Family Time

Take Care of My Wife (Sequel to Take Care of My Girlfriend)

Hello everybody, I'm back after my exams! So sorry for keeping you guys waiting. I felt bad but I seriously needed all the spare time I have to study for my finals. Thank you so much for understanding :) Anyway, this is another buffer chapter before we embark on a few more adventures with the Lee family before this sequel comes to an end. If you all have any stories of the Lee family that you want me to touch on in this sequel, feel free to comment or drop me a mail to let me know. I'll definitely credit you for that chapter! ^^ By the way, did you guys have a good Halloween? :) If you did, let me know your experience! I'll like to know ^^ See you soon! ^^

A week after we decided to commence informal lessons for the juniors, we headed to Hyukjae oppa’s old house where his parents were still staying at. It was a two storeyed house in an area tucked away in a corner of Gangnam which was near to our apartment building situated in the heart of the lively place. The juniors enjoyed visiting their grandparents place for there was a garden with a swing and even a swimming pool for them to play in. Hyukjae oppa liked bringing them here for watching them run around the house, reminded him of the times when he was still a child, running around just like them.

Before their piano lessons started, we let the juniors play around with housekeeper watching so we could sit at the terrace with his parents to chat.

“Jihyuk and Minhyuk really like playing around here, don’t they?”his mother smiled fondly as we all watched them from afar.

“Yes, they do. Although the apartment is big enough for them to run around, they really love playing outdoor,”Hyukjae oppa grinned.

“They are really just like you when you were little, Hyukjae,”his mother chuckled.

“If they like the outdoors so much, have you thought of moving?”his father spoke up.

“Moving…?”I raised an eyebrow as I turned to look at him.

“The house down the street here is on sale. Your mum and I were discussing about getting you to buy it, Hyukjae,”his father pointed to the house.

“I love the apartment too much, dad. It has too many memories for me to move,”Hyukjae oppa shook his head.

“Haemin, what’s your opinion?”his mother asked.

“I agree with Hyukjae oppa, actually. I’ve special feelings for the apartment as well,”I answered.

“I can never sell it,”Hyukjae oppa shook his head.

“I’m not asking you to sell the apartment, Hyukjae. Property is a form of investment,”his dad said as he leaned forward to get his cup of tea.

Hyukjae oppa fell silent as he worked the math before he looked at me. He gave me a smile, reassuring me that we’ll still be staying in our current apartment.

“I’ll take a look at the house tomorrow. It could be our weekend house. I’m actually on the lookout for Jihyuk and Minhyuk’s future apartment, as well,”Hyukjae oppa answered.

“What…?”I blurt out before I could stop myself.

“It’s a tradition in the Lee family, Haemin. I invested in the apartment building you are staying in and bought it for Hyukjae way before he turned 21,”his father explained.

“Oh…,”I nodded my head while his mum patted my hand, gesturing for me to follow her.

We excused ourselves to the kitchen where his mother poured me a glass of barley drink that she made herself.

“Are you still overwhelmed by everything?”she asked, concerned.

“A little,”I admitted.

“I understand how you feel. I was just like you when I first married into the Lee family. My advice to you is to focus on the kids and Hyukjae. Leave the money matters to Hyukjae. He’s pretty good when it comes to that, seeing as how his dad is smiling every time he comes back from their quarterly shareholder meetings. ”his mum smiled.

His mother studied me for a bit before squeezing my hand.

“Anyway, you’re doing a good job as our daughter-in-law. His dad and I really like you a lot,”his mum patted my hand again.

“Thank you,”I bowed.

At that moment, Hyukjae oppa entered the kitchen.

“There you are! Why are you two hiding here? Are you talking bad about me to her, mum?”Hyukjae oppa asked cheekily.

“Yeah, I’m telling her every silly thing you did as a child,”his mum chuckled as she handed him a glass of barley before leaving.

“Did she really tell you everything?”Hyukjae oppa asked after she was gone.

“Well, apart from the time you tore your pants while trying to slide down the…,”

“Yah! Stop bringing that up,”Hyukjae oppa’s face turned red immediately, causing me to laugh.

“You’re so cute, you know that? She was just telling me to relax and let you handle all your personal investments,”I gave him a kiss.

Hyukjae oppa merely rolled his eyes, after knowing that I had tricked him. He turned to walk out but I hurried after him to link my arm with his to head to the study room where the juniors must be waiting for their piano lessons.

“Don’t run, silly. You’ll startle Little Jimin,”Hyukjae oppa gestured to my humongous tummy.

Just like that, piano lessons for the Juniors started in the late afternoon with Hyukjae oppa teaching them how to read the notes on the score and corresponding it with the keys on the piano. Seeing Hyukjae oppa patiently teaching them, made my heart warm. As they took turns to play the simple song, the difference in personality between the twins were more evident than usual.

Jihyuk was a fast-learner and a perfectionist and whenever he played a note wrongly, he would start all over again. Minhyuk, on the other hand, was a little slower and played the notes slowly, making sure there was no mistake though the tempo was not right. He took longer than Jihyuk to read the notes off the score as well and I helped him to cheat when Hyukjae oppa wasn’t looking by pointing out the note he needed to play next.

At the end of the our lesson, Jihyuk was able to play the first two lines of the score by purely memorising which notes he had to play while Minhyuk was still struggling and this caused him to sulk.

“Am I stupid, mummy?”Minhyuk asked.

“No, of course not. Everybody learn things at a different speed and have different talents. Aren’t you good in maths?”I reminded him.

“Oh, that’s right!”Minhyuk’s face brightened up upon being reminded of his strengths.

“You’re doing fine, Minnie. I can’t do 10 plus 10, remember?”Jihyuk patted his back, giving him a smile.

“Can you teach me how to play this song? I’ll teach you 10 plus 10 in return,”Minhyuk asked.

“Okay,”Jihyuk nodded his head.

The both of them then sat side by side with Jihyuk teaching Minhyuk how to play the song, relieving me of my worry that there might be a competition between them, causing their brotherhood to be strained.

“Maybe you take your own advice,”Hyukjae oppa broke my train of thoughts.

“What?”I I turned to look at him.

“Everybody has different talents so be proud of your talents and have some confidence in yourself,”he took my hand in his.

“That is, if I’ve distinctively good at something. All my talents are just…I’m just barely good at it,”I shrugged.

“Nope, you’re really really good at doing a few things,”Hyukjae oppa shook his head.

“Like what?”I asked.

“Like being a mother to our three children, a daughter-in-law of the Lee family and Lee Hyukjae’s wife. You’re the only one who can do all these so be proud of it,”he chuckled.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel