Confrontation

Love Zone

Mei's POV

 

I woke up rather early for my 11:20 class. Its just 8 am. I decided to go early to school. I arrived before the bell has ranged for the next class. I am 1 hour and half early. I decided to chill down first at the library. As I entered the library, I felt that everyone was staring at me but I ignored them. Then as I got a seat, some of them started to whisper something. I did the same thing. I ignored them. I browsed my book and started reading until the bell ranged. As the bell ranged, I immediately went to my class. What I like about this class is that, I am with my best friend, Jia. As i walked in the corridors, someone talked to me.
"Hey girl"
"Jia!" 
"Going to class?"
"Of course. You're the only reason why I attend that boring class." 
"Well, I hope today wont be that boring like the last meeting." 
"I do hope so too." 
We entered our classroom and seated on our chair at the back. After a few minutes, the class started. As more minutes has been done, me and Jia became bored and started talking about some other things. Until it got down to this topic. 
"I have a question for you."
"What is it?"
"Answer me honestly ok!"
"Of course. What is it all about?"
"What's going on between you and the President? And by the meaning of President, I am referring to the Student Government President Ken. Are you two together?"
"Where in the world did you get that news?"
"Everyone in the school knows and is spreading this rumor all over the university."
"Ok. The last time I remembered we are just friends." 
"Oh.. Then, its good. But I havent seen you going with Min. Is there a problem between you two?"
"None. He is just in a different level now. Somehow unreachable but I know he is there anytime."
"Really?!?! It doesnt seem so. The one you're with is the President. What are the differences? Min is the Vice President."
"Dont be like that. It seems that you want me to argue with you more."
"Ok fine. I wont talk. I'll stop now." 
We stopped talking with each other and looked at our phones for the time. It was almost time. After a few minutes, the bell ranged and I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at my phone and its Ken. 
"Go to the USG Office, NOW!"
"Why? Are you lonely? FOREVER ALONE?"
"Nope. Nothing. Just go here will you."
"Yes, yes. Will go there in a few. My class just got dismissed."
After that, the bell ranged again. We cleared our table and went out. I waved goodbye to Jia. I immediately run to go to the office. As I arrive in the room, Ken gave me a shock and laugh at me. 
"That's unfair!"
"Ok. Sorry. Wont do it again."
Then, we talked about many things until we reached in this conversation
"Hey, I have a question for you."
"Ok, what is it?"
"Have you ever try loving someone?"
"Yes, but I was always left broken."
"Why so?"
"I really dont know. But one things for sure, when I tried to love someone, I was always left by that person. That's why, I learned to be numb. What am I saying, I shouldnt have said that. "
"Dont worry about that. We will change that."
"If we can."
"Just think positive."
"Very well then. I entrust you to do that."
 
Ken's POV
 
'What am I saying? How will I do that? Should I.. No!'
"I shall go ahead now. I still have my class. Bye!"
"Oh.. Ok! Take care. Remember what I said to you."
"I will. Bye!"
"Bye"
As she left, I found myself reflecting in the things I've said. Will I be able to fulfill that words I just blurted out? Silence was broke when I heard the door opened. It was Min. 
"Hey Min, what's up?" 
"Do you like her?"
"What are you talking about?"
"I am talking about Mei! Do you like her?"
"Woah, calm down."
"Just-answer-my-question!"
"YES!"
With that, Min went out the room without a word. I said to myself, 'Oh no. I did it. Why did I said those kind of word. I hope nothing will change.'