Hangover

Uptown Woman

Hara woke up with a painful head. "Ugh... do I have another hangover?" She asked herself as she shuffled from the bed, unaware of the surrounding. She went the way to her bathroom but when she was about to open the bathroom, there was no door. Tiredly she opened her eyes and found herself facing the wall. She blinked, trying to remember that it was indeed the way to the bathroom.

Spinning her brain to recall back the moments last night, she remembered a little. She was talking with some people until she grew tired and stopped by the balcony. After that... forcing herself to remember, she recalled Junhyung's face but not their conversation. The memory stopped when she closed her eyes.

"Where the hell am I right now?" She asked herself in panic and quickly turned around.

...only to find Junhyung on the doorway.

"OH MY GOD!" Hara shouted. "You scare me!"

Junhyung raised an eyebrow. After eyeing Hara from head to toe, he said, "The bathroom's that way."

"Thanks," Hara grumbled, quickly went to the bathroom and locked herself in. "Oh my gosh, that was embarrassing!" She bit her thumb as she stood in front of the mirror. She looked at herself and her jaw dropped. Her make up was smeared and she looked messy. She splashed herself with the water and rinsed . Using Junhyung's face soap, she cleaned her face. She could deal with the after-effect later.

She was still in her dress when she decided to take a short bath.She couldn't possibly drop by her house for bath and all. After taking a bath and using a prepared towel to dry herself, she went out from the bathroom. She found her purse on the floor next to the bed and immediately took it. She searched for her phone and called Tiffany once she found it.

After asking Tiffany to bring her some shirt and skirt, she went outside the room. The air was filled with the smell of food and without knowing she just walk right toward the kitchen, following the smell.

"Hey," Junhyung greeted when he saw Hara walked inside his small, homey kitchen.

"Hey," Hara smiled. "Nice kitchen you've got here."

Junhyung grinned. "Thanks. I like to cook."

Surprise crossed Hara's face. "You do?"

"Yeah, but don't tell anyone. It's just my own little hobby," Junhyung said as he place two plate on the table. "Make yourself at home while I make us breakfast."

Hara nodded as she looked around and decided to wait in the living room. She saw a big potrait of himself hung in the living room. On the TV table, there were some photos of him and other people. Hara quietly looked each one of them. When she looked at the last one, she was beyond confused. There was not even one that showed him with his parents.

Before she could think further, Junhyung's voice was heard.

"Breakfast's done."

Hara paddled her way back to the kitchen and smiled at the sight of the dining table. "Oh my gosh. You made these all?" She was awed.

There were bacons, scrambled eggs, sausages, toasts, and different type of jams.

"Come on, sit." Junhyung gestured her to sit in front of him.

They ate as comfortable silence surrounded them.

"It's great." She complimented as she munched on the sausage.

Junhyung smiled back as he ate his.

When they were almost done, the doorbell rang through the house.

"Oh. It must be my friend. I told her to bring me some clothes." Hara smiled as she got off the tool and went to the door. "Hey Tiff."

Tiffany smiled brightly at Hara as she walked inside. "Oh gosh, Hara! You finally get laid!"

Hara's eyes wide as she looked at Tiffany in shock. "The hell, Tiff? I did not get laid!" She hissed at her best friend. She glanced back to the kitchen and was sure that Junhyung heard Tiffany.

"Ooppss." Tiffany grinned sheepishly. "Well, I thought you know.."

"Ugh. This is embarrassing."

Junhyung appeared on the doorway between the kitchen and living room. "Hi. I'm Yong Junhyung."

"I'm Tiffany Huang." Tiffany smiled as she reached out her hand and grabbed Junhyung's.

"Uh... have you eaten breakfast?" Junhyung asked.

"Nope." Tiffany replied.

"Well, you could join us." Junhyung humbly said as he led her to the kitchen.

"Oh wow. Sure, thank you." Tiffany gave Hara a look; surprise one. She sat on a tool and Junhyung putted a plate in front of her. She picked up a fork and took a sausage. "I love sausages." Tiffany said as she bit the food. "Oh my. This is delicious."

"I know right? I said the same thing." Hara chuckled. "Oh hey, I'll change first, okay?" Then she left to the bathroom.

Tiffany glanced over her shoulder and when she was sure it was safe, she putted down her fork. Junhyung looked up at her and blinked. "So, let's talk. Do you like Hara romantically or platonically?"

Junhyung looked at Tiffany for a good five seconds before chuckling. "Are you interrogating me right now?"

"Well, if you call it that way, sure." Tiffany smiled. "I just care for her."

"Of course you do." Junhyung smiled. "Well, I might have liked her romantically, but not like too deep. We're still on the first base after all."

"Yeah, right." Tiffany nodded. "Well, I just hope you won't hurt her or anything. She's too innocent to be hurt."

Junhyung nodded.

"I guess that's all though. But hey, if I catch you hurt her or anything, I'll rip your head off."

Junhyung chuckled. "Sure."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I don't get it." Tiffany muttered as she drank her Americano.

"What?" Hara asked back as she walked beside Tiffany in hurry.

"Why didn't you get laid last night?" Tiffany asked.

"Oh, god, Tiff. I thought we're past this already."

"Well, apparently we're not. And he doesn't look like the type to hold back."

"I was drunk. He merely didn't want to take advantage of my stupid state."

"A gentleman, is he?"

"I guess so. Beside, he cooked our breakfast."

"No way." Tiffany said with open jaw.

"Oh yeah, he did."

"I thought he bought it from somewhere."

"Nah. I saw him cooking them."

"Wow. A guy with cooking skills. Rare chance, girl. You better hold him tight before someone else gets him."

Hara pushed the door of her building as she shot a look at Tiffany. "Are you jinx-ing me?" 

"Not exactly. It's kind of a good luck." Tiffany said as she waved goodbye. "I mean it!"

Hara rolled her eyes as she turned around and gave a wave without looking. 

 

 

 

 

"You're late."

"Five minutes, Narsha. I'm sorry." Hara said apologetically. "I was running here, but still...."

"It's okay. I get it. You had a great night." Narsha said as she gave Hara a file.

"What?" Hara raised an eyebrow as she walked out from Narsha's office.

"Hara! You looked amazing last night!" Hyomin praised as she walked beside Hara. "I saw you on the news! Are you and Yong Junhyung going out?"

"What news?" Hara skidded into a stop and turned to Hyomin.

"Look!" Hyomin opened a newspaper and showed Hara the front page of parties columns. "The best party of the year!" On the page was Hara and Junhyung, standing side by side as they smiled at the reporters.

"Oh god." Hara grumbled as she continued walking.

She placed her Cappucino Latte on her desk as she cleared her stuff to the side. 

"Had an amazing night Hara?" One of the co-workers teased and Hara face-palmed herself.

"It's going to be a long day."