It Started With 'Truth Or Dare'

Searching For My Juliette

Jonghyun was on facebook, glancing over each member's profiles. He grunted at each of their relationship statuses.

 

Lee Jinki is in a relationship with Han SeungYeon.

Lee Taemin is in a relationship with Choi JinRi.

Kim Kibum is in a relationship with Liu Amber.

Choi Minho is in a relationship with Goo Hara.

 

And then Jonghyun looked at his own status.

 

Kim Jonghyun is single.

 

He exhaled a sigh as he shut his laptop and travelled up to his room. Onew stopped him on the way. "Yo Jonghyun, where you heading?"

 

"My room", he bluntly replied as he shut the door behind him. Onew stared at the door and pouted. 'Aish, he's still mad about being single..'

 

After a short nap, Jonghyun was awoken by Key's annoying voice.

 

"JJONG YEOBO! DINNER IS READY!"

 

Jonghyun groaned and tossed himself off his bed. He grimaced as he rubbed his neck and slipped his feet into his slippers. 'He still has the nerve to call me his yeobo..' He made his pace downstairs and took a seat at the dinner table. Key placed the food down and they all dug in, leaving Jonghyun in a slow rush. He didn't really feel like eating but he didn't feel like dealing with Key's "DO YOU NOT LIKE IT?!" fit either so he shoved some food in his mouth and swallowed it. After taking a few more bites, he scarfed down some water and placed his dish in the sink. The other members rushed to finish and carelessly tossed the dishes into the sink as Taemin grabbed Jonghyun's wrist. He turned around to find the pouting maknae on his knees in front of him. "Jjongie hyunggg, stay down here for a little game with us~", he pleaded with his best aegyo expression. Jonghyun glanced down at him and then peered at the other members. "Sure, whatever." Taemin pulled him down in their circle. "So who starts?", the dull boy asked. Onew shot his hand up and they gave him the hit. "Taemin, truth or dare?"

 

"Truth...", the youngest one hesitantly replied.

 

"Do you still wet your bed, dearest maknae?", the leader asked with a cynical smirk. Taemin threw his slipper at him. "YAH! HELL NO!" Onew rubbed his head and threw the slipper back, hitting the wall.

 

The boring session continued on, making Jonghyun lag to sleep. As his eyes began to droop, Taemin gave him a hard pat on the shoulder, waking him up. Jonghyun stirred awake and stared at the boy with arid eyes. "Truth or dare, hyung?", Taemin beamed as he smiled right in the boy's face. Jonghyun pushed his face away, making him pout. "Dare", Jonghyun aimlessly replied. Taemin had already planned a perfect dare for his exhausted hyung. "I dare you to get a girlfriend by the end of this month", he boldly stated. His dare made Jonghyun's eyes widen, as well as the other's. Jonghyun stared in bewilderment. "MAKNAE, YOU ARE INSANE!"

 

Taemin shrugged. "You're Kim Jonghyun. You'll get many girls."

 

"I don't care about that! I'm just putting my career-"

 

"Hyung, just admit you're enraged about being the only single SHINee member", Minho cut him off. Jonghyun sighed and looked away. "Whatever. It's hard to find a girl who will truly like me as a person. I don't want to be a girl's SHINee's Kim Jonghyun as a boyfriend. I want to be a girl's Kim Jonghyun."

 

Key sniffled and faked a cry, causing himself to have pillows thrown at him.

--

The next day, Jonghyun woke up early due to the heavy amount of sleep the previous night. For once, Key's bed-vibrating snores didn't bother him. The revived boy slipped into his jacket and hat and took the elevator down to the lobby. He walked through and headed straight for the SM Cafe. As he set foot in the enormous space, the place was rustling with his labelmates and staff members. He saw Luna walk by stumbling with the few coffee cups in her hands. "Hey Luna!", he greeted, almost making her drop the items. She quickly fixed herself and waved. "Hi Jonghyun oppa! Gotta run!", she bid goodbye as she tripped on the way out. He chuckled to himself. 'Reminds me of Onew hyung... They would make a wonderful couple though...' A cashier motioned Jonghyun over and he approached the counter. "Morning Jonghyun", she greeted with a smile.

 

"Morning HyoYoung", he greeted back as he stared at the menu.

 

"What would you like?"

 

"A Vienna Coffee and a vanilla creamed donut, please."

 

"It'll be on its way~"

 

Jonghyun sat down at a table to wait for his order when an unfamiliar girl walked by. Her aromatic fragrance and silky flowing hair almost knocked the boy out of his chair. He stared at her back and gaped when she turned her head. It was almost as if she had cast him into some sort of spell. Her pacing around the area made it seem like she's looking for someone. As she walks by Jonghyun again, she accidently trips on his foot and soared onto the ground. She felt her weight lifted and she opened her eyes to see that she was caught in Jonghyun's arms. They blushed and quickly broke apart. The girl bowed a full 90 degree angle to avoid revealing her tomato-stained face. "K-kamsahamnida, Jonghyun-sshi..", she inaudibly mumbled. She escaped her bow and resisted in breaking their eye contact to show her sincerety. His eyes refused to blink as he traced her every feature. "I-it's alright...", he reassured. She nodded once more before walking away. He refused to let her leave so he took a grasp at her wrist and gently pulled her back. "Wait."

 

She looked at him. "Hm?"

 

"What's your name?"

 

"Kang Su Hae."

 

"You don't seem familiar around here. Are you new?"

 

Su Hae nodded and took a speedy skim around the crowd again before returning to Jonghyun. "I'm looking for a friend of mine and I can't seem to find her..." She exhaled and pouted. "Who's your friend? Maybe I can help you find her", Jonghyun generously offered. She smiled and accepted. "Her name is Amber Liu...?"

 

Jonghyun looked around and immediately spotted the tomboy in a far corner with her eyes hidden under her hat. He pointed in the direction and Su Hae gladly thanked him before inching closer to Amber.

 

"Jonghyun!"

 

He turned around and saw that his order was all ready on the counter for him. He approached it and grabbed his order before heading to a table where there was a view of Su Hae. When she left, Jonghyun finished his coffee and trashed the plastic cup before heading over to Amber. She looked up and gave him a blank look. "What do you need?", she coldly questioned his presence.

 

"Who was that?"

 

His curious derogatory statement made her eye him in suspicion. "Why?'

 

"She's.. wow..", he attempted to describe his impression of Su Hae.

 

Amber stood up and pushed her seat in. "Her name is Kang Su Hae. Does her surname ring a bell?"

 

Jonghyun looked at the ceiling, going into thinking mode. Amber eerily stared at him until he finally looked at her again. "She's related to KARA's Jiyoung?!"

 

"That's right. She's Jiyoung's unnie but she is currently a new makeup artist for SNSD and SHINee."

 

Amber sped out the door before Jonghyun could ask any further questions about the girl who swept him out of his seat.