A Friendly(?) Competition

The Spy Who Stole My Heart

 

THE NEXT DAY ..
 
Aiden waking up the next morning, it was unusually quiet so he went to Sophie's room but she wasn't there so he looked at all the rooms but when she was no where to be found he went downstairs and was about to locate her with the locating device, he saw a man standing in the living room holding Sophie. It was SilverLine he walked to Aiden while Sophie was tied up and had stuffed with cloth.
 
 
 
SilverLine: Hey there Lee.
 
 
 
Aiden: Let. Her. Go.
 
 
 
SilverLine: Why should I? I think she enjoys my company (Rubs his face againts Sophie's cheek)
 
 
 
Sophie, completely terrified is already sheding tears and is looking at Aiden with eyes that are pleading for help.
 
 
 
Aiden: What do you want? (stiffed voice)
 
 
 
SilverLine: You know what I want Lee, so don't play games or your little honey pie will be the one who's gonna play a game ... A game of death!
 
 
 
Aiden: I'll show it to you just let her go.
 
 
 
SilverLine: How can I be sure? Show it to me first and I'll let her go.
 
 
 
 
 
Aiden led him to the garage on where he found a secret passage that lead to a secret laboratory. As they arrived, Aiden typed in the combination that he first saw in Sophie's door.
 
 
 
 
SilverLine: Good work Lee, now here's your precious sweetiepie (He pushed Sophie towards Aiden's direction)
 
 
 
Aiden: Miss are you alright?? (Caressed her face and helped her out of her )
 
 
As SilverLine took a step on the platform, a pulse of electricity run through his body causing him to fall on the ground shaking.
 
Aiden and Sophie watched him and walked away but what they didn't see that SilverLine grabbed his gun and shot Sophie and then collapsed.
 
Sophie fell forward as she was shot in the back, chest level and Aiden caught her fall.
 
 
 
Aiden: Miss?? Sophie?? (Shaking her but she doesn't respond)
 
 
 
Aiden hugs Sophie's lifeless body and cries out loud. He closed his eyes and when he opens it again he realize it was just a dream and he sat up screaming her name, he quickly rushed to Sophie's room and found Sophie there who just woke up. He immediately went to her and hugged her.
 
 
 
 
Sophie: Oh good morning A ... What's wrong?
 
Sophie was taken aback by Aiden's action but for some reason she didn't find it as weird instead she just hugged him back and soothed his back
 
 
 
Sophie: What's going on Aiden?
 
 
 
She pulled away from the hug only to see that Aiden was crying.
 
 
 
Sophie: Why are you crying?? Did something happen??
 
Sophie wiped Aiden's tears and hugged him again
 
 
Sophie: Oh honey its okay, just let it out.
 
Aiden pulled away, looked Sophie in the eye, cupped her face and kissed her. Sophie's eyes widened at the action but she didn't pull away. Instead she just closed her eyes and basked in the moment, the kiss turned into a passionate one but they were interrupted when Sophie's phone rang.
 
They both pulled away and Sophie reached for her phone to check what it is, once done she turned to Aiden.
 
 
 
Aiden: I-i-i'm sorry Miss, I d-didn't mean to. I didn't knew what came over me.
 
 
 
Sophie: I-its alright ...
 
 
(Awkward silence)
 
 
Aiden: I'll be going now.
 
 
Sophie: Oh okay.
 
 
Aiden exited her room and still was rattled with what just happened.
 
 
 
 
In the living room ...
 
 
 
Aiden sat on the sofa and what happened kept replaying in his head. He needed to get these thoughts out of his head so he paced the room back and forth and when he got really frustrated he pounded on a cabinet, a ball fell and bounced towards a door. Curious to what was behind the door he opened it only to find the basement. He went down, opened the lights and saw pretty much all of the old things, he ran his fingers through them but one particular box caught his attention,
 
 
[A/N: okay this scene will be shifting from one POV to another, its happening at the same time so please bear with the shiftings :)) ]
 
 
BEDROOM:
 
Meanwhile Sophie was still  in her trance, she paced her room and sat down on her study table. She slumped there and smiled to herself on what just happened, then as she can't contain her happiness she tapped her table and something dropped from her stacks of books, a notebook, more like a diary, there she saw her inputs and there were also pictures of her and Aiden then ...
 
BASEMENT:
 
he dusted it off and opened it, to find pictures, letters and video tapes of him and Sophie then ...
 
They both remembered everything at the same time
 
When he got in touch with reality, he got out and called Vincent.
 
When she got in touch with reality she was shocked and couldn't move for a moment because she's thinking if she spills it he might think she's crazy but the kiss meant something. She was confused.
 
[A/N: Did you guys get my purpose for shifting? Nyahaha sorry its a little bit awkward :(]
 
 
 
Meanwhile in the balcony:
 
 
Aiden was standing in the balcony calling Vincent.
 
 
Vincent: I knew you'd call sooner or later.
 
 
Aiden: You know me too well bro. So tell me, what else do you know?
 
 
 
 
--skip--
 
 
Sophie went down to grab some brunch, he didn't see Aiden she was curious where he was so she looked for him and eventually found him on the balcony talking to someone over the phone.
 
She couldn't hear what they were talking about but she just stood there watching him. Not knowing why she forgot about him all of these years. 
 
When Aiden finished talking over the phone, he noticed Sophie standing there staring at him. He gave her a smile and Sophie ree as well. 
 
 
 
 
Aiden: Is there anything you need Miss?
 
 
 
Sophie: Uhm I was just going to ask if you already ate breakfast or lunch?
 
 
 
Aiden: Actually I haven't yet. Want me to cook for you?
 
 
 
Sophie: Sure
 
 
Se sits and watches him as he  cooks for her. For some reason she can't stop staring at him.
 
When Aiden was done cooking, he placed the plate in front of Sophie and to her surprise he cooked her favorite meal. 
 
Sophie tasted it and it was the exact flavor that she was looking for. Sure Marcus made some for her but it wasn't as good as Aiden's.
 
Then Marcus came
 
 
 
Marcus: Good Morning beautiful!
 
 
Marcus went to Sophie and kissed her forehead.
 
 
Marcus: Hey babysitter
 
 
 
Aiden just gave him a faint smile and turned to cooking again but before he could fully turn around, he noticed something on Marcus' arm just like SilverLine’s mark and it is also on the same arm.
 
When Marcus noticed that Aiden was observing the mark on his arm, he quickly hid it with his sleeve.
 
 
 
Sophie: I’ll be taking a shower then I’ll be down in just a minute okay?
 
 
 
Marcus: Okay dear, take your time.
 
 
 
Sophie went upstairs leaving Aiden and Marcus in the kitchen.
 
 
 
Marcus:I see that you and Sophie are getting closer eh?
 
 
 
Aiden: What did you say?
 
 
 
 
Marcus: Oh I know you heard me, I’m warning you, stay away from her. She’s mine.
 
 
 
Aiden: Is she now? Did she tell you that herself?
 
 
 
Marcus: She hasn’t but I can sense that you like her
 
 
 
Aiden: Look Mister Cho, the only relationship that she and I could only have is a professional one and it doesn’t go beyond that
 
 
 
Marcus: Uh huh. You better be sure about that because if you don’t I’ll tear you bit by bit.
 
 
 
 
Aiden: Is that a threat Mister Cho?
 
 
 
Marcus: Why you scared? Huh?
 
 
 
Aiden: (scoffs)
 
 
 
Marcus: You little!
 
 
 
Marcus punched Aiden and Aiden fought back, the two threw punches at each other and when they heard footsteps coming from the stairs, they immediately cleaned up the mess they did and acted like nothing happened.
 
 
 
Sophie: What was the noise all about?
 
 
 
Marcus: Noise? What noise?
 
 
 
Sophie: All of those loud thuds that I heard
 
 
 
Marcus: Oh … Oh that?? It was t-the TV! Yeah the TV!
 
 
 
Sophie: But its not even on?
 
 
 
Marcus: I t-turned it off as you were going down
 
 
 
Sophie: You are such a weirdo. Aren’t we going to go yet?
 
 
 
Marcus: Yeah, shall we get going?
 
 
 
Aiden: Where are you going?
 
 
 
Sophie: To the mall, I mentioned it to you yesterday.
 
 
 
Aiden: Oh yeah, please remember to wear your bracelet
 
 
 
Sophie: I will. See you later!
 
 
Marcus glared at Aiden and gave him a smirk before going out and followed by Sophie.
 
Aiden watched them as they get in the car and drive off.
 
 
 
In the Mall: 
 
So both of them reached the mall and bought some stuff, when they had their share of fun, they decided to come home. As they were near the car, a group of men came and grabbed Sophie, she immediately pushed the emergency button on her bracelet, Marcus fought them off but one of them stabbed him in the shoulder and knocked him unconscious.