Heart broken betrayal

Our Invisible Wall

He loved Reita with all his heart. But unlike him, Reita was completely ‘straight’ and was so very much interested in women; clearly proven by his extensive list of ex-girlfriends and constant love confessions. Kai on the other hand was completely the opposite, with no dating experience and never once receiving a love letter or confession he was completely inexperienced in the art of dating. Hell he had never, not even once, confessed to anyone before and now he was so close to.

If anything he had to, or else he’d just have to sit and wait till Reita got a new girlfriend and then himself indulge in self-loathing awesomeness because we all love self-loathing.

Kai glanced at the clock that hung on the back door (Kai often wondered who’s bright idea it was to hang it there) for the umpteenth time. Soccer practice ended a little over thirty minutes ago and Reita was due back any minute now.

With a deep frustrated sigh Kai let’s himself fall back onto his bed as he waits. In an attempt to distract his mind he ponders on the thought of what his other friends are up to. Ruki was most likely studding like the little book worm he was. Uruha, more likely than not, was with Aoi his long time not so secret crush while Miyavi was most likely try to find new ways of getting in trouble.

“Oi, Kai, what are you doing,” Reita gave Kai a very questionable look. Apparently Reita had been asking him questions ever since he had gotten back about ten minutes to be exact and Kai was off in lala land the whole time.

“Oh, Reita, you’re back. Welcome back,” a giant goofy grin plastered upon his face.

“Uh, yeah . . .” Reita replied still giving Kai a questionable look as he plopped down on his own bed.

Kai followed Reita’s eyes, apparently he was so lost in thought that he hadn’t even noticed the fact that he laying half on the floor and half on the bed. His head was at a weird angle on the floor and his limbs were every which way.

Kai flipped himself so that he was now sitting legs crossed on the floor. As soon as his eyes landed on Reita, he became nervous and extremely flustered.

“Reita, I-I have something to t-tell you,” Kai automatically starts to fidget and he looks down and begins to play with his fingers. Anyone who knew Kai well enough would know that his behavior was way off but not Reita, clearly Reita didn't, most of the time Reita was too preoccupied with himself to even notice.  This time it didn’t seem to be any different, Reita was once again too preoccupied with his own matters to actually take notice of Kai’s strange behaviors and movements. “I-I. . .”

“Wait, hold on, before that I have some pretty cool news,” Reita is clearly way too excited, completely ignoring Kai’s comment.

“O-oh, okay,” he stutters out slightly upset, “w-what is it?” deep down in the pit of his stomach Kai knows very well what is to happen next. He knows it’s the truth no matter how much he wants to deny it.

“I got a new girl,” Reita seams overly excited, happier than Kai has ever seen him and he hates it. “She’s really pretty and . . .” Reita’s words are like poison to Kai, so much that Kai becomes numb; no longer being able to comprehend the words that escape Reita’s lips. That is until that traitorous name comes, ‘Hana’

Hana, the girl in his class, the one that sat right next to him. Really, the girl that became one of his closest allies in the task conquering of Reita’s heart? He couldn't help but feel completely betrayed, stabbed in the back.

Kai didn't know if the pain of betrayal was worse than the pain of rejection but what he did know was that he hated this pain the pain that left him feeling bitter and hurt.

“So, what did you want to tell me?” Reita asks completely oblivious to the fact that Kai’s breathing pattern is rapid almost as if he is drowning. 

Reita’s unexpected question brings Kai, if only for a brief moment before he begins to shake his head frivolously as he stands up and backs away from where Reita is. He can feel his eyes start to burn as his eye sight becomes blurry.

He continues to shake his head as he looks down at his hands that have now seemed to have latched themselves onto the bottom of his shirt, the grip is so tight that his knuckles start turning white.

“N-no, i-it was nothing.” His voice trembles out of his quivering lips, “I-I’m so h-happy for you, congratulations.” Kai forces a smile as he finally looks up at Reita, his eyes blinded by tears yet he refuses to let them fall. “I h-have something I have to do.”

Reita reaches out to Kai but it seems that it is already too late. Before Reita could even process it, Kai is already long gone.

----- 

Alright First chapter done tell us what you think 

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*