Like chemical bonding II

Even if I'm in jail, it's okay - if only I have you, I can still live.

This chapter is the continuation from the previous part.

[THAT SATURDAY NIGHT]

Yongguk’s POV:

“Yongguk, what do you think of Haerin?” We’re on the streets as usual plus it’s Saturday night. The four others were ahead of us. Himchan asked out of nowhere after talking about the new turntable their selling at Coex. “Just that average girl you see everywhere, no?” Himchan smiled, “She’s different. The girls at our school were so easy to get. Haerin, she knows nothing about us. It seems interesting, you know, to get to know someone new that doesn’t cling on you all the time, you get what I mean”

I understood him well. The fact she’s not one of our fan, not as annoying as the others. She treats us like we’re normal people. The connection I can feel from her when we were at the coffee shop just now. She’s fine, but I can’t tell yet how I feel about her. “Oh right, I wonder if she’s coming later. It’ll be great if we can take pictures together”. We passed by her apartment, I don’t want to make it seem obvious that she’s staying there. “If only I have her number and invite her tonight” Himchan kicked the pebbles once. It seems that he doesn’t own her number yet.

-

BYG:

You comin to that place?

 Hyerin:

No. Min’s group not competing 2night

BYG:

Come down at 8pm, I’ll walk w you

Hyerin:

But why? If I do want to go, You don’t have to fetch me. I’m not going

BYG:

8pm sharp

-

“Who are you texting with?” “an alien” I paced up to our destination, Himchan questioned gazillion of times.

YA! B.A.P’S HERE!!!! AAAAAAA WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

“Ya bang yongguk, are you ready for later?” “As always Zico, as always” I bro fist him. “Oh and can you do me a favour? Set this up for me before it’s my turn” I hand over my laptop. “place it on the turntable” “sure dude, leave it on me” I went down from the mini backstage and scan for the other members. “I guess now is the right time then” I hurriedly go out and in few minutes I’ve reach at Haerin’s apartment entrance.

“Three more minutes to 8pm” I stood there near the security post.  “I hate you” I turned around, Haerin with her red varsity jacket, short shorts, Nike wedges sneakers. “Yet you’re well prepared” I grinned. “Shut up, let’s just go” “and now you’re the one who wants to walk first?” “LALALALALA” I laugh and followed her.

“Why are you dragging me there? I really wanted to rest at home you know” She walks swinging her hand looking around.

“I’m performing later, you’ve never seen me right? I just wanna show you off who Bang Yongguk is”

“Rightttt” By the time we reach there, Zico ran towards me, “Ya! You’re up! Come on! Cube Art Academy’s up on stage already, I think they’re up to something!” I ran through the crowd “stand here” I told Haerin.

“ALRIGHT HOLD UP HOLD UP, BYG’S IN THE HOUSE NOW YA’LL. NOW YOU’LL NOW THAT WE HAVE TO PICK UP SOME RANDOM PAPERS TO FOLLOW THE THEME AS STATED. ILHOON, YOU FIRST!”

Ilhoon randomly twirl the papers everywhere from the big round container, “Duet. Oh ho damn, at least I have my baby girl here, g.na”

“OH HOO ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, ILHOON’S THREATENING YOU RIGHT NOW EII YONGGUK”

I’m screwed.

YOU; HAERIN’S POV:

Ilhoon started of rapping. The song started off very cheeky, after the first verse, the girl came out dancing alongside Ilhoon. Their friends sang along to ‘OPPS OPPS OPPS’. You look at Yongguk, standing anxiously for his turn,

“OPPA! I’LL SING WITH YOU!” “YA OPPA, I’LL HELP YOU, WE CAN BEAT THEM” “CAN YOU ACTUALLY SING?” “NO” “OH MY OPPA, HOW~~?”

Daehyun ran beside you, “Yongguk hyung, how will he perform. This never happened before, This competition is held out by their school, not ours. This is something new..”

“Is there really no one can help Yongguk to do the duet?” You asked Daehyun.

“You’re missing the point here Haerin, Yongguk’s different. He doesn’t approach girls; in fact, he never had any girlfriend too”

You nodded, getting nervous for him. Ilhoon’s done with his performance without even listening to it properly. You ped your bag and take out a pendrive. “Hey Daehyun, I’m sorry but, can you hold my bag for me”

Daehyun grabbed it with his eyes open, “Ya, what are you doing?” You hesitated a bit but in the end, you decided to go up the stage. Yongguk approaches you and stopped you. “What are you doing?!”

“Move away” You went around Yongguk and gave Zico you’re pendrive. “And Zico, click the mp3 file name Going Crazy”

You went towards Ilhoon and pulled his microphone away from his hand. Yongguk once more trying to stop you from doing so. He held your wrist, You pulled from his grip and said, “You called me down to come here, You wanted to show me who you are! At least, please, make it worth it, trust me, please just let me help you with this”

You gave Zico the signal, and the piano starts playing, you sang the first verse. Yongguk was stunned, you told Zico to stop and you approach Yongguk, “Just, synchronize with my lines, You can do this. Remember you told me you don’t listen to the beats and all? Listen to what I’m singing, just reply, I know you can do this” Yongguk gripped his microphone hard and turn away, this time, he gave the start signal to Zico.

The music starts over and you sang the first verse again:

It’s not love,

This isn’t love

It’s just your obsession

Wherever,

Whatever I do,

It’s frightening,

The you who watches me

You signal Yongguk that it’s his turn, and so he raps:

I follow in your shadow,

I make a phone call,

I became thrilled at the sound of your shaking breath,

My heart runs after your increasingly quick steps,

I think I’ll go crazy,The long nights get darker,

Under the dead streetlamp in front of your house,

I’m watching you through the crack in your window,

Until the night ends,

Come on and find me,

You keep playing a suffocating game of hide-and-seek with me

You, you, you,

You’re inseperable from me!

As soon as Yongguk ended his part, everyone went completely wild!! The girls climb up the stage, the other members hugged Yongguk. He raised his mic as a sign of victory.

“ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, EVERYONE KNOWS WHO IS THE WINNER NOW!! THAT WAS TIGHT YONGGUK MY MAN!!”

You were pushed away to the side, one fan completely ran and strongly pushed you down the edge. You fell down the the ground off the stage on your right knees, “Ugh it’s bleeding”

“Ya, are you alright?!” Someone lend his hand, You look up and saw it’s Daehyun. “It’s nothing,  I’ll just wash it off” You gave him a smile. “You really did it Haerin aa! Yongguk won!”

You felt sad hearing it’s he who won, despite you helped him. “Thanks for carrying my bag, I have to go now” You walk away from Daehyun, “Now? But youre not staying to celebrate?”

You turned back one last time, “It’s alright, I need to be home by now anyway” You went quickly out to the streets.

YONGGUK’s POV:

I did it, I won. But, she helped me. I could’ve given up earlier.

“Ya! Yongguk hyung, that was the best!” Daehyun hand shaked me. “I tried to stop Haerin too just now, but wow she’s too stubborn”

“Haerin?” I looked around but there’s no sigh of a female wearing a red varsity jacket. “She went off already though” Daehyun continued.

“Who went out?” Himchan overheard the conversation, “Haerin” said Daehyun, “She’s bleeding”

“WHAT?!” Himchan and me yelled. I pulled Daehyun by the collar, “WHY IS SHE BLEEDING?!”

“Hyung, ah” I loosen my grip, “Well, she fell of the stage just now after being shoved off by your fans”.

“Where is she now then?!” I panicked, my heart beats racing hard, “She left few minutes ago, I guess she’ll still be on the streets right now”

As soon I was about to move away, Youngjae and the rest call for a ceremony.

“Yongguk, I’ll go and find her, you need to stay here after all, you’re the main now” Himchan said to me and went off out the fence to find Haerin.

Haerin, are you alright?

You; Haerin’s POV

“I need to buy a water bottle and wash this off, or mom will scold me” You went to the nearest convenience store and bought a water bottle and a tissue. You slowly find a spot with a small drain to wash off the bleeding. “Ugh this is worse” You untwist the bottle cap and squinted your eyes before pouring it on your knees.

 “Let me do it”

“Oh, Himchan..”

He bent down and wet the tissue you bought, “stand still, I’ll do it for you. I know it’ll sting but, just endure it, I’ll do it gently” You can feel the cool water wipe off from you knee, Himchan slowly pour another on a tissue and wipe it off. “Wait here” He gave you the bottle to hold it first. You nodded and he entered the convenience store again.

“I’ll bandage it up for you, don’t move” He unwrap the bandage, slowly sticking it on your knee. “Done” You look down on your knee and bent it twice. “Thank you, Himchan”

He swiftly played with your hair, ruffled your bangs, “you’re welcome clumsy”

You took a step back quickly, “How many times must I warn you?!” Himchan laughed, “Don’t get mad after I helped you, I’ll walk you home tonight. Where do you live?”

You slowly walk and he too followed your pace, “Two blocks from here. There’s an apartment there, that’s where I live” Himchan walks really close beside you. He talked about how brave you were and praising you never endingly. 

“Stop it, I’m doing it for a friend”

“A friend” Himchan repeats.

At the main entrance, Himchan endlessly waved you, “goodnight! Bye!” “bye kim himchan” “bye bye!” “stop it! Haha I’m going in now see ya at campus!”

 YONGGUK’s POV

It hurts, I don’t know why but it hurts. I can feel the pain I’ve never experienced before. The way Himchan helped her just now.Is this love? Is this jealousy? Kim Haerin, again I ask, why are you doing this to me?

I should’ve not followed and stalked my room mate, but my heart can’t handle it.They look more than just  a friend.

-------

Chapter 5's Preview:

: Treasured memories.

“Why do you like taking pictures?”

“Well, the story goes like this. When I was little, I grew up with my grandparents, and then………”

---

Hey guys! Do drop of some comments on how you think it is so far ^^ I will try to make it more and more interesting for you guys, for those who are following this ff, thank you so much and i hope you'll wait for the upcoming chapters! 많이 많이 기다리죠! 고마워요 여러분들이^^