Conversation

Pinch Of Salt

 

After a 15 minutes bus ride from the shopping mall, the tension started to form within me. Timidly, I pressed the door bell, ding dong. 

In front of us, was not just a door, the person behind the door can make a huge impact to my mood for the rest of the night. The door slowly opened, in front of us, a smiley guy, Bang Yong Guk. 

I didn't dare to have eye contact. 

"Let's go in." JongUp nudged me. 

"Ouh. Oh." I noddded and smiled back. As I passed Yong Guk. 

"SooHee." I stopped as I almost bumped into someone, facing his chest, I slowly looked up. "SooHee, you came.." Daehyun gladly smiled. 

I nodded multiple times and then smiled stiffly. Awkwardness creeped in. 

"Kids, time for dinner~" That Himchan guy stood up with a folded magazine and said. "Daehyun go help with the preparation, I will get them settled."

Daehyun stared at me and nodded to Himchan. 

We all got settle down at a 8 seater dining table, Hana-Unnie, Junhong, YoungJae sat on one side. I was sitting at the other side with JongUp and Himchan. Daehyun came out with dishes and then he stood still, not knowing where to go. And then he eyed the empty seat between me and Himchan. He sat down. 

Yong Guk came out from the kitchen and then went to the leftover empty seat beside YoungJae. 

"Let's start!" He announced. "It's my second time cooking so please don't judge." All of us laughed. 

                                    

"Let's dig in!" Daehyun happily announced as he started moving his chopsticks around. He used his chopstick to grab a piece of swwet&sour meat and then touched it with his finger. "SooHee, you need to try this.." 

I stared at him and then that piece of meat. Looked around and everyone was staring at us. "It's okay, I will help myself." I pushed his hand away and ate my rice, avoiding all forms of eye contact.

Then that piece of meat was placed onto my rice, "I think it works this way too." He eye-smiled and continued eating. "I helped making that, like adding pinches of salt and sugar, so you must try." He added with his mouth fiilled with food. 

I put the piece of meat into my mouth and chew it carefully. Indeed, I tasted the heartwarming, smooth, pleasant flavour, and a little spicy, a little savoury, a little.. soft. Unknowingly, I lifted the edge of my lips, smiling. 

"Tasted it?" Daehyun stopped and asked. 

I nodded. "Very nice.. Well done." I looked up and Yong Guk as he smiled as acknowledgement.

"That brat, helped a lot too. He make sure you taste everything, so he added pinches of salt to all my dishes." He pointed his chopsticks at Daehyun. "You should try everything to check if you it works that miracly!" He added. 

"SooHee, try this.." JongUp passed me a piece of seafood jeon. 

I bited onto it cautiously, and as how I expected, the flavours ran onto my tastebuds, I could taste it. Unexplainably, unrealistic, but it happened.

Daehyun's almond-shaped eyes were wide opened and then as I smiled, chewing with much happiness. "Assa!" He raised his hands up and jumped on his seat, spilled his bowl of kimchi jjigae.

"Omo!" I quickly wiped off the stains on his expensive looking with a napkin. 

He held my busy hand, "Thank.. Thank you." As soon as he said that, I removed my hand and sat straight. 

"Okay! After dinner, wine time!" Himchan announced, which eased the tension by a lot. 

We all cheered. 

 

 

 

*Back, back with some updates! ^^ Anyways, just to let you know that because my school reopened and I won't be able to update soooo often, but I will try to update at least 2 chapters every week. I know a lot of AFF authors are using "school reopen" as their reason but the fact is.. It is really busy to be in school. You know na mean? Anyways, no matter what. You can still follow my twitter, which is @VL827 because I tweet when I am on my way home. Keke.*