Coming back

Vampires

Naeun starred at the clock for the fifth time in the last minute. Her pencil tapping against the wooden desk. She was dangerously close to the verge of slowly closing her honey brown eyes and falling a sleep, drifting off into her own private dreamland.

The rest of the class was exhausted as well. Several heads fell against the wooden desks and heavy eye lids from several of her classmates were closed.

She turned her head towards the open windows, praying it could distract her until the bell rung excusing her from school. It was one of those days where the sun was shining brightly and the birds could clearly be heard.

Naeun felt her stomach twist inside out for some odd reason. Usually when she felt this way, it usually meant something big was going to occurred. Her good friend, Jung Eunji, claimed it was intuition, but Naeun could bother to argue otherwise.

The sound of the bell brought her back to her senses. She packed all her things quickly and exited the classroom, which by now was half empty. Making her way through the crowded hallways she exit through the back door.

Chorong and Eunji would be staying late today, they were both members of the Dance Committee. Usually Naeun would stay, mainly because she was also a member, but today was special. Today she had to be somewhere. Tugging onto her bag she walked faster taking the small road bridge by the back of the school. The rushing of the clear water under the bridge filled her senses.

The warm light touched her porcelain skin and the wind picked up light strands of her hair as she walked. It was quiet. She liked quiet. There were times when all she desired for was the peace and quietness, she found moments like this hard to gain.

Taking quick, fast turns she found herself at her location. Stepping onto the hill where the sun shined even more brightly down upon, she fell onto her knees. A slight smile appeared onto her face.

"Hey mom, hey dad." She mumbled under her breath, a touch of light was hinted in her voice, along with the pain of the memories of her parents death filled her mind.

She quickly let that thought escape her head as she brought her eyes onto the two stoned gravestones.

"I miss you guys so much. How are you guys doing?" She asked trying her best to sound as bubbly and cheerful as possible. It wasn't like her to be bubbly or cheerful, but sometimes she found masking her feelings would help hold back all the pain stored up inside her.

Crossing her legs and pulling out a specific notebook and a pencil she looked towards the trees. It was early fall, the leaves of the trees blew gently alongside the mild wind and the perfect sunlight filled the world.

The sound of her pencil shading was all her mind concentrated on. Just her, her notebook, and her pencil. The image became clearer and clearer as she continued. The image of the valley below her where the trees stood, forever bound to it's roots and living forever.

She found drawing soothing. It kept her mind off of....everything. It was her means of escape from the rest of the universe. She could create anything, draw anything, it was all up to her and her imagination.

The sun shifted as her eyes continued to focus on her drawing. The shadows moved as the sun began moving, closer and closer to nightfall. The sky was now the light tint of purple and pink as the sun drew quicker to the horizon.
--
 

Myungsoo found it strange. Oddly strange, it was out of his character. He was admiring her. Her beauty, her light.

He stood far from her, scare if he stepped any closer she could possibly shattered along with the wind and float off. Hidden behind the tall dark trees, no one could possibly see him.

She had been there for hours now. She was simply drawing, her eyes were glued onto her notebook, once in a while they would slowly pick up onto the open valley below. She was in between two gravestones. It wasn't a big cemetery, it was small actually, it was only used to bury the members of the Son family.

She assumed she must be a member of the Son family. It made sense. The Sons were always a good looking bunch.

By now he had picked up on a few of her tendencies. The way she would touch her long brown hair that flowed like pure silk, the moments where she would wrinkle her nose, and the way her eyes would just look back to the two gravestones, her round eyes staring so openly and painfully, as if she carried all the weight of the universe within her soul.

She was different. She was different from all the humans he had ever met. He took pride in his ability to read people. She was different through, a real mystery. In the back of his mind he knew this wasn't a good sigh.

This only meant that he would be even more curious to read her, to see her, to meet her, to know her. And curiosity was quiet a dangerous thing.