Episode 21

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Last Time)

“I wanted to surprise him and celebrate his birthday after the fan meeting.”

(MinJung and brothers-in-law)

“Ehhhh.” (They jeered at her bland idea.)

Sunggyu watched her get into the car. “Annyeong, oppa,” she waved sweetly to him.

“Remember the bet,” Hoya said. “Neh,” Woohyun added, “We want chicken if it fails!” “Arasseoyo,” MinJung said to them.

(What’s the bet?)

 

 

The sun had risen. Fans were queuing up for the fan meeting in the chilly weather. INFINITE was warming up in the dressing room and having their makeup done. “WGM is here to film today, too?” Sunggyu talked to the camera. Flustered, the cameraman answered, “Some shots to showcase the fan meeting.”

 

The stadium started to fill up with fans. The standing pits were filling up until they were full. Light sticks were already switched on by the excited fans. Fans were smiling and singing to the music on the house speakers.

 

“Is the stadium filled up yet?” MinJung stepped out of the van with her face covered up. She hid her face with her cap and rushed to the stadium entrance. “Quickly!” she said to the camera. She was carrying a drawing block with her as she walked to the control booth. “She has a mission, right?”

“Are you ready?” the assistant asked, “We can have you on stage now.” MinJung was running on the spot because of her anxiety.

 

Fans’ scream could be heard because the stage screen was broadcasting a concert camera. Carefully she stood on the plank and was raised up onto the extended platform. The camera shot the mysterious lady who stood on stage alone. She had a drawing block in her hands with the message: “Please do not scream.” The noise level went down as INFINITE’s music continued to play. Fans were whispering to themselves, questioning who the person was on stage.

 

She flipped a page.

“Please do not scream as I introduce myself. “

She flipped again.

“As I relay my messages, let’s use our light sticks to interact. If you can see this message, please turn off your lights sticks and continue singing.”

 

“Oh this is amazing!” The stadium started turning dark as the light sticks were turned off. She took off her cap and revealed herself to the audience. There were squeals and she quickly put her finger to her lips. She took a bow and flipped.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kim MinJung imnida.”

 

The light sticks for a while before they were switched off. She flipped the page again.

 

(Q. Why did you introduce yourself on stage?)

“I had a mission from the brothers-in-law,” she explained, “If the fans reacted to me during the mission, I was afraid that it would fail. And then I would have to buy them chicken.”

“I felt guilty for having to interrupt the concert, so I wanted to apologize to the fans first.”

(Q. Do you think the fans would be happy?)

“No,” she answered immediately, “I would hate it if the concert was interrupted too. Who was I to steal the light?”

 

“Today we are all here to celebrate INFINITE’s return after their world tour.”

 

“Honestly, I wanted to sit in the audience and enjoy the show without interrupting them.”

 

“But because Sunggyu oppa doesn’t know I’m here, the brothers-in-law gave me a mission. I am to surprise Sunggyu during the show and tell him Happy Birthday.”

She waved her hands to gesture for them to keep singing. She continued to flip each page after seconds. “Her hand is shaking.”

“So the brothers-in-law and I would like to ask for a favor from fellow Inspirits.”

 

“Later INFINITE will have solo performances. When Sunggyu performs his solo, I will come out behind him.”

 

“To make sure he doesn’t know, I would like the Inspirits to keep quiet and pretend I’m not around.”

 

“I’m sorry that I will interrupt the concert, but may I have this favor from you? May I see the lights if you agree?”

The light sticks lit up slowly. She tried to suppress her smile. She bowed and flipped the page again.

“Kams

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter