We're becomming friends?

Vampires

As if wild fire, the rumors of the newest residents in Seoul spread from one corner of the town to the next. Seoul was a small town perched in the valleys of the gods. It was one of those quiet simple small towns where everyone grew up knowing each other. Bloodlines ran throughout the town's history, embedded into every street and every corner.

Originally founded by the six original families, Seoul was built on trust, faith, and love of one's neighbors. Deep down to it's roots however laid dark secrets inching through the cracks and stones of the land it was built upon. There laid secrets, secrets that were bounded to remain buried.

Naeun woke up when the bright sunlight reached her eyes. While scrunching up her eyes she somehow managed to get out of bed and found herself in her bathroom. Taking a peek at the window where the skies spilled out a deep shade of orange and yellow.

It was another day, it would be just another regular day. Tossing on a pair of faded blue jeans and a green top, she swung her deep brown leather jacket across her shoulders before grabbing her cell phone and bag.

Soft mumbles flowed like music from downstairs as she opened the bedroom door. Walking down the Victorian stairwell of the Son House, built during the founding of the town hundreds of years ago, she found her aunt seated at the counter, a bagel in hand and eyes glued onto the television turned, she was watching the weather report.

"Morning, Naeun." She acknowledge Naeun's presence.

"Good morning, Aunt Kahi." Naeun said as she made her way to grab a bagel, gently spreading butter on it she took a big bite and a sip of her aunt's half drunk glass of orange juice.

"Don't be late tomorrow night, the Fall Festival Party is tomorrow, and we need to be there." Her aunt announced blandly. She nodded her head as she watched her aunt's figure descend towards the back door. "Get to school." Aunt Kahi added before leaving herself.

Naeun loved her aunt dearly. Kahi was the only family Naeun had left, excluding an so-called uncle who never visited unless he needed something or was in a deep dilemma. Kahi took Naeun in when Naeun was at the tender age of four teen.

Naeun's parents, Kahi's brother and sister-in-law, had been killed in a brutal animal attacked while they were returning from some sort of event out of town. The couple's car had mysteriously managed to break down in the middle of the road.

Naeun had been at a sleep over's at Eunji's house and was clueless to the events until the next morning when the brazing flashing lights of the Sheriff's car woke her up from her deep slumber. She had been living with her aunt for almost three years now. Funny isn't it, how time managed to go by so quickly when one isn't paying attention.

Making her way outside, the warm sunlight touching her skin. She stood their for a moment absorbing the warmth that the universe had given to her.

She stuffed her hands into her jacket's pockets as she made her way to school, through Chorong offend offered Naeun a ride, she always refused insisting that walking was good for the soul. Besides, it was Seoul, and nothing ever happened in the small town.

Secretly however, a pair of deep brown eyes followed her all the way throughout her journey to the big school building.

Yawning, he stretched his arms outward, eyes still locked on the figure standing on the other side of the grass. Myungsoo growled. He never did have a liking for the high school life, but maybe this time, it would be different.
--
"So I hear that they're from Europe, but lived in America for sometime. But I also know that their families were originally from here, they are part of the original families, like ours." Chorong ranted by the lockers next to Eunji who stared down at the cell phone, texting .

"Wait, how do you know this?" Naeun asked looking up from her locker which was next to Eunji, Chorong's locker was on the other side to Eunji's. Naeun had never been a curious one, but something about these particular new kids caught her attention.

"I heard by father talking about them to the mayor last night." Chorong answered plainly with a shrug.

"Your father was talking to my father?" Eunji asked out loud, the certain detail involving her father had caught her attention.

"Yeah." Chorong answered while shrugging her shoulders still completely uninterested in where the conversation had lead to.

Eunji was going to question why her father had been talking to the mayor but before her lips could speak a word the doors flew open revealing the figures the whole town had been obsessed with for the last 24 hours.

There stood what one could say was equivalent to the gods themselves. Tall, dark, and handsome. Their walk gave off a powerful feel, one that the gods gave when they descended down to earth . Their walk was one where almost all eyes turned to stare.

Naeun's attention was not one in the same as many around. A headache which seemed as if it had appeared from nowhere had taken over her body causing her to ache in pain. Closing her locker she quickly walked towards the bathroom, which happened to be right across the hallway.

Myungsoo's attention was to Naeun was he watched the girl stumbled into the girl's bathroom, her head hung low and her hands on her forehead.
--

Naeun sighed, irritated with the book in front of her as well as the headache that appeared out of no where.

The latest talk within the last two hours was of the hospital. Apparently the hospital's blood bank was robbed the night before. Odd isn't it, Naeun thought. Who in the world would steal from a blood bank?

Her attention is grabbed when the door slides open, and one of the newest resident to the town walked in. Gasps begin to fill the room, and she tilts her head away from her text book to look at the face of the man who had managed to catch the attention of so many.

He talked to their teacher for a moment. She could only hear hush muffles but then again, she wasn't even paying much attention to the scene.

It isn’t the only available seat in the room, so she found it strange when he choose to sit at the empty seat right next to hers. She tried turning her glare down towards her actual work as she took a drink of her water bottle, praying it could lessen the growing pain in her head.

She didn’t want to look up, but she did. It was like her attention was drawn to him like a moth to a flame, it bothered her knowing this. She supposes that he could be considered handsome, and acknowledges that she could see why all the girls had been talking about how handsome the new residents were. Electricity ran over her, at the sight of him.

A pair of big, deep-brown eyes stared at her piercingly. His soft pink lips drew to a firm line, dark brows drew together, as well as perfectly groomed raven black hair. She felt her cheeks heat up to a crimson pink. He gave off a dangerous and mysterious feel.

Two things she was raised to stay away from. Biting her bottom lip she willed her eyes to break contract with his but found herself still staring at him.

He was also staring at her and she swore that he did look a bit familiar, she had met him somewhere before, she just couldn't place where. Yes, she positively saw him, she had seen him before.

Finally gaining back the ability to control herself Naeun forcefully pulled her eyes away from Kim Myungsoo at forced them to look at the text book. After a quick look at the book she sigh in great defeat. Forget it, she wasn't in the mood to be studying right now.

Closing the text book she scan the room, purposely avoiding Myungsoo, she noticed the remaining of the class also had all their books closed. Most of them didn't even bother to get some in-class work done. They were all to excited about the upcoming Fall Festival Party.

She growl. She reached into her bag and pulled out a particular notebook. Flipping towards an empty page she grabbed her pencil and began drawing. Guess drawing did sooth her, because her headache had managed to disappear in the means of minutes. She smile. Thank goodness, now wasn't the time to be getting sick.

Her mind drifted, like always when she found herself drawing. It took her away, away from all this, away from all the looks, away from all the sympathy cries. People looked at he like she was the sad defenseless girl who had lost her parents. She hated those looks, those cries that managed to drown her inside out to the deeply and greatest degree.

If it wasn't for the small army behind her, guarding her, the army that stood with her through thick and thin, through heaven, hell and everything in between, she would be a lost soul floating about with no dreams, goals, hope. The ticking of the clock slowly drifted off her mind as all that mattered was her creation.

A small smile appeared on her face. Through she knew they hated when she drew them, she still did. Somehow it brought comfort to her in the most unexplainable ways. The smiling faces of Eunji, Chorong, and her aunt Kahi.

"You know that's really good." Someone whispered to her, complimenting her image. She looked up and bend her will to not let dropped open right now. Kim Myungsoo. Apparently the bell had already rang, but in her deep stance she had blocked it out. She wasn't in a rush through, it was lunch hour.

"No it's not." She replied modestly. In all honestly, this wasn't even the best Naeun could do. It was just a simple sketch to make time somehow fly by faster.

"No, it really is good." He retorted back at her. She gave him a small smile.

"I'm Son Naeun." She introduced herself taking out her hand. He smiled back, yes, with that god given smile.

"I know. I'm Kim Myungsoo." He answered shaking her hand. Both pulled back at the sudden shock of electricity that zapped its way into both of them.

"Friends?" He asked.

"Hmm...." Naeun paused for a second before understanding what he meant. She looked back down to the drawing and nodded. "Two of them are, the other is my aunt." She answered.

"Seems like you're close to them." He suggested. Naeun smiled again. If only she knew how her smile killed the guy standing in front of her.

"Yes, I am close with them. Extremely close. Eunji, Chorong and I grew up together actually." She replied. "All three of us had been together since we could crawl on all fours."

"That's nice. You know, always having people there for you." Myungsoo responded. He too has had people that have been there with him since birth. And they're still with him, even after four hundred years.

"They are always there for me....Now, let me tell you something about my friends. Eunji and Chorong...they, they make me truly bless. I think I got really lucky to have people like them in my life. They're the....type of people could would make you breakfast, and even show up on your doorstep with food when you're sick. You know what I mean, like the idiots that will run through the pouring rain, just to give you a hug. Or they will push you into a six foot pool just to teach you how to swim." Naeun explained looking at her drawing. Her eyes heard a pure light, one unexplainable, but one full of beauty.

"Yeah. I know what you mean. My two other friends that came here with me....even through you don't know them, let me warn you.....those two are....in the oddest, weirdest sense....stupid." Myungsoo announced. Naeun was taken back by his sudden statement. She didn't say anything through and let him continued.

"They are stupid fools that will jump in front of a speeding car just to push you out of the way, knowing they could also end up dead. And, through they don't show it, they notice when something's wrong. Through they don't ask questions they can tell when there's something bothering me. They both give crap advice, but somehow you end up following their advice and everything turns out okay. Those are my friends." Myungsoo finished. Naeun couldn't help by let loose a smile.

"Yeah, guess our friends are exactly the same aren't they." Naeun announced. Myungsoo couldn't help but also agree.