Episode 20

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a cool spring night at the Olympic Gymnastics Stadium. On the front of the stadium was an INFINITE banner: “INFINITE Amazing Fan Meeting”. “Wow! Fan meeting in a such a big venue!”

MinJung had a cap on to match her military green coat. She was standing at the boot of a car, arranging something. She took out two huge plastic bags and passed them to her manager. She then took one last bag and closed the boot.  They walked along the car park.

“Where are you going?” the cameraman asked. MinJung tilted her head up so her eyes could be seen on camera. “INFINITE is having a fan meeting tomorrow,” she said huffing and puffing occasionally, her breath visible from condensation, “I came to show my support… Some fans are usually here the night before… To see the band after they finish rehearsal… So I bought some things for them to keep warm.”

“Their fans are really dedicated,” Misun coos.

 

They arrived at the backdoor and the camera captured the group of fans who were sitting on the ground behind the barricade. A girl perked up at them and exclaimed in surprise. The rest got up as they squealed in excitement. “Neh Annyeonghaseyo,” she bowed to them. “You are working hard here. The oppas will be upset to see you out here in the cold,” she said with concern, “I wouldn’t be able to persuade you to go home right?” The girls covered half their faces and stayed silent. The answer was obvious. “I don’t want you to catch a cold. Here,” she took out the contents of one bag, “Please keep yourselves warm.”

“Heat packs!” “She’s too nice.” The girls bowed as they received her gift. “Kamsahamnida.” “Don’t fall sick, please,” she said and left them.

 

They walked through the hall, looking for the waiting room. They sped past one and MinJung halted when her manager called her from behind. She walked back to a door and there was cheering.

The members were in the waiting room, resting. Some had their eyes closed while others had their eyes on their phone. L was looking at his camera. The conscious members looked at the door when the manager had called for MinJung. Her head appeared and the members cheered. “Sister-in-law!” “Is there food?” Sungyeol pointed at the bags in the manager’s hands.

(Sister-in-law = Food)

“Komawoyo,” MinJung said to her manager as she took a bag from her. She placed them on the table, saying, “This is for you. Oppa will give the other bag to your crew.”

“Kamsahamnida,” the members bowed and said gently to him before he walked off with the bag.

 

(Food is here!) The members cheered as she opened packets of street food. “I’ll eat well,” the members said hurriedly before digging in. “Where’s oppa?” MinJung tried to get their attention.

“He’s not here yet,” Sungyeol said half-heartedly, “We practiced our solos first without him.”

“Why are you here?” L asked his cousin.

“I wanted to see your rehearsal once,” she answered.

“You could have just asked me all this time,” he smiled cheekily, “You could have come tomorrow to see me in the morning.”

“But I don’t need to right now,” she grinned. The members howled, knowing what she meant.

(the fan wife using her position)

“So are you coming tomorrow?” Dongwoo asked.

“I’m coming tomorrow too, but oppa doesn’t know,” she answered. “Oh?”

 

(Q. You were supposed to be in Japan.)

“I was supposed to be in Japan,” she answered, “But that was next week. I managed to get a midnight flight, so I will fly after the fan meeting.”

“I felt sorry that I couldn’t join him on his birthday, so I will support him at the fan meeting.”

 

“I wanted to surprise him and celebrate his birthday after the fan meeting,” she told them.

“Ehhhh,” they jeered at her bland idea.

 

Sunggyu arrived at the stadium. “Oppa!” the girls called out to him but he was going to greet them with a simple nod only when they said, “MinJung unni is here!”

He halted immediately, “Really?” “Of course, the husband.”

“She gave us hot packs,” one girl said, covering half her face. He nodded with a blank face, “Don’t fall sick. Please go home.”

Walking in the hall, he dialed on his phone. “Oppa!” the phone voiced on speaker mode. “Where are you?” he asked quickly.

“I’m with your members,” she sounded frantic.

He too sped past the room but turned back to the door. He walked in and MinJung got up. He put an arm around her shoulder and patted her arm.

“Ah hug her properly, hyung!” Sungyeol burst out in frustration. The couple blushed as they hugged. Their moment was burst with Hoya’s words: “She’s not going to be here tomorrow.”

Sunggyu broke the hug and looked at her. “I told you already,” she said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter