Dont get on my nerve.

Even if I'm in jail, it's okay - if only I have you, I can still live.

Yongguk’s POV

12, 13, 14, 15..

“Ya, stop doing push-ups and let’s get going to class. I won’t wait any longer”

Who is he talking like that to me when he, himself, has been looking at the mirror for almost an hour now fixing his hair due and practicing his smiling and posture for that matter.

18 19 20..

I got up, button up my school uniform over my white sleeveless shirt underneath. I tapped his shoulder and head out towards the dorm’s hallway right away.

 “Ya! Yongguk! Aish! You punk!”

I laugh out a short laugh and ignored him.

“Hey, Yongguk!” “Ssup yongguk!” “Yo sir!” and bro fist some of them, my friends, Zelo, Daehyun, Jongup, Youngjae. They were waiting at the dormitory’s lobby as usual before we head off to our registration class.

“Himchan hyung?” the youngest asked, always on his skateboard.

“Yongguk ya!” He strangled me from behind; I pushed him away, smirking. “You were wasting your time looking at the mirror while I was just trying to kill time and build up my muscles”

“ho ho ho! uri Yongguk hyung!” Daehyun teased a bit. “What what why?” I exclaimed.

“for the girls I guess?” I grabbed Jongup by the collar. His eyes were bulging wide, freaking out of himself.

Zelo pushed us apart, “no, hyung no! don’t fight! Please!” Zelo’s quick reaction made us bursted into laughter.

We all laughed it off in the end and walk along the grass to our campus area. Talking all at once together, the girls flooded our way from time to time. Himchan with his never-ending sweet-talking response, Daehyun speaking in accent making the girls screaming, Zelo riding his skateboard showing some tricks to impress them girls. Same goes to Youngjae and Jongup taking gifts from them.

Me?

“oppa, you were so cool last night at Hongdae!” “Oppa! Accept my gift please!” “Oppa, I like the way you rap! You really were so hot!”

That’s who I am. Bang Yongguk, That underground rapper in Hongdae, I perform mixtapes from time to time with this army I have, B.A.P. We’re that top 5 high rated group in that night club.

“Ergh, so noisy!” I paced up trying to get out of the crowded fangirls and not intentionally I accidentally nudge a student away. But I don’t care. They’re not supposed to be on my way. The others called out and followed along behind me.

 

...

 

You; Haerin’s POV

“You sure you don’t want me to send you off to the academy dear?” she teases you from the end of the dining table.

“mom, seriously, your daughter is brave enough to handle these its-a-new-school situation. I’ll be fine” I stood up, grabbed a slice of bread. “I’ll be home soon mom!” “Alright dear, do not get into trouble!” You waved and head to academy. You let out a sigh, feeling all so uncomfortable just thinking of how to fit in the academy, how to make friends. It was easier in the US where you made friends earlier when you were in kindergarten. But now things changed, this time permanently. Your dad ended his job in US and transferred back to Korea permanently.

It wont be that bad, Haerin. Be positive, think positively. What could possibly go wrong if you just dont do anything causing trouble.

You reminded yourself all the way after passing two blocks, there it is. The Art academy your dad enrolled you in. You pulled your backpack strap, lifting it up and let out an exhale. You wandered after the entrance, looking left and right, observing how the people are. You heard and inaudible screaming approaching from behind. As soon as you turned around, a guy pushed you to the side and making you step a few steps aside.

You frowned to look at who the person was; your expected apologies were not given. He doesn’t even bother to turn around. All you see is his back, that red cap and read backpack. Another 5 guys walk passed by you and the girls shoved you further aside. Screaming hysterically.

What the hell. Who are them? Ergh. I just need to find my class.

You saw a guy with his coat on, and seeing his badge “prefect” finally! I shall ask him for directions then.

“Excuse me, I’m new here. I’m searching for class B-3?”

“Oh! Well welcome to our TS art academy newbie!” he laughed and stretch his hand the direction to walk. “Follow me, I’ll show you where it is. Perhaps a little tour then”

You nodded. He pointed the way to cafeteria, library, student lounge, computer room and then.. you heard a loud noisy class, by the time you passes the front opened door, you saw him. That guy that pushed you aside. You some of the female classmates whispering each other, looking exactly at them.

Jerks.

“Don’t mind them, they’re like the popular ones in this school. You wont be in that class, here’s your class, B-3.” It’s located just beside them boys’ class B-4.

At least I wont don’t need to hear some girls sounded being possessed.

“Thank you for showing me around!” You bowed when both of you stop near the door. You stood for awhile, looking for an empty seat. You scanned around while the others were looking at you as if you were a criminal.

“Here’s empty” You redirected your view by the voice. Slowly you sat down and gulp.

“I’m Min” her face was expressionless. Short hair, wearing a black varsity jacket.

“Haerin, or Rin for short” You nodded once. “Do they have to be that way? I mean staring like as if I killed somebody..”

Min smiled at you,she look at them and rolled her eyes, replied, “Yeah. I don’t know well either. I joined 3 months ago too. I’m sort off a newbie too. But I got the hang of it. Things different here than in the the States”

You were surprised after hearing she’s from the States too, “I’m from there too, by the way” you sigh.

“Oh really? Nice nice.” She nodded and punch you lightly on your right arm.

Thank God, someone I can relate with.I’m not sure if I can smile just yet.

The bell rang and Min decided to show you around by locating each class you have in your schedule. It turns out the first period is her free slot. You skipped the first period for the sake of not getting lost tomorrow.

“It’s second period now Rin, I have to go attend my dance class. It’s my major so yeah, don’t want to be late.” She walked few steps and turned around once more “ Oh! And come join me and my friends for lunch later after 4th period. Meet us at the cafeteria!” Min walks away for sure now. After losing her sight, you pulled out your mobile phone and checks the time. I have 2 hours to waste.I guess I should check out the notice boards for clubs to join in.

You approach the notice board, scanning for an interesting flyers.

Swimming club? No. Taekwondo? Na uh. Voluntering club. Well, I can do that I guess. Photogr----

SMACK!! SOMEONE SLAPPED THE FLYER! YOU FIDGETTED AND YOUR HEART BEAT RACES.

A tall, well dressed guy leaned over the notice board, facing you while crossing his arm. His eyes were so slanted, immediately you recognized it was one of the six guys.

“Photography club?”

“Huh?” You stared him in the eyes.

“Photography club” He leaned forward near you, “You want to join us?”

“Huh? Ah, oh. No I’m not sure if i---“

“Join us!” He interrupted your sentence and smiled widely. So innocent looking. So pure. So…..

“I don’t own a camera, that’s the thing. Those DSLR camera? Na uh. I only own a small 24MP digital camera” You reassured him to avoid any persuasion.

“Oh come on, join us. That’ll be fine too, or You can bor---“

“NO! I uh.. I’ll think about it” You look down the floor.

He was about to say something until someone from behind shouted, “Ya Kim Himchan! Are you coming or not?!”

I turned around, It’s them again. Himchan tapped my shoulder and said “Think about it, okay? “ He smiled and went off along with his friends.

I’m not a fan of taking pictures. But I guess I’ll give it a shot. It’s.. Tomorrow? I guess I have time to browse for a new camera later, with the help of my dad.

Walking here and there, you realized people were coming out of their classes, It’s lunch time. I better meet them at the cafeteria. One huge cafeteria. Different stalls were in there, western cuisine, eastern, Korean cooking, desserts, mini snack stores. Wow. So many people I cant find them.

You slowly passed by every table full of different group of friends. You felt so strange, a total nobody.

This is embarrassing, awkward and all. I should pretend I’m on my phone then while scanning each tables.

“Well, hello again!”

You recognized the voice from the guy earlier, You didn’t realized you actually stood right in front of their table.

How did I end up here! Egh, I can’t run away, I mean.. Oh well here goes..

“hey there, again“ WHY WHY WHY AM I HERE.

“alone? you can join us if you want to” he pointed the empty seat right beside that guy with the read cap.

As if I want to sit right beside him after how rude he was.

You were about to reply a no thank you but THAT guy reacted first. He placed his bag on top of the empty seated chair and said “Go find another space, this seat taken”

WITH ALL YOUR ALMIGHTY GUTS YOU REPLIED,

“I wasn’t going to sit there. And just so you know I have a friend to search for. Lastly, chairs are for humans to sit, not.. bags!” You turned swiftly around luckily, you finally saw Min at the other side!

“Haerin!! Here!!” You look at that red cap guy and showed your tongue, “mehrong”

“AISH THAT GIRL!” his friends held him down while you walk towards Min’s table.

“Oh my God, Rin. That was mean! I mean, in a good way though. I never seen anyone brave enough to embarrassed Yongguk ”

Yongguk?  So that’s his name.

He was on my nerve”

“He does that. All the time.” You look to whom was answering.

“Oh im sorry Haerin, Their my friends, Jia, Fei, Amber and Bora. We’re in the same major, dancing”

“Oh, I see. Hello, nice to meet you guys”

“Hahaha, and yeah. Don’t have to politely speak with us. Formal or not, whatever, be comfortable. We wont bite” uttered Amber.

“Uh, yeah I’ll try to” You smiled and they replied with a smile too.

“I have an idea to ease up this atmosphere, Let’s hang out later night at Hongdae, Haerin. It’s where most of the Art Academies get together for small competitions. From singing, dancing, artwork” Min suggested. You listened carefully and kinda interested to join them.

“I guess I can join you guys later. I’m planning to buy something later; I’ll meet you guys later then” You reassured them once more and went to get something to eat. Your day at school ended after lunch. You went straight home.

“I’m home!”

“Oh, Hello! How’s the academy dear?” She was still in the kitchen.

“It was fine. I made some friends as well.. and oh mom! I’m going out later tonight”

She went out of the kitchen, “Oh really? With your friends? Alright then, go ahead. But remember, like in US, you still have your curfew dear. I trust you to take care of yourself, perhaps at least before midnight, be back home. Alright?” You stood near the staircase and nodded your mom.

-----

Hello! Thanks for reading. I know it’s sorta’ slow long opening chapter, but I can assure you I wont disappoint you if you stay tune for more! :))

Preview:

Chapter 2 : A night out at Hongdae: Haerin went out to buy a DSLR camera before heading to Hongdae. However, something bad happened..

“Let go of my bag! Help!!”

Haerin, you fool.