Halloween Fun Fair

Take Care of My Wife (Sequel to Take Care of My Girlfriend)

I'll like to credit Leeteukbaby for giving me an idea for this chapter! ^^ Thank you so much!

As the end of October drew nearer, the Juniors were getting excited. Hyukjae oppa and I could understand why since it was the Halloween weekend and our old high school would always organise a fun fair to celebrate it. This year was no exception, of course. Just like the previous years, we were going to bring the Juniors to the fun fair but this year, they were finally able to choose what to dress up as. And just like what we have predicted, the Juniors insisted on dressing up as Iron Man. Being the awesome dad he was, Hyukjae oppa had ordered the costumes a few days prior to the fun fair.

On the day of the fun fair itself, Hyukjae oppa had helped to dress them up and along with their pumpkin basket, we headed towards our old high school for some fun.

“Daddy, can we go to the haunted house?”Jihyuk pointed at the entrance of a classroom which was converted to a haunted house.

“Sure,”Hyukjae oppa nodded his head.

Luckily for us, we had bumped into Hyukjae oppa’c lique who had agreed to bring the Juniors into the haunted house trail. As I was pregnant, I wasn’t allowed to enter the trail and had to stay outside. After waving goodbye to the Juniors, we sat on a bench near the exit, waiting for them to come out. When they were finally out, the Juniors were laughing hysterically, causing Hyukjae oppa’s friends to laugh along.

“Your kids are amazing! They weren’t afraid of the ghosts at all,”Taemin commented.

“They even tried to scare the ghosts in return,”Yunho added on.

“Mummy, it was so fun!”Jihyuk squealed in delight.

The two of them then started telling us about what happened at one point. A ghost had scared Minhyuk, causing him to scream. After realising that the candies flew everywhere onto the floor, he insisted on picking them up. Jihyuk who had witnessed everything offered to help but the two of them started laughing hysterically as they recalled how Minhyuk had screamed.

“Minhyuk was like a girl!”Jihyuk laughed.

“I was not! I just didn’t expect him to be under the table,”Minhyuk explained.

“But Minhyuk did something funny though. Two candies flew towards the ghost under the table and he got a shock when Minhyuk crawled under to get it back,”Jihyuk giggled.

“The hyung even asked me what I was doing,”Minhyuk chuckled.

As they continued telling us about what happened in the trail, we continued walking around the fair where the Juniors went trick or treating at every stall. The students behind the stall couldn’t resist their charm and had given them a lot of candies. At a particular stall that we stopped at to buy some snacks to munch on, the students there kept glancing at us.

“Sorry but are you Lee Hyukjae by any chance…?”one of the boys asked.

“Yes, I am,”Hyukjae oppa nodded his head.

There were gasps in different intervals before the boy who asked regained his composure.

“Sunbaenim, welcome back! We’re so proud to be in this school because of you. You’re a huge inspiration to everyone in the school,”he bowed.

“Mrs Jung always spoke fondly about you, sunbaenim! She said you were really hardworking despite being very smart,”a girl smiled while bringing up Hyukjae oppa’s math teacher.

“Thank you,”Hyukjae oppa bowed.

“Sunbaenim, I’m the President of the dance team now and I just want to say thank you for leading the team to become what it is now. Our dance team wouldn’t have been so famous without your leadership and skills back then,”another boy bowed.

“It’s nothing. I just really love dancing. All the best in leading the team,”Hyukjae oppa smiled at him.

“Thank you,”he bowed.

“Woah, daddy, you’re so famous in school,”Jihyuk commented as we made our way to another stall.

“Your daddy is famous everywhere he goes. He’s a legend,”I chuckled.

“I want to be just like you, daddy,”Minhyuk grinned.

“I’m sure you’ll be better than me, Minhyukkie,”Hyukjae oppa ruffled his hair.

 An hour of fun passed by and it was time for the prizes to be given out. When it came to Best Costume, my jaw had dropped upon hearing who was the winner.

“Can we have the twin brothers who are dressed up as Iron Man on stage, please?”the student MC smiled.

“Isn’t that Minhyuk and I?”Jihyuk asked.

“Quick, go on stage!”Hyukjae oppa ushered them towards the stage.

“Congratulations!”the principal handed the prize over to the juniors.

“Goodness, our sons are already winning awards at such a young age…,”I smiled proudly at them as they posed for a photo with the principal.

“LOOK MUMMY! WE HAVE LOTS OF CANDIES NOW!”Minhyuk waved the packet of sweets they received.

“BEST COSTUME!”Jihyuk cheered as he shot imaginary beams while spinning around.

“Congratulations, Juniors,”Hyukjae oppa grinned.

Happy about winning an award, we headed back home. The Juniors fell asleep on the way back and Hyukjae oppa had to piggyback Jihyuk while carrying Minhyuk back to the apartment. The next morning, we got woken up by the Juniors themselves.

“MUMMY, DADDY, WHERE ARE OUR SWEETS???”Minhyuk asked.

“I ate them all…,”Hyukjae oppa mumbled in his sleep.

“WHAT?!”Jihyuk exclaimed.

“Daddy, how could you…?”Minhyuk pouted.

“We would have shared if you asked…How could you finish them all while we’re sleeping…,”Jihyuk was on the verge of tears.

Hyukjae oppa who noticed his trembling voice, quickly sat up.

“I was just kidding. I kept it all safely in the kitchen,”Hyukjae oppa chuckled.

“Daddy! How could you trick us!”Jihyuk pouted.

“I just wanted to see your reactions,”Hyukjae oppa laughed.

“MINHYUK, ATTACK!”Jihyuk climbed onto the bed.

The two of them began attacking Hyukjae oppa by climbing onto him. I just laid there watching as they played with Hyukjae oppa.

“Okay, I admit defeat,”Hyukjae oppa surrendered after a while.

“WE WON!”Minhyuk pinched his cheeks.

“Since the candies are still safe, you guys will share it with me, right?”Hyukjae oppa asked cheekily.

“Not anymore. Not after you tricked us,”Jihyuk smiled triumphantly.

“Then, I won’t tell you where I kept the strawberry candies…,”Hyukjae oppa stuck out his tongue.

“Strawberry candies??”Minhyuk raised an eyebrow.

“Did daddy really buy them?”Jihyuk turned to ask me.

“Yes, he did. I saw where he kept them,”I grinned.

“NO, DADDY! YOU CAN’T DO THAT!”Jihyuk exclaimed.

“Let’s trade,”Minhyuk pleaded.

“Deal!”Hyukjae oppa nodded his head.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel