New House

You and I

"And this will be your room from now on " DaeHo said as he pushed the door open. " Oh, I hope you like it, Your sister and i spent a lot of time decorating this room"

     I walked into the room thinking that i would see bright pink wallpaper and teddy bears everywhere,but then again, i didn't know my sister anymore. We don't talk anymore, ever since she left me with my mom and went to college. Instead, the first thing that caught my attention was the large balcony outside of my room. From the balcony, i could see the house next door and the pond in my backyard.

 " So...do you like your bedroom? And did i mention that you have your own bathroom too?" DaeHo smiled at me.

"Thanks, jahyoung( It means Brother-In-Law)" I said while trying to force a smile so to ease the awkwardness between us. I looked up to see my sister SooWon standing in the doorway, arms crossed. I continued to walk around my bedroom. From time to time, i could feel her eyes on me and studying my face.

" Um.. Jahyoung, is that a pond in our backyard?" I asked while pointing my index finger outside.

"Oh, Yes. It's total ecosystem," he said." You know what!You should get your own fish and put it in the pond. I'm taking you fish shopping next Friday wether you like it or not. " he finished the sentence with a bright smile.

"Uh, sure." i sighed as i thought to myself that i would probably be gone next Friday already. "Maybe I'll escape tonight so i don't have to deal with them anymore" I whispered to myself. Luckily, they didn't hear what i said.

I've lived by myself for almost 3 months now. My mom abandoned me, she left without saying a word. When she was around, she wasn't mch of a people person anyway. She was lucky she had me. I would do everything for her. Everytime, when we go to the store, she would always say " SooMin, go buy that for me" or " SooMin, i don't want to talk to that person, she's so annoying. Go get rid of her so we can go home."