Episode 19

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sun shone on the WGM village. Flowers were blooming on the garden patch.

MinJung was sitting on a corner of the couch with her legs crossed. On her legs was a cushion and Sunggyu’s head was on it. “They’re pretty intimate!” He was lying on the couch as they both used their phones. “What are they doing?” “I think they got over the honeymoon phase,” Jinyoung laughs.

 

“I don’t know what to do,” MinJung pouts, putting down her phone, “How about we hang out with your members for a day?”

Sunggyu put his phone down. “Myungsoo and Sungyeol are out of town again. Sungjong is filming his drama. Hoya and Dongwoo… What are they doing?” (forgotten brothers) “Oh! And Woohyun is going to film for WGM.”

 

(10 minutes later…)

“What shall we do?” Sunggyu mumbled as he played with her left hand. Their fingers were fiddling with each other’s rings.

(!) “Oppa!” MinJung shook his hand, “Let’s visit the studio.” He tilted his head up to look at her. “We can make some food for them, as appreciation? Since we have nothing to do, let’s cook.”

“Oh that’s a good idea,” he said, sitting up. He gave giggling MinJung a high-five. (“I GET TO EAT”), he shouted in joy.

 

Sunggyu swung their hands as they walked into the supermarket with a basket. “What should we make besides kimbap?” Sunggyu asked with curiosity. (excited)

“We should make some simple finger foods,” MinJung instructed, “How about some jeons? Maybe we can have fruits also.”

“Geurae,” Sunggyu nodded. “It feels like Sunggyu is the son shopping with his mother,” Misun observes and Jinyoung snickers.

As they went around the vegetables section, they constantly let go and interlocked their hands. Reaching the preserved section, Sunggyu’s arm went around her shoulder instead, pulling her close. MinJung looked up at him. (nunchi) She responded with her hands reaching up to hold his. As they walked on, Sunggyu’s arm constantly stayed on her shoulder and her arms eventually went around his back. “Isn’t that a bit too much?” Jinyoung asks.

 

(Q. There has been viewers’ comments about your skinship.)

Sunggyu shrugged his shoulders guiltily. “I’m going to get into trouble,” he whispered. “I felt frustrated having to let go of her hand constantly so I did that. I did that with my noona that’s why I was ok doing that to her.”

“I felt stuck sometimes,” he confessed, “We’re a couple, but we’re not a couple. But I decided that as long as we’re a couple, I’ll do what couples do…” His small eyes showed consideration. “…Clean things,” he affirmed so seriously.

(Q. How do you feel about his initiative?)

MinJung shrugged her shoulders shyly. “What can I do? If he’s doing it then I believe it’s safe for TV screening,” she laughs, “I feel surprised every time, but I tell myself that I am somebody’s wife and this is normal.”

She too, meditated, “I think when this is over, there will be quite a hole in my life. Maybe I understand Dongwoo oppa now.” “Na?” Dongwoo points at himself, surprised. “I would feel lonely with no guy to hug… That sounds weird. Choesonghamnida, oppa.”

Dongwoo gives his signature laugh for her apology and waves his hand, totally accepting it. “Do you like skinship, Dongwoo-gun?” Misun asks. “Neh,” he replies, “I’ve been known in the group to hug them and touch their butts.”

“Oh, that’s a little weird,” Misun says. “I get that a lot. But’s it’s because I’m a man who likes to give love to everyone,” Dongwoo tries to explain, “I’m not that kind of person.”

 

“Oppa, can you text Woohyun oppa to ask about the filming?” MinJung asked as she settled the box of groceries on the table. Sunggyu was texting and then asked, “Yah, can you not call him oppa?” (jealous)

“Wae?” MinJung looked up from the tap. (jealous?)

“You can’t call him and me oppa,” Sunggyu said. “He’s jealous,” the studio confirms.

“But I call you NamGyu,” MinJung argued. “But you call me oppa more,” Sunggyu retaliated, coming up to the sink. “Arasseoyo, oppa,” MinJung admitted defeated, “I’ll call them brothers-in-law, ok?” Sunggyu smiled and patted her head. “Oh, so childish,” Misun sneers.

 

“He’s doing touchup right now,” Sunggyu looks at his phone, “They’re going to start soon.” “Then we need to do this quickly,” MinJung said (hurriedly), “Oppa can you prepare the fruits?”

Sunggyu started washing the fruits as MinJung julienned the carrots and fried them.

MinJung was already frying the slices of ham (quickly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter