Hara's Life

Uptown Woman

The alarm clock is ringing and Hara pushed the stopped button without looking at the clock and slowly wake up. “Ugh,” She groaned, her head felt really heavy, and she knows she’s in the state of another hangover. “Damn,” She cursed, walking towards the bathroom and look at her face. Around her eyes are all-black, showing that she just got another hangover.

She quickly washed her face and take a quick bath. As soon as she’s done, she looked at the time and it showed how late she is. “Damn!” Once again she cursed and made her way out from her  apartment.

She run towards her office building, but stopped at starbucks to buy Narsha’s coffee.

She saw the long line and sighed.

“Hara!” Se7en called, the owner of starbucks. “Here’s your usual coffee!”

Hara smiled in a flash and took the coffee. “Thanks a lot, Se7en!”

Looking at her watch she quickly run to her office, hoping that Narsha hadn’t showed up.

Lucky for her, when she’s arrived at the her working floor, Narsha is not around.

Lucky?

“Hara!” Her workmate, Jea called. “Narsha is in the meeting and waiting for you!”

“Damn,” She cursed under her breath. She quickly putted all her stuff on her table and took only the paper full of questions and coffee in her hand. She took a deep breath before knocking the meeting door.

“Get in,” Narsha’s strict voice heard.

Hara opened the door in small gap, and swiftly move her body inside.

“Anything to say, Miss Goo? You’re late again.” Narsha said, and if she use ‘Miss’ in front of the name of people she’s know, it means she’s mad.

“Not really,” Hara said, sit at her place.

Looking at Hara for a second before Narsha said, “I’ll let you off for now,”

Hara gave a deep relieved sighed.

“But meet me in my room later, and where’s my coffee?”

“Here,” Hara said, handing the starbucks coffee.

“So, let’s continue our meeting,” Narsha said, sipping her coffee. “Kikwang, what do you have in mind?”

“For our next business magazine theme, we have agreed before that we will be interviewing the hotels CEO, and the one we have chosen is Mr. Yong Junhyung, the Korea-America businessman.” Kikwang explained. “As for that, you said you were going to pushed this matter to Hara,”

“Okay, so Hara, what are you saying?”

“I have done the questions to asked,” Hara said.

“Great, put that on my table later,” Narsha said. “Others?”

“We just got an invitation for going to Mr. Yong Junhyung’s party.” Ailee said.

“Hmm, continue,” Narsha sipped her coffee.

“You have to choose two people to go there and asked his time to be interview,” Ailee continued. “The party is tonight, Narsha,”

“Okay.” Narsha said. “I will be going with…”

This is the tense moments. Nobody wants to go with Narsha, they meant it.

“…Hara,” Narsha said. “You know it’s your job to follow me, right?”

Hara forced a smile and nodded. Deep inside, she was breathing heavily.

“Is there any others thing to say? How about the preparation team?” Narsha asked.  “Our magazine fifth anniversary if someone remember,” She glared at everyone.

“Here’s,” Hyomin handed a paper. “That is our theme and preparation, but I guess it still wasn’t perfect so I was thinking not to give you,”

Narsha looked at the paper and read. “Change the theme. It’s our fifth anniversary and we can’t have colorful as the theme. Have we ever made black and white?”

“Yes, we did, two years ago.” Hyomin replied.

“Mask?” Narsha asked again.

“…nope,” Hyomin said.

“Then mask it is,” Narsha said. “The place need to be elegant but the light has to be dim.”

“Okay, I’ll find the place right away,” Hyomin nodded.

“Hara, write at my schedule that I will attend the party tonight.”

Hara quickly written down what she was told.

“When the party will be held?” Narsha asked Hyomin.

“Next week, if the preparation is done.” Hyomin said.

“Okay.” Narsha said. “The meeting is dismiss.”

Everyone went back to their work.

“Why are you late?” Narsha asked, sitting in her office room.

“I—”

“Another hangover, I supposed,” Narsha guessed, and Hara looked down.

“I’m really sorry, Narsha, I won’t do it anymore.”

“Just prepare yourself for tonight, we are going to the party, so wear all your best,” Narsha said, one hand picking up the coffee, another hand flipping papers.

Hara left the room with deep sigh.