A night out in Hongdae.

Even if I'm in jail, it's okay - if only I have you, I can still live.

Yongguk’s POV:

“We got the power, I got the power. Don’t submit.. Sub.. mit under them. Don’t be like that and lift your head up. Yes! yes, that’s it” I confidently scribbled a blank paper.

“What the hell are you talking about? Power?” Himchan, as usually looking at the mirror, getting ready to go out for the night.

I grab a pillow and threw it at him on the head. “Shut up. It’s the lyric I’m working on for later. Just in case they’re asking for an encore” I brag and smiled confidently.

“Ah! My hair! Ya! Aish.. There you go again, creating lyrics. You’re not prepared either. The rest are already waiting outside.” Himchan grabs his camera and shoved it in his bag.

I looked at the time, “Well, you guys can go ahead. I’ll tag along later then. Just need to finish this up more”

“Really? Alright then, meet you up later. Don’t be late though! Aight!?” Himchan patted my shoulder and went out.

Little did I know the clocks been ticking for 30 minutes after Himchan left. I closed my laptop after retyping it in and packed it in my red back pack. Checks the mirror one last time and grab a green cap, and face mask.

The streets of Hongdae, cars buzzling here and there, stalls opening here and there selling light snacks, after night class students hanging out everywhere, the sound of music you can here blasting out from the night club. That’s my kind environment, where people can just be free and have fun.

“loving~….. you~~~~ ohhh~~~~” a drunk man staggering  its way towards me with a bottle of beer on his hand. He slowly walks like a zombie.

“this is pathetic..” I look to another direction and it’s the traffic light I need to cross. As soon as it turns red, suddenly a glass broke into pieces. I look back, it was that ahjusshi earlier. Well I wouldn’t actually say he’s that old. He’s like in his 30s, perhaps. Looking at the red light twice, I decided to ran and help him up.

“Its~~ Okay honey~~~” He gently touch my cheeks and I boggled my head away from his hand yet still trying to make him stand.

“Eish, ya! Can you or can you not walk?!” I frown, helplessly trying to ensure his stance. He finally stood properly and starts singing away.

I scratch my head, not understanding this stupid situation. “Why did I even help him at the first place..” I pressed the traffic light’s button so I can get across.

“NOOO!! STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!”

My eyes wide open and scan through behind me after hearing a female’s voice. It’s red light again.

“This is ridiculous” I punch the traffic light’s pole and head away towards where the sound came from. I ran pass one block and there they are. In that dark alley, a man was trying to get near a women and tries to drag her bag away.

“HELLPPPP PLEASE!!!”

I clenched my fist and pulled that man away.

“WHAT! WHAT! YOU’RE GOING TO HIT ME?!” He threatened his face closer.

“AH GREAT, ITS YOU” I pushed him away further with my left hand, clenched my right fist really tightly now. This man was the one that was wasted before. I can hear the girl behind me sobbing.

“GO AHEAD THEN, HIT ME” he provokes me more. Not being able to handle it.

“You ask for it” I gave him one strong lower jab on his stomach making him fell to the floor . I sat down, both knees bent. I smirked and said “It hurts right?” The girl behind me still sobbing, cradling her bag tightly. You, Haerin.

“Ya, stop crying and go where youre heading. He wont bother you anymore” I look him in the eye, “right?” I stand up, set off leaving them behind.

“Hongdae.. Uh! No waaaaait!” She pulled my sleeves. I pulled away which made her surprised a little. She seems petrified and kept looking around her surroundings. I’m not being too mean, she seems too fragile at this moment.

“Go. Ahead of me. You’re heading to Hongdae too. I’ll follow you behind” I gave her a gentle push forward. I slide my hands in my pocket not looking her to make sure she’s not too embarrass for that matter.

She slowly went towards the traffic light, looking back once, twice and thrice.

“You know what, It will not change that longer if you don’t” I stretch my hand to press the button. She sigh and said “sorry, I wasn’t aware”

The light blinked green. Her pace increases and slowly we can hear people cheering, shouting, the beat, the people walking here and there with their hands  with red cups.

HIMCHAN’s POV

“LOOK WHO DO WE HAVE HERE! BANG YONGGUK YOU GUYS!!” Everyone cheered and surrounded him. “Yongguk, what took you so long?!” I placed my arms over his shoulders. Instead of greeting the crowd, Yongguk’s sight where somewhere else. I traced and found he was watching Haerin walking away to her friends. Did something happen between them? Oh well.

“I see you soon punk, I’m going to see my girls” I laughed and left Yongguk. “Alright bro” He patted my back once and I went to get some drinks. This place is huge enough surrounded my green fence. The right section of this area are where people competes for singing, rapping, where Yongguk’s fame is. The middle part of this area is where people gather, long walls stretches from one end to another filled with graffiti, only those are qualified allowed to spray their marks here. Then, there’s the left wing, where the bass is quite louder than any of these three section. The dance area, people show of their skills time to time and compete. Every area is divided by the green fences per section, yet people are able to mingle everywhere they want. This is Hongdae afterall.

I felt so hoarse and decided to grab a drink from the cooler provided by anyone who wants to contribute. I chose a bottle coca-cola and start drinking it down until its halfway done.

“seriously, were you that thirsty?” I chuckled and wipe my mouth. “Oh, Haerin aa! Haha, well, yeah. I came quite early with Zelo just now, the tall kid. You know. Well, yeah haha” I twist lock the bottle cap. She sat down knees bent looking inside the cooler. Tapping her chin with her pointing finger thinking what to pick.

“I don’t know what’s good here. I loved bliss yogurt from the states, I don’t drink carbonated drinks as well” She wondered for awhile. I smiled and sat right beside her too. I scan through each one and found a small Apple Tropicana bottle and pulled it out, “This one?”

She smiled and twisted it open and gulp it down. “Oh, this is good! Thanks by the way, I better get going now. My friends dancing soon” She waved and went into the crowd trying to push away to get a good view.

Zelo and Jongup’s up too in any moment.

HAERIN’s POV

THE CROWD CHEERING OUT LOUD, CALLING EACH OF THE DANCER’S NAMES! GO ZELO, GO ZELO!! GO JONGUP!! SHOW EM’ GIRLS HOW BOYS RULE!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

“I should try that camera I’ve unpacked just now”

ping your bag, you pulled the camera by the neck strap.

“Okay, I think this is where I switch it on?” You look through the lens and display but nothing came out. You tilt your head and started to get annoyed.

“The lens cover, fool” You turned the camera and saw its still closed. That explains everything. You look to your right, it’s Yongguk, and right beside him was Himchan. It seems like he doesn’t know youre there. Yongguk is that tall and well build, the crowds jumping up and down cheering for Zelo and Jongup. You can hear Himchan’s “Yoksi!! Uri MAKNAE YAAAA!! WOOOO WOOO” cheer.

“Its new. That’s why. I just bought this just now before that—“

“Okay” He interrupted you and kept concentrating on the performance. “I mean, thank you, again” He seems not to be listening to you anymore.

I raised the camera, and tried to focus properly and snap pictures twice. You look at the preview. It’s blurry, “Huh? The setting probably?” You decided to try it once more. By the time you raise it on eye level; you can feel someone was really close behind you. You felt the warm hand on top of your hand while holding the camera. “Like this, clumsy” He placed your right hand on the lens and slowly rotating the lens until it shows a vivid display. He clicked the button and captures the image. “See” You look at the preview that came out pretty well.

You turned around and saw it was Himchan, ofcourse, “I don’t know how this works, seriously” Himchan grinned and replied “well then, if you come to tomorrow’s photography club, I will gladly help you and you’ll be able to take pictures like a professional standing right in front of you right now” He smiled after bragging about himself. “Lalalala! I can’t hear you actually” You pretended to not to listen to him and get out off the crowds. You found Youngjae, Daehyun and Yongguk chit chatting on a bench. “Haerin ya, you’ll come right?” Himchan followed behind you. All his friends were looking at you two. You turned around and raised both shoulder up  and down once to Himchan, “I’ll think about it” You shoved the camera back in your bag and held your phone to type in a text:

To: Min

 Hey, I have to head of home now. I’ll see you tomorrow!^^

” Himchan! I’m going off now! Bye, And about tomorrow, I’ll come” I smiled.

“You will? Alright! I’ll see you tomorrow then. Wait, are going off alone at this hour? It’s 11plus right now” He stated seriously after checking the time. You reassured him that you will be fine.

YONGGUK’s POV

Haerin, you fool.

She’s walking home alone again just after what had happened just now? Bang Yongguk, what are you thinking of right now.

“Guys, I need to head back to the dorm now. Himchan, I have some assignment to finish off”

“But yongguk hyung, we don’t have any assignment given” said Zelo while cradling his board.

I gulp and tried to make an excuse, “I have.. an overdue homework. You know the one last week we.. well, an overdue homework okay” I grabbed my backpack and went out of the area quickly.

Where are you?

After passing one block ahead, she was still on the streets, gripping her sling bag tightly. Every step she took, she ensures her self looking left and right. She’s getting near towards one club that’s full of wasted people coming out. I ran quickly next to her. I guess she was surprised that she jumps to the sideways.

“Ya!!” She was listening to her iPod all this time. “What? Why are you listening to music when you’re all alone and insecure? You wont be able to know if some footsteps getting near you”

She inhaled exhaled endlessly “Why are you here?!” She look around to see if I’m with the others. “Don’t mind me if I’m listening to music then. I listen to it whenever I want to” she frowned. I guess, she was scared all this time. I can’t just apologize to her, It’s just that. I can’t.

“I need to head towards the dorm early for some assignments.. no wait, seriously. Do not listen to music when you’re all alone on streets”  We continue walking heading our, I mean, her destination.

“Well, It calms me.. Listening to music calms me. At least, it helps me to ignore people from bothering me I guess..” She explained her situation. To be honest, that’s what I’ll do too when I’m alone. Ignoring people, don’t want to be bother for sure. I guess I can’t judge her anymore.

“Youre not here to accom -- ?”

“I said assignments” I quickly replied her, She nodded. We didn’t talk much after that, an awkward silence until she stops near an apartment entrance. “I live here” I scanned around the area. This tall big apartments, she owns a standard I guess. I don’t want to make it seem obvious that I’m actually were accompanying her, I should head off now. “Bye, and thanks!” I raised my hand and went straight off back to dorm- doing absolutely nothing till' Himchan comes home.

Chapter 3's: Like chemical bonding.

"I dont care how the beat, the rhytm is nor the harmony. The content is whats important. The story behind it"

Why heart, why Haerin?