with a pout. He enviously watched as each of the members flirted with the animated girl. Her statement to Minho about only being their makeup artist slightly disappointed him but he hopes to change it himself. Su Hae landed her eyes on Jonghyun, making him blush at the abrupt stare. She motioned him to come over and he cautiously approached the seat, hoping not to trip or embarrass himself.

 

"Ah, Jonghyun-sshi", Su Hae's gentle voice rang through his ears and he responded with a dreamy sigh. She began his makeup but focused her eyes on the makeup, not looking at Jonghyun at all. Somehow, his presence sort of scares her but she had no option to run now that she was hired to be a part of SHINee's career. The rushing girl finished off Jonghyun's makeup and took a look at each of the member's faces. In a way, she did Jonghyun's the best despite the rush so that he would leave. Su Hae fixed the makeup palettes and brushes grappled throughout the room. She turned around to see that Jonghyun was still there. "Um, Jonghyun-sshi, what do you need?"

 

"Were you serious when you said you don't want to be our best friend?", he questioned curiously. He could see that she was nervous so he inched back and left her some space. She shrugged. "I'm just a temporary makeup artist. For all I know, I could work for someone in the next week or so. It depends on Soo Man-sshi. Why?"

 

Jonghyun attempted to make up a lousy excuse just so she could cease her questioning in suspicion. "Because you seem really sweet and friendly", he said. She blushed at his comment and her lips curved into a small smile. "Thank you. Maybe we can become friends, maybe we work best with you as the artist and me doing your makeup. Who knows? Only time can tell. Anyways, you better hurry up cuz your performance is nearing." She gathered belongings, leaving Jonghyun slightly disappointed at her comment. He turned around and slowly walked away until his heart skipped a beat at her voice calling his name. He halted in his tracks and turned his head to the side to hear what she has to say.

 

"I'll be out in the front row watching you. Hwaiting~"

 

Her smile could still be fully visible, even through the corners of his eyes. He nodded and walked out on stage. He couldn't wait for his main inspiration to cheer him on.