Give it to me!

Pinch Of Salt

JongUp's Point Of View

                                             

                                                 

 

It was early for me to be in the shop but my classes ended early today, I can't wait to meet SooHee. 

I sneakily entered the shop, scanned around and as how I expected, everyone should be in the kitchen for preparation. I raised my hand gently and looked at the watch on my wrist, 11:45am, still early for lunch hour. 

Slowly, I walked to the kitchen, where the door was shut. Hoping to surprise SooHee with my early arrival, I bent down and eavedropped the situation in the kitchen. 

"Give it to me!" A male voice struggled and demanded. 

"No! Give it back!!" A feminine voice scream followed by. "Daehyun please!" 

"No! Give it to me!" The male voice.. No, Daehyun voice became huskier and more forceful. 

"Dae...Daehyun just please.." SooHee voice weakened.

I quickly pushed open the door, "STOP FORCING HER!" I yelled into the kitchen. I opened my eyes widely and saw SooHee grabbing Daehyun's left hand while his right hand has a salt container raised at a high level. 

All our eyes were brightly opened, staring at each other due to the sudden break. 

"Give it to me!" Daehyun tried pulling back his hand but SooHee started snatching.. Daehyun's hand? "Stop!" 

"No! Give it to me now!" SooHee ignored my existence and continued her 'game' with Daehyun. But it wasn't exactly like a game. 

"SooHee SooHee!" I regained myself and ran towards SooHee. I pulled her back so that she could release Daehyun's hand. "SooHee stop!" I successfully held her back and I assumed it calmed her down. 

"Oh god.." Daehyun shook his hand loosely, "I almost lost my hands.." 

I glared at Daehyun for his stupid reaction and helped SooHee to the counter, getting her to settle down. 

"What's wrong? You guys fought again?" Hana-Noona returned from the mart and asked. 

Daehyun came out from the kitchen to check on SooHee, I purposely blocked him from the sight of hers and shook my head as a response to Hana-Noona. 

"She..." Daehyun commented, searching through the bags of shopping bag. "Haish."

SooHee stood up immediately and ran over to Hana-Noona. "Hana-Unnie! Hana..Unnie. I can actually taste, I can taste! I know what is saltiness, I know what is spicy, believe me, I am not lying!" She shake Hana-Noona a few times. 

"What.. What do you mean by you can taste..?" Hana-Noona was dumbfounded. 

SooHee's round eyes turned towards my direction, within split seconds, she pulled my hand and deep it into the soy sauce bottle beside us. Her hands were trembling, she tasted my finger. Her facial expression turned bitter, shook her head lightly and sat back down, sighed. 

"No.. I can't. I still can't." She sighed loudly. 

"SooHee ya, it's okay.." Hana-Noona rested her hand on SooHee's shoulder, "You have already got use to it, right? So what if you can taste? Will it change anything about you?" 

SooHee started weeping. "Without the sense of taste, I am just a handicap, a monster who can eat but  taste nothing. Like a human without emotions.." 

"Noona.." Daehyun stood up, blinked a few times at Hana-Noona, a lollipop, "SooHee.. Maybe.. We will just.. Try again?"

SooHee looked up at him, her watery eyes full of gratitude. 

He grabbed SooHee's hand and pulled her to the kitchen. 

At that very moment, I felt like.. I am going to lose something I want.. I am losing it, to Jung Daehyun.