Thank you, Kris. I really just want him happy.

So, We're Kind of a Little Clichéd too.

>>> If you haven't read the HunHan fic, there's gonna be a part where you might get curious as to what happened between Luhan and Sehun. It's on Chapter 4 & 5 of Of Movie Clichés if you want to read.<<<

---------------------------

Kris comes home about 2 hours later after sending Tao off in the airport. He's dropped the couple in Chanyeol's apartment earlier and he drags himself to inside their shared place alone. He checks his watch and it's almost 6 in the evening. Only three hundred plus hours left until Tao comes home.


Kris walks to the kitchen and finds a post-it note pasted on the fridge, 'Please, please, pleaaaase don't burn down the kitchen! Left some food for you, just heat it up in the microwave.'

He opens the fridge and there are containers with labels for the days until Friday. He took one labelled as Monday and there's a note, 'Pretty sure you're gonna eat out during lunch with the team, so eat what I left for you 'til Friday.' Kris smiles widely, and thinks just how lucky he is to have a very thoughtful partner.

He pops the container in the microwave and presses the 1-minute button, he's halfway towards the bedroom to change when his phone rings on the kitchen counter. He walks back to retrieve it, thinking twice whether to answer or not because it isn't Tao.

"Hello?"

'BAEKHYUN IS LEAVING ME!!!'

"And this concerns me, why?"

'I need someone who's suffering like me!'

"Tao isn't breaking up with me, so leave me alone." The microwave pings and Kris takes out the heated container. Fine, dinner first before changing clothes.

'Baekhyun isn't breaking up with me! He just got a call from his high school friends informing him about their flight to Thailand.'

Kris rolls his eyes and continues to listen to Chanyeol's rant while he eats, until he notices the time on the clock on his wall, "Look, dude. My boyfriend might call any time now, why don't you come over and sleep here? Bring some gym clothes for tomorrow too."

'Gym clothes?'

"Train with me, put those gangly arms of yours into good use."

'Okay. I'll see you in an hour.'

Kris ends the conversation and takes the container to the sink. He heads to the bedroom to change his clothes, then sits on the bed. He opens his drawer and takes out a polaroid he took secretly the night he gave Tao their promise rings.

His lover was already asleep then and had his arm over Kris' chest - silver ring glistening on his finger. Kris locked his fingers with Tao's so that both their hands were over his chest and their rings were seen. He took a picture and the momentary flash made Tao flinch that Kris placed the polaroid camera immediately on the floor to hide it from his younger boyfriend.

Kris laughs at the memory but smiles genuinely as he stares at the polaroid picture. He walks out of the bedroom, polaroid picture in one hand his phone on the other. He's just finished pinning the said picture in the middle of the corkboard when his phone rings, he's too pre-occupied to check who's calling that he just answers immediately.

"You here already?"

'Are you cheating on me?!

"TAO!!?? What??! No! I was waiting for Chanyeol!"

Tao laughs at the other end of the line and it makes Kris smile so wide, "I'm gonna babysit that giant. Looks like Baekhyun forgot that he's going to Thailand today. Chanyeol called earlier to rant."

'Ahh, that's why I couldn't get through.'

"Remind me to commit murder once he arrives. I was waiting for your call. I'm glad you're safe." Kris walks to the bedroom to grab a marker and returns to the corkboard, "How was your flight?"

'I cried half of the flight and slept the next half.'

"Why did you cry? I hate that I wasn't there to comfort you." Kris is smiling as he writes a question under the polaroid picture. He notices that Tao has gone quiet for a few seconds, "Tao?"

'Because I love you.' Kris hears Tao sniffle from the other end of the line, 'I love you so much. It feels good to say it and it felt amazing to hear it from you. I'm just so overwhelmed.'

Kris turns quiet and sits on the floor under the corkboard, "I love you, too. Come home soon, I have a surprise for you."

Kris knows that Tao is still trying to keep himself from crying when the younger asks, 'Will I like it?'

"I'm not sure, but it's life-changing."

'Is it?'

"Yeah, by the way, found the food. When did you have time to cook those?"

'I have my ninja skills.'

"Seriously."

'Whenever you're asleep. I only used some ingredients left from the dinner I made you before. And I added stuff when we were shopping. I didn't want you to starve.'

"You're amazing. You're the best boyfriend ever."

Tao giggles from the other end of the line, 'I know, right?'

"Yeah. That's why I'm in love with you."

'I'm in love with you, too.'

Kris then hears Tao's name being called in the background and a faint sound of a woman's coos. And then he hears Tao's voice when he's blushing (Kris knows Tao's voice goes a pitch higher when blood rush to his cheeks) 'MAMA! STOP!'

"You go and be with our mama and papa."

'OUR mama and papa?'

"Did I say that? Hahaha, YOUR mama and papa."

'Alright. Goodnight, Kris. Good luck on your training tomorrow."

"I'll call you during breaks. Good night, babe. I love you."

'I love you.' Tao ends the call and Kris sighs. He drags himself up from the floor and watches TV. About 20 minutes later, there's a knock on the door. Kris opens it to find Chanyeol looking at him with puppy eyes. "Don't do that. You look like a kicked puppy. Come in."

Chanyeol walks in and his eyes wander around the room, "It really looks like a newlyweds' abode."

"You were just here this morning."

"But I didn't have time to actually see the place. You were all by the front door when we arrived." Chanyeol explains and places his gymbag on the floor next to the couch, he starts wandering around and stops by the corkboard near the kitchen wall, "Legally, soon?" He reads aloud and turns to Kris who's getting something to drink from the fridge, "Did you two write this?"

"Nope. I did that after I got home earlier." He hands Chanyeol a can of Pepsi. The tall Korean looks at the polaroid picture again, "Are you proposing to Tao?!"

"Yes."

"You've only been together a month!"

Kris shrugs and walks back to the couch, Chanyeol follows him, "We can have forever too. We're practically married anyway, and it's not gonna change anything. It's not like we're planning a family immediately, we can have a long engagement as well."

Chanyeol flips through the channel, "Wish I'm as brave as you. I mean, I'm in love with Baekhyun and all but I'm still scared to move forward to that direction."

"Everybody in their own time. I just feel like I'm ready, and I'm hoping Tao is, too."

Chanyeol pats Kris' back, "I'm quite certain he is, too."

They're in the middle of watching a basketball game when Chanyeol starts ranting about the sudden departure of Baekhyun, it's around 10 in the evening when Kris starts feeling exhausted, "I'm gonna turn in, you can use the pillow and blanket Yixing used yesterday. Wake up around 8, training's at 10."

"Got it. Goodnight, captain."

Kris lies on his bed and grabs his phone to call Tao. After about 5 rings, a sleepy voice answers the call, 'Hello...?'

"Did I wake you?"

'Yes...'

"I'm sorry. Just wanna say good night, I'm about to sleep."

'Ok... Good night, babe.'

"I miss you, I love you."

'Me too. I love you...' Kris then hears Tao's silent snores, he smiles as he listens to Tao's breathing against the other end of the line before ending the call.

-----

For the days that follow, Kris and Tao goes into a routine. Every morning, Tao calls Kris to wake him up, during breaks they call each other, sometimes it's Kris who does, sometimes it's the other way around. At night, Kris calls him again just to bid his boyfriend 'sweet dreams' and 'good nights' before going to bed.

It's Wednesday night and Kris is eating his microwaved dinner when Tao calls him, "Hey, babe."

'Kris-ge, uhm, someone wants to talk to you.'

"Who is it?"

'She's really nice, and you know, just...'

Kris smiles, "Is it your mama?"

'Y-yes...'

"Put her on."

'Okay... Mama. He's gonna talk to you now.' Kris hears some shuffling and Tao's voice fading saying 'don't scare him! He's really nice!' And the blond can only smile even if he's a little scared talking to his boyfriend's mother.

'Hello?'

"Hello, ma'am. Good evening."

'You do have a handsome voice. My son's been gushing about you and showing us your pictures.'

'MAMA!!!!'


"Thank you, ma'am. Your son is beautiful. You've raised him well."

'Thank you, his papa and I tried our best. I'm just gonna make this brief, Kris. I want to thank you for taking care of my son. It means a lot to us that he doesn't feel alone in a foreign country.'

"He won't ever have to be. Uh, ma'am, is it okay if I talk to you without Tao there?"

'Sure. Wait. Huang Zitao, stop guarding me. We're getting a little uncomfortable here.'

'But, mama!'

'OUT.'
 Kris hears shuffling and a door slamming before Mrs. Huang speaks again, 'He's out in the garden. What is it?'

Kris clears his throat and looks at the polaroid picture on the wall, "Mrs. Huang, I... I'm planning to propose to your son once he comes home."

There's silence on the other end of the line and Kris braces himself to a tirade of 'how dare you's, never, not now' and everything that can come out from a protective mother, what he didn't expect is to hear her sob. 'Are you... Serious? I only want Tao to be the happiest boy alive. And I really just want to give him to someone who'll love him as much as we do.'

"I am. I really am. Even if we're fairly new in this relationship, I just... I don't know if I can ever live without him. I just wanted to ask your permission first, then his dad."

'I'll talk to his papa when Tao goes back to Korea, but I approve. I'm sure his papa will, too.'

"We're not gonna get married immediately, I'll wait for him to graduate and then we can start planning."

'Thank you, Kris. I really just want him happy.'

"No. Thank you, ma'am. For raising him, for loving him and accepting him. For sending him to Seoul so I can meet and love him, too."

'Don't ever hurt my only son, don't you dare break his heart or we'll make sure you regret the day you cause him pain.'

"I can't hurt him, ma'am..."

'Mama.'

Kris chokes and almost cries, "I can never hurt him, mama. I'll hurt myself, too."

'I think he's coming back. He just left the garden. I'm gonna give the phone back to him.'

"Thank you, mama. Please keep it a secret for now. I hope to meet you and p-papa soon."

'Of course. I can't wait to meet you as well.'

'Mama! Stop it already! You're talking too long!'


Kris hears Tao's mother chuckle and just gives back the phone to Tao. 'My phonebill is gonna skyrocket now, Kris. And you should rest, alright? Whatever mama said to you, if she threatened you, don't worry, I'll protect you.'

"Mama is an awesome lady."

'Mama?'

"She asked me to call her that."

'Th-that's just, okay. I might start crying again. I miss you. I love you. Good night.'

"Okay. I love you, too. Missing you everyday."

Kris ends the conversation and he starts cleaning the plates then heads for a shower.

'Everything's gonna be perfect.'

-----

The next day, Kris and the rest of the team, alongside the new trainees are having a friendly practice, with Kris giving instructions on the side of the court. It's around 4 in the afternoon when Kris notices someone enter the gym and sits by the bleachers. He recognizes him as Luhan but decides to just carry on, not like he's the only one watching them practice.

Two hours into the training and Kris shouts that there'll be an hour break for everyone. Most of the guys disperse the gym except for Chanyeol and Kris who are still drying themselves with their towels. "Hyung's here." Chanyeol whispers, Kris nods, "Yeah. Like two hours ago."

"Would be rude to ignore him."

"No reason to. He's our friend."

"That's true. But he's in love with you." Chanyeol and Kris turn their heads to look at Luhan who looks like he's frozen in his seat when Chanyeol points at him and waves his hand.

"Okay, he's coming. Let's not be awkward." Kris tells Chanyeol when Luhan walks down from the bleachers and stops to where the two basketball players are standing.

"Hey, hyung! Why are you here?" Kris asks, Chanyeol looks at the captain first then to Luhan, "Yeah... You loathe basketball."

"I was bored? And here, I made these." Luhan shoves a lunchbox to Kris, "You two can eat that." Kris looks at the box handed to him, he looks at Luhan with a raised brow but the older is not looking at him.

"You could stay for a bit, hyung." Chanyeol suggests, "I haven't seen you in a while." Luhan nods and sits on the bench. Chanyeol snatches the lunch box from Kris and opens it first. Kris sits on the other end of the bench as he gets something from his gym bag.

"Woah. These are cute sandwiches, hyung!"

"Thanks!" Luhan says with a smile but there's something in his voice that tells he isn't really happy that Chanyeol opened the box first.

"Here, Kris-hyung...Oh." Chanyeol offers but stops when he sees what the captain is doing.

"Oh?" Luhan asks and sees Kris dialling on his phone, he raises an eyebrow.

"It's lovey-dovey couple time." Chanyeol comments as he takes one bite-sized sandwich whole. He sits on the floor across Luhan, "We started training last Tuesday and every break time, he calls him."

Luhan scoots closer, snatching the lunch box from Chanyeol to offer Kris (and to eavesdrop as well). Kris mutters a silent thanks and smiles at Luhan as he waits for his call to be picked up.

Luhan pouts but still tries to keep his composure, he gives the plastic container back to Chanyeol who takes it whole-heartedly. He looks up to Kris when the team captain speaks suddenly.

"Hey, baby."

Chanyeol does fake-vomitting actions that makes Luhan giggle a bit. Kris just rolls his eyes to the both of them but smiles as he listens to the voice on the other end of the line.

'Hey! How's the team today? Are they having fun?'

"... Yeah. They're enthusiastic, well, I guess that's because it's the first week."

Kris laughs, then continues with the conversation, he notices that Luhan scoots away from him a little and continues to talk to Chanyeol. Kris is focused on Tao's story for the day but he still hears snippets from the other two's conversation.

"How's Sehunah?" Luhan asks Chanyeol who's busy eating his sandwich.

"I thought you're both okay already?"

Luhan nods, "But we haven't seen each other since that Saturday I went to Kai's. It's Thursday and I miss him."

Chanyeol is still eating and doesn't even bother to look at Luhan when he speaks. Kris knows that Chanyeol is aware that he can hear their conversation but the younger Korean lets him hear, "If you miss him that much, you wouldn't be here. This won't be for Kris-hyung."

"It's for the both of you!" Luhan yelps, Kris acts nonchalantly.

"Yeah, right. You don't even know I'm trying out for the team." Chanyeol takes another sandwich without looking at the older, Luhan sighs, still trying to defend himself, "Kris and I are friends now. I don't see anything wrong."

Chanyeol looks up with a wide grin, "So, you're saying... You coming here with food for him, knowing he has a boyfriend who's out of the country, is completely innocent?"

"Well, yeah."

"Rrrright. If you say so." Chanyeol shakes his head, then nudges Kris' leg with his foot, the captain looks at him then takes a sandwich that Chanyeol offers him. Luhan looks at Kris and listens to the conversation again. Kris turns all his attention to Tao now.

"When are you coming home?"

'On Friday, next week. I already told you, mama and papa aren't letting me go that easily.

"Can't you come sooner?"

'I'm gonna fly back there tonight if I can.'

"I really miss you."

'I miss you everyday. OH! By the way, Yixing-ge called me earlier! We're meeting up tomorrow and we'll be going shopping and stuff. I'm getting quite bored here at home.'

"I'm going to kill Yixing. I'm still a better company than he is!"

'Are you jealous? You're the best boyfriend, ever. Yixing-ge got nothing on you.'

Kris laughs, "Yeah. I'm the best boyfriend there is."

'Kris, I really wish you're here... Yixing is good company but, I'm sure... I'll enjoy it better if I can show you around Qingdao. I'll show you the places I went to when I was younger...' Tao starts to sob and Kris knows that his boyfriend is missing him again to the verge of crying, he keeps his silence as the first silent whimpers escape his boyfriend's lips, "Don't cry, baby." Kris finally speaks in hushed tones.

'I miss you, I really, really, miss you. I love you.'

"I miss you too. I love you too."

'I'm gonna call you tomorrow, okay? Don't stay up too late especially since you have training tonight until 9.'

"Alright. You go get some rest now."

'Bye. I'll see you soon.'

"Alright." Tao ends the conversation and Kris grabs his towel to wipe his face, he tries not to cry so he rubs the material harder against his face.

"Captain's gonna cry~ Captain's gonna cry~ Captain's gonna cry~" Chanyeol singsongs, Kris throws his towel at him, "I will not!" The captain then takes a sandwich and eats it, he faces Luhan, "This is good, hyung. Thanks."

"You're welcome. I can make more for the both of you next time." Luhan smiles, then Chanyeol hands him an empty lunch box, "I wish Baekhyunnie's here so he can bring me food too."

"Where is he?" Luhan asks as he puts the lunch box in his bag. Chanyeol sighs, "He went to Thailand with his high school friends. It was a spontaneous trip and he said they're going backpacking and he'll just come back when they do!"

Kris laughs, "You have it worse than me. At least Tao-er is definitely coming back soon."

Luhan smiles a fake-but-can-pass-as-genuine smile, "Yeah. Yeah, he will. I should go, I don't want to keep you from training."

"Thanks for the food!" Chanyeol beams, Kris just nods. Luhan walks away and the two tall boys watch him leave.

"Why's he asking about Sehun? Don't they live together?" Kris asks, he's a little out of the loop when it comes to their other friends.

"Sehun left. I think they had a little misunderstanding and Sehun's been living in Kai's apartment since last Friday."

Kris sighs and takes a swig of water before speaking again, "Luhan is so oblivious. Sehun's feelings for him are so obvious, and Luhan wouldn't know it until it hits him square in the face."

Chanyeol laughs, "Get out out Luhan's line of vision and maybe he'll turn to see Sehun."

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Chanyeol laughs even harder, Kris blows his whistle when the rest of the team arrives inside the gym.

-----

Luhan comes to training the next day, bringing more food for Kris and Chanyeol. The team captain thanks Luhan again but decides not to engage in a conversation with him and just calls Tao instead. The doe-eyed boy leaves whenever the food is emptied by Chanyeol and Kris thank him again after the call with his boyfriend.

"Are you gonna tell Tao about this?" Chanyeol asks once Luhan already left the gym.

"I don't see any reason to. You're here, and obviously, you know nothing is up."

"But, Tao..."

Kris smiles at Chanyeol, "He's just gonna start worrying in China. There's nothing going on between Luhan and I. And Tao doesn't even know I'm aware of Luhan's feelings for me, if I tell him that Luhan is coming here, he's just gonna get antsy."

"If you say so. I'm just a little worried."

Kris pats Chanyeol's shoulder, "You're gonna have my back if things happen."

"Aye, aye, captain!"

When Luhan comes again in the afternoon the next day, other trainees and his team mates start talking.

"Isn't he NOT your boyfriend?" Taemin, the vice-captain of the team whispers against Kris as he looks at Luhan sitting on the bleachers.

"No. He's my boyfriend's friend." Kris simply tells Taemin. Eli, who's tying his shoes next to him butts in, "Captain, that's dangerous. He's obviously trying to woo you."

"I know. But I need to talk to Tao first before I talk to Luhan. My boyfriend's gonna be so mad at me if I hurt his friend."

Taemin takes a ball from the basket and turns to Kris, "You should do something about this soon. The team is talking, and news fly so fast. Even in China."

Kris sighs and looks at Luhan who gives him a small wave. The team captain smiles before running around the court to play with his team.

-----

It's that Sunday that Kris talks to Luhan while eating the food the latter prepared for him and Chanyeol. Chanyeol is currently nowhere in sight and the two are left alone in the gym.

"Hyung, you're always here. Do you wanna try out for the team?"

Luhan shakes his head, "N-no. I just don't have anything to do."

Kris nods, "I see. But, don't you think it's a hassle for you? And today's Sunday, I don't think you should spend it watching a bunch of sweaty guys playing basketball."

"I love watching you play! I mean, you guys... I don't really know much about basketball because I'm a soccer fan, this might be a good start to be interested."

"Oh, okay... E-excuse me." Kris grabs his towel and then sneezes continuously three times. "Ugh."

"Are you sick?"

"I think I'm coming down with a cold."

"I can tak---" Luhan is cut off when the phone on Kris' hand rings.

"Sorry, I have to take this call, it's Tao." Kris smiles then answers the phone. "Hey baby..."

Luhan rolls his eyes, he hates how Tao just ruins everything when things are coming his way. Again, he's left to listen to the conversation between the couple, and how awkward is it this time now that he has no Chanyeol to distract himself with. Luhan sighs because Kris doesn't move away from where they're seated and the older doesn't have to be subtle if he decides to eavesdrop anymore.

"Have you talked to your parents?"

'Yes. Looks like they're backing down soon. Maybe I'll be home before Friday.'

"Fingers crossed, baby." Kris laughs a little then sneezes.

'Are you sick? There's medicine in the cabinet. Drop by the supermarket and buy some oranges.'

"Yeah... I think I'm getting sick but you don't have to worry, Tao-er. I'll be okay."

'Are you sure? You don't sound so good,'

"Yeah... I really miss you, it's making me sick."

Tao laughs shyly on the other end of the line, 'Alright. Whatever you say. I have to go now, Mama and Papa are taking grandma for a walk. I'll be going with them.'

"I'll see you soon, baby. I can't wait til Friday, or earlier. I love you."

'I love you, too. See you soon!.'

Kris ends the conversation with a huge smile on his face, Luhan doesn't know how and why he asks the question when he turns to the athlete. "You're really in love with him, huh?"

Kris turns to him, a faint blush painting his cheeks, "Yes, hyung. I can't see myself without him."

"Might be your 22-year old hormones talking."

Kris shakes his head, "Then I'll let these hormones talk for the rest of my life."

"Huh. Okay..."

"Hyung! Captain! Baekhyunnie's coming home!" Chanyeol runs up to them, jumping up and down in front of them. "I hate you! How come he comes home first before my Tao-er!" Kris teases and Chanyeol just pats his captain's back.

"I'm happy for you, Channie." Luhan smiles brightly at the lanky boy.

"Hey, hyung?"

"Yes, Channie?"

"Where's Sehun?"

"Back home. His family asked him to visit them. He'll be here by Tuesday."

"Ugh! So unfair. Your partners are coming home earlier than mine!" Kris whines, Luhan screams, "He's not my partner!"

Kris smiles, "He might as well be yours. You match each other perfectly."

"Yeah, hyung. Why don't you and Sehun date?" Chanyeol prods on, Luhan shakes his head. "Bestfriends should never date. It's against the law of friendship!"

"Baekhyun's my bestfriend before." Chanyeol begs to differ. Kris adds, "And Tao's my bestfriend now."

"No. Just.. NO." Luhan picks up the lunchboxes, "I'm leaving. And again, NO." He walks out of the gym, Chanyeol and Kris laughing behind him.

"You don't look so good, captain." Chanyeol notices Kris' red nose, "Let's stop for today. It's Sunday, we need to rest. Especially you."

"Alright. I'll tell the team to go home when they all return."

Kris comes home to a killer headache and falls immediately asleep on the couch without even changing out of his jersey. He's been too exhausted lately and has overworked himself that his body is starting to weaken.

He wakes up the next day to an insistent phone call. "Hello...?"

'You didn't call me last night! You weren't answering my calls!!! I was worried!!!'

"Sorry, babe. I'm..." Kris starts sneezing and coughing, "I'm getting worse."

'I'm a bit relieved to know you're alive. I thought something happened to you.'

"And not see you when you come home? Not gonna happen."

'I'm sure you didn't take your medicine nor did you even buy the oranges.'

"Too weak, babe..."

'Are you still going to the training?'

"I need to. But I promise, I won't overexert myself today."

'I don't think I can stop you. But if you get worse, go home and rest. I can't stop worrying.'

"Alright. I need to get ready now. Bye."

'Okay. Call me later. Bye!'

-----

"YO CAPTAIN! YOUR BOYFRIEND'S HERE!"

Kris turns to where Eli is looking, thinking it's Tao who's arrived, the captain hits his shoulder playfully, "Shut up Eli." Luhan waves at Kris, the latter just gives a curt nod.

"Hey, bro."

"Yeah?"

Eli is tying his shoes while Kris is just watching the team play since he's still sick and keeps on sneezing on the court (the game halts whenever he does), "Does your real boyfriend know that Luhan comes to see you here?"

"No. I don't think he has to know. I honestly think Luhan's just trying to be nice."

"Or get into your pants."

Eli gets a smack on his head, "Be nice."

"Kris, you're too nice. You don't have to be, because unconsciously you're giving Luhan false hopes."

"I am? But, he knows I'm with Tao. And he can even hear me talking with my boyfriend every time he's around."

Eli stands and faces him, "You do know that some people just refuse to give up until everything blows over."

Kris sneezes, Eli laughs, "Take a break, bro. Leave everything to the vice captain. Taemin can take care of this until you're okay."

"I'm fine watching you guys."

"And your voice, eyes and snot say otherwise."

"Leave them alone." Kris pushes Eli to the court, the captain sits on the bench and he sees Luhan approaching him.

"Are you feeling any better?" The older asks, Kris shakes his head, "Worse."

"Guessed as much. Here, eat these." Luhan gives him a bag of oranges, "Vitamin C."

"Thanks, hyung."

Kris hears a catcall from Eli and Chanyeol just shakes his head as he watches from the court. "Hey, hyung."

"Yes?"

"Uh, you're aware that I am with Tao, right?"

"Perfectly. Why?"

"Uh," Kris scratches the back of his neck, "It's just that... How do I even say this...?"

"Just what?"

"People are talking."

"Huh?"

"Uh, nevermind." Kris stands, "Thanks for the fruits, you should go. Sorry, hyung." The captain runs to his team despite his sickness, Luhan doesn't leave and instead stays to watch.

Kris pushes himself to his limit to not take a break since Luhan is still watching from their bench and he really can't deal with him right now.

"Your little girlfriend still waiting, captain?" Yun, one of the younger trainees asks.

"He's not my lover." Kris heaves and coughs as he replies. He places his hands on his knees as his cough doesn't stop.

"Captain, you're getting worse. You should go home." Eli tells him, Kris shakes his head "We'll be done in an hour, let's just finish this."

Eli puts the back of his hand on Kris' forehead, "Don't be stupid, you're burning up!"

Chanyeol runs up to the commotion, "Come on, hyung. Let's get you home."

Chanyeol puts Kris' arm around him and drags the captain to the bench to get his bag.

"What happened?" Luhan asks, standing up from where he's seated and taking Kris' other arm to help Chanyeol.

"He's getting worse."

"Let's get him home." Luhan tells the two, the captain shakes his head, "Don't bother, hyung. I can drive myself home." Kris tells Luhan half-consciously.

Luhan doesn't take no for an answer and the three of them walk to the carpark. Chanyeol checks Kris' bag for his home and car keys. He is about to take the wheel when his phone rings, "Baekhyunnie?!"

Luhan ignores him and puts Kris on the backseat, making sure that the captain is comfortable until they get home. The oldest waits for Chanyeol to finish talking to his boyfriend, when the taller gives Kris' keys to him. Chanyeol ends the conversation and then faces him, "Baekhyun's at the airport and he's asking me to pick him up. Do you know where he lives?"

Luhan shakes his head and Chanyeol scribbles a makeshift map on a parking ticket he finds on the dashboard and gives it to the older, "Just take him home, give him meds and leave."

"You're gonna make me leave him alone?"

"... Hyung, call a doctor. Call Sehun or anybody else who's already back in Seoul."

"Why can't I be there for him?"

"Hyung, no disrespect but you can't be alone with him. If Baekhyun's not waiting for me, I'd take him but he's already landed and checking out. Please, hyung. For everyone's sake, just leave immediately."

"Fine." Luhan opens the car door but glares at the other before getting in, "And Chanyeol, you're an ."

Kris is already slipping in and out consciousness but he's aware he's being dragged towards his apartment. It must be at least an excruciating 20 minutes struggle from the gym to his apartment but Kris hasn't felt so weak before. He falls unconsciously on the bed when he feels his body hit the familiar mattress. His mind and body shuts down completely and removes itself to the world around him.

-----

Tao hails a cab the moment he landed in Incheon that Tuesday morning. After crying and begging to his parents that Kris needs to be taken care of, he takes the first flight out that morning to return to Seoul.

He didn't call Kris last night nor this morning to surprise his boyfriend, he wants Kris to wake up to find him next to him. Tao smiles inside the cab as he imagines Kris' face when he sees him.

Tao skips on his step when he arrives in front of their apartment building. He smiles knowing that he's home, really home, right next to Kris and everything is just gonna be perfect. He rushes to the elevator and runs down the corridor, dragging his suitcase behind him.

Tao furrows his brows when he notices that the door isn't locked, it's actually a little ajar. He's gonna scold Kris for this. He enters quietly and notices his boyfriend's bag thrown haphazardly over the couch, and when he hears shuffling inside the bedroom, his curiosity only picks up. "It's only 7 in the morning... He can't be awake now."

He walks silently towards the bedroom and he's paralyzed to see Luhan sitting next to Kris, bent over his boyfriend lying on the bed. Tao feels the world stop as he watches the two.

"Kris..." He speaks, voice breaking. Tao stands there by the doorframe and watches as Kris pushes Luhan aside and jumps off the bed. Tao feels adrenaline and anger run through his veins and he runs out of the apartment, Kris runs after him.

"Tao! Tao, stop!"

Tao doesn't and runs faster when the elevator door opens immediately to his favor but Kris is able to grab his wrist and pulls him out of it, "Tao, it's not what you think."

Tao is already crying as he faces Kris angrily, "Not what I think? You're kissing! In our apartment! On our own bed! At this hour? You made him sleep over!"

"Tao, let me explain!" Kris tries to pull his lover closer to him but the younger fights him, "Let go of me you cheater!"

"I did not cheat on you!"

"You liar..." Tao looks down on the floor and continues crying, Kris attempts to hug him when he releases his lover's wrist. Tao's hand stops him by the chest and the younger looks at him, "You promised me, Kris. I chose to be with you, but you chose to break my heart."

"Tao... Please, we have to talk about this."

Tao shakes his head, "Not today. Not soon." The younger steps away from Kris, "I'll get my stuff once I find a new place to move."

"No. You're not moving out. You're not leaving! You're not breaking up with me."

"But I am." Tao runs to the stairs and leaves Kris in the hallway. The older is too stunned to even chase after Tao again.

 

---------------------------


Author's Notes: Quick update. i'm already writing the next chapter, maybe i can put it up before the week ends. I am ready to be bricked. ^_^;;