Happy now?

So, We're Kind of a Little Clichéd too.

"Babe, are you done packing?" Kris calls out from the doorway of their bedroom, Tao nods and the blond finds 2 gym bags on the bed. "A gym bag a day?!?"

Tao scratches the back of his neck, "Well, I'm not sure what I'll feel like wearing tomorrow and on Sunday." The blond walks over to the younger and pulls him into a hug, "Babe, 2 days. You can stay in your boxers for the weekends and nobody will care. Heck, I'd rather have you ."

Tao pouts rather cutely while he picks some loose thread on Kris' shirt as he refuses to look at his amused boyfriend, "But I don't know how to pack. I can pack lightly when I go to China because I still have stuff there. I had two boxes of clothes shipped here when I first moved to Korea."

Kris checks his watch and they still have at least 30 minutes before enrolment starts, he sighs and pushes his boyfriend a little, "Okay, let me help you." He tells Tao then walk to the bags. The blond opens one of them and he takes out 3 pairs of jeans, "Babe, really?"

Tao sighs, "I told you..."

Kris sighs, "We're not going outside the country..." The blond then takes out 3 pairs of board shorts, 5 shirts, 3 sets of pajamas, 6 wifebeaters, 3 boxers, 3 briefs, and 3 cardigans. Tao is already hiding his face in embarrassment when the older sighs again and looks at him with his judging eyes, "Are you sure you're packing for you or for the both of us? For a week worth of vacation, I may add." Kris tsks and opens the other bag, "Babe... Are you serious?"

The blond removes 2 pairs of sneakers, 2 pairs of flip-flops, a pair of slip-ons, and 6 pairs of socks. "Babe... Come here." Kris opens his arms and Tao walks embarrassingly to him, "Look at everything here, baby." Tao chuckles when he finds a quarter of his closet splayed out on the bed, "2 nights and 3 days. Not a week." Kris then turns Tao towards the doorway and points at his travel backpack on the floor, "That's what I'm bringing, and aside from the sneakers I'll wear for school, I have a pair of flipflops in there." Tao chuckles as Kris turns them back to the bed, "Now, what you need..." Kris sighs as he looks at the mess, "Here." The blond hands Tao 2 pairs of boxers and 2 pairs of briefs, "Make that work." Tao nods as he puts his underwears in the bag, Kris hands a set of pajama, the 3 board shorts, 2 shirts and 2 wifebeaters. The blond hands one cardigan and the flip flops to Tao, "That's all you'll need."

"B-but..."

"Huang Zitao."

"Okay..." Tao diligently puts the handed items to him inside the gym bag, including the hygiene kit that's already on the verge of bursting. His phone, wallet and other personal stuff are also handed back to him. The younger looks at the other items left on the bed, he tries to grab another shirt but Kris glares at him, "Stop it, babe."

Tao pouts and closes his bag. He sighs and carries the bag out of the bedroom. He puts it down next to Kris' as he makes sure everything is turned off inside the place. When he turns back to the living room, Kris is already waiting for him, carrying both their bags, "I'll look like a freakin' bellboy if you brought the two bags."

Tao chuckles and walks to Kris, he kisses him briefly, "I love you." The blond leans down to kiss him again, "Love you, too." Kris holds out his hand and Tao takes it, "Let's go."

They put the bags in the car's trunk and Kris drives them to campus. They're walking to the admin building hand in hand when the younger stops midway. "Something wrong, babe?"

"I'm hungry."

Kris chuckles, "You're always hungry. Pregnant?"

Tao hits Kris hard on the chest, the blond doubles over, "If you're a girl, I'd really think you are..."

"And whose fault would it be?"

Kris just laughs and pulls Tao into a hug, "Fine, don't be moody. Let's get something to eat, first."

Tao grumbles as they make their way out of the building again. The younger beams when the whiff of early morning street food enters his nose. He grabs Kris and runs, "Bongeobbang!!!"

Tao stops abruptly in front of the stall that Kris loses balance and crashes his body on the younger's back, "Babe, control."

Tao glares at him and blows raspberry before smiling and buying 2 bongeobbang. He hands one of the fish-shaped bread to Kris then walks to the other food stalls, "I missed these." He takes Kris' hand, "I love Korean food. I'm going to learn how to cook them, too."

"You'll cook for me?"

"Who else would I cook for?" Tao beams, Kris smiles back, "God, I love you."

"Mm-mm." Tao hums as he chews on his bread. He stops in front of a kimbap stall and points what he wants, he taps on Kris' shoulder and the older sighs as he takes out his wallet to pay.

"Happy now?"

Tao nods, Kris wraps his arm around the younger's shoulder and they make their way back to the campus. Tao feeds Kris from time to time until they got into the lobby, "Let's wait for the others to arrive." The younger tells Kris, the blond hugs his boyfriend close, rocking their bodies a little as they wait.

"They're taking too long..." Kris tells Tao as he checks his watch, while still swaying their bodies together, "Let's just wait a bit." Tao smiles and hugs Kris closer as he presses his cheek against the blond's chest. He's almost falling asleep when he hears the familiar boom of Chanyeol's voice.

"Stop with the cheese, it's too early." Baekhyun pulls Tao away from Kris, the younger extends his hand and Kris grabs onto his boyfriend, "Tao!"

Tao shrugs Baekhyun away and hugs Kris again, "What's wrong with you, hyung?"

Baekhyun crosses his arms over his chest, "Too early for all your lovey-dovey time."

"Too early for your nagging, too." Kyungsoo comments, walking hand in hand with Kai.

"What's up with hyung? that bad last night?" Kai asks Chanyeol, the tall Korean shakes his head, "We never had bad ."

"Hey!!!! We're back!!!" Jongdae cuts the conversation and runs to the group, Minseok following behind him with Joonmyun in tow. The seven of them get into random conversations with different people until the other arrives.

Tao and Kris looks at Luhan, Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughs awkwardly as the couple is currently in between them. "Uh, hey!" Chanyeol breaks the awkward silence as he greets Luhan, the older just smiles. "Well, shall we get ourselves enrolled? Let's meet up at our usual cafe when we're done!" Joonmyun announces and the others just nod. Kris takes Tao's hand with his and they walk away, Sehun and Lay, along with Kai and Kyungsoo follow the couple. "I'll see you later, Luhan. Freshmen stuff." Sehun calls out, Luhan just shrugs.

Tao looks at Sehun, "H-how are both of you?"

"We're okay." Sehun smiles, he turns his attention to Lay, Tao furrows his brows, he leans over to his boyfriend, "Were they ever close?"

Kris shrugs, "They're your friends first, though?"

"Hmmmn."

Kris pulls Tao towards the board and they check the schedules for the classes he'll be taking. "Let's make sure we have the same days off."

Tao nods and starts taking notes of his subjects, Kris watches his boyfriend, "Babe..."

"Hmn?"

"Is it okay if I leave you for a bit?"

"What's up?"

"I'm gonna head to my course's board and check my classes, too. It's on the 3rd floor.""

Tao nods, "I'll go upstairs once I'm done listing all my options here, okay?"

"Alright." Kris waves Tao goodbye and heads upstairs. It takes him at least 10 minutes before he closes his notebook and heads upstairs. He looks for Kris in the sea of senior students, he stops on his tracks when he finds his boyfriend laughing with girls. He feels a little jealous when one of the girls cutely hits Kris on the arm. Tao breathes heavily, because he realizes that his boyfriend does have other friends, and he's handsome and okay, Tao's getting jealous. He sighs, he wonders if he should even walk over to where Kris is, he takes a step back when an arm wraps around his shoulder, "Hey, are you looking for Kris?"

Tao turns to see Eli next to him. The younger nods, Eli drags him to where Kris is. "Cap'n! Your baby's here." The younger turns beet red when everyone around Kris turns his attention to him. The girls sigh inwardly when the blond walks towards Tao with a huge smile on his face. "Hey." Kris greets him, then glares at Eli, "Let go of him now. What made you think you can casually hold him?"

"Oops, sorry!" Eli releases Tao and pushes the younger to Kris' waiting arms, the blond turns to the group he's with and introduces him to them, "This is Huang Zitao, I've told you guys about him before, right?" There's a collective 'yes', Kris beams, "He's my boyfriend, but you all know that already. Tao, everyone - Eli, Taemin, Kiseop, Nana, Krystal and Sulli."

"H-hi." Tao stammers and bows in front of everyone, "N-nice to meet you." The girls smile awkwardly at him, but one of them, Sulli, hugs him, "Kris is always telling everyone that you're cute, and you are!!!"

"T-thanks." The hug is cut abruptly when Sulli is pulled gently by Kris, "That's enough now. Hey, babe, I'm done here, too. Shall we check how we can fix our schedules?"

Tao nods, Kris waves goodbye to everyone, the younger bows again and bids his farewells, too. They make their way downstairs and checks their respective schedules, they're able to not have classes on Tuesdays and have most of the week free for lunch breaks. After they're officially enrolled, they make their way to Grandia where they all agreed to meet after. The both of them arrive and takes a table with Jongdae and Joonmyun. One by one, the rest arrive, the noise in the restaurant growing stronger. "Kris..."

"Hmn?"

"I-I'll talk to Luhan-ge before we leave."

"How? Do you think you can find the right timing?"

"I'm hoping I can." Tao smiles and leans his head on Kris' shoulder. The couple looks up when Minseok and Luhan finally arrives.

"Is everyone here?" Joonmyun stands and starts headcounting, "Right. Everyone's here. So, three of us brought our cars, and we're 12. To be fair, 4 people in each car so... Who' joining who?"

"We're okay here already!" Sehun starts making circle hand gestures, meaning he, Lay, Kai and Kyungsoo are in one group. Tao stands up from his seat and whines, "I want Kyungsoo with me! He doesn't ask about my personal life!"

"You mean yours and Kris' life?" Baekhyun teases, and Kris just wants to bury himself (and maybe Tao too) alive in embarrassment. "I just need someone who can switch driving. I hate long drives." The basketball captain tells the group, hoping that someone can drive too.

"No problem then! I can drive." Chanyeol nods his head, Tao and Kris sighs heavily. Baekhyun grins at the couple. "You're stuck with us, Tao, Kris-hyung. Besides, it's not like you can steal Kyungsoo away from Kai."

"Great, so me, Minseok, Jongdae and Luhan-hyung in one car. Shall we go? It's a 6-hour drive from here."

"Can I at least grab something to eat?" Luhan asks, too upset to even care about the carpool assignment. "Alright. Order your takeouts, we'll meet some of you outside." Joonmyun tells him before shoving everyone outside. Once everyone's out in the parking lot, Tao calls out to Joonmyun. "Hyung, is it okay to wait for a bit?"

"What's up?"

"I want to talk to Luhan-hyung."

Joonmyun looks at the rest of the group, Minseok nods, "I think it's time they fix this."

"Okay. We'll wait for you here."

"Thanks!" Tao smiles and heads back inside, Kris follows him. The younger finds Luhan talking to Jongdae, he walks up to them and calls for Luhan's attention.

"Okay, uh. Jongdae out." Jongdae runs out, leaving Luhan alone in the presence of the two. "Can I talk to you? I want this over with before we even all go to the beach. They already know, they're willing to wait for a bit." Tao is already pulling Luhan to the booth they emptied earlier, Kris stays in line to buy food for takeout.

Meanwhile, outside, the others are just in the parking lot watching as the two sits by the glass wall, "Who cries first?" Baekhyun asks, suddenly 5000 won is raised in the air, "Betting on Luhan-hyung!" Chanyeol's voice booms - Jongdae, Minseok, Lay and Baekhyun hands him their own 5000 won and then stares at the other 4, "5000 won out, losers." Minseok tells them, Kyungsoo, Sehun, Joonmyun and Kai has no choice but to bet on Tao (they don't even know how they got into the bet either).

"What if Kris cries?" Lay asks and everyone just bursts into uncontrollable laughter.

-----

Luhan fidgets on his seat once they're on a table near the glass wall. There's an air of awkwardness around them and it's obvious they're both waiting on who will speak first. Tao bites his lower lip, he's about to speak when Luhan beats him to it. "Tao... I..."

Tao knows that Luhan is still apprehensive to talk so he gathers his confidence and starts, "Hyung... I've heard from Kris and Chanyeol about your visits. Is it true?"

"Yes." Luhan sounds so defeated, and Tao sighs, "I don't want to ask anymore, but, is it to get closer to him?"

"It was."

Kris arrives and sits next to Tao, "No, Kris. You go outside. Bring those in the car. Just me and hyung..."

"Fine. And hyung, if Tao is okay with you then we're okay." Kris tells Luhan before walking out. He's greeted by Chanyeol once he's in the parking lot, "5000 won for your boy Tao, Kris."

"What's going on?"

"We're betting who'll cry first. To be fair, 25000 won each, and their group is 5000 won short so you go and cheer for Tao to cry first."

"That's absurd." Kris protests but still taking 5000 won from his wallet.

There's another bout of silence once Kris went outside. Tao shifts on his seat, bites his lower lip before speaking again, "And about that morning..."

"Tao, it's a misunderstanding." Luhan tells him in immediate defense. Tao purses his lips and looks straight at Luhan, "...is it really?"

"Yes. I wasn't able to kiss him, Tao." Luhan looks at Tao, the younger looks confused for a moment, "Wasn't able to?"

Luhan hangs his head low, "I wanted to. I was really attracted to him, Tao. You're perfectly aware of that."

Tao bites his lower lip because it still hurts to know that despite Kris and him being a couple, Luhan - his friend - still wanted to kiss Kris. He takes a deep breath and asks, "Did you want us to break up?"

Luhan keeps his eyes on the table, he furrows his brows, "I wasn't sure. I wasn't thinking that time. I just wanted to kiss him and that's that. Maybe try and hide it if he doesn't wake up. But, you were there maybe for good timing too. I don't know. But..." Luhan looks up to meet Tao's gaze, "I was centimeters away from him but no kiss happened. Promise."

"Hyung..."

"What...?"

"You keep saying 'was'... Do you still love him?"

Luhan shrugs, "I don't think so. I'm not sure if I was really in love with him before or it was just pure physical attraction that I thought was something deeper."

Tao stares at Luhan for a few seconds before speaking again, "... You confessed to him."

Luhan nods slowly, "Yes. Pathetically, I did. I thought if I told him I liked him for a long time, he wouldn't be too mad about what happened. I'm sorry, Tao. I wasn't able to apologize directly to you. And Kris. I need to apologize to him again."

Luhan's voice is breaking, Tao knows that much. The younger is already okay with this, because he knows that this is a start. But there's still something he wants to know, "I just have one more question, though..."

"What is it?"

"Do you... Still hate me? For being with Kris?"

"I never hated you Tao," a tear falls from Luhan's right eye (it doesn't escape Baekhyun who was near the glass wall when he turns to his friends, he starts collecting from Kris' group while Kyungsoo walks back defeated), "I was mad. I was angry, but I never hated you."

Tao feels a bit better after knowing that at least, he isn't hated, "I missed you, hyung."

"Am I forgiven?" Luhan finally looks up to meet Tao's eyes, the younger nods, "And don't cry anymore. Smile, you look better smiling."

"Tao... Did you hate me too?" Luhan asks as he wipes away the tears in his eyes.

"I was scared of you." Tao smiles and stands, Luhan does the same and hugs him, "Let's go, hyung. They're waiting."

They walk outside to find half rejoicing and the other half looks like they've just been beaten down by the others. "What happened?" Tao asks, Kai marches to the youngest, "WHY DIDN'T YOU CRY FIRST!?"

"HEY!" Kris shouts at Kai and the younger walks back to Kyungsoo's side.

"What's going on?" Luhan asks, Tao wonders the same thing as he stands next to Luhan in the middle of the parking lot. "Thanks to you, Luhan-hyung, we're 25000 won richer! Well, let's buy some food at the convenience store and let's leave them alone!" Chanyeol slings his arm over Luhan and whisks him away from the parking lot, "But I want my bubble tea!" The older boy whines, Baekhyun grins at him, "We'll get you that too, be back in 15 minutes, losers!" The winning team with Luhan disappears from the parking lot.

Tao still doesn't understand and makes his way to Kris who's leaning against his car's hood, "What happened?" He asks, the blond smiles at him, "Just a silly bet, babe. Sorry. We're 5000 won poorer for our trip though." Kris pulls Tao closer to him, "How did we lose though?" The younger prods on.

"They bet Luhan-hyung would cry first, and the rest of us," Joonmyun glides his hand to everyone left at the parking lot, "were forced to bet on you."

"You make it sound like it's a bad idea to bet on Tao-er." Kris hugs Tao from behind and leans against his car's hood again. "You know, all the assigned drivers are here, let's just all leave them." Kai puts his arm around Kyungsoo who hits his chest, "Don't be mean. It was a bet and they won it."

"We didn't get a choice! I would've bet on Luhan-hyung, too!" Sehun whines, "It's an obvious win. He's in too much emotional turmoil already."

Sehun's phone rings a few minutes later, "Hyung?"

Tao turns his attention away from the rest of the group and turns his body so that he's facing Kris, "What's up, baby? Everything turned out okay with hyung?"

Tao nods, "It's a start."

"That's awesome." Kris smiles, Tao hugs his boyfriend and leans his head on his shoulder as he watches Kyungsoo and Kai dance next to the dancer's car. "Babe, are you okay? You've been a little quiet since earlier."

"I... I'm fine."

"You're lying..."

Tao sighs inwardly and looks up to Kris, "I'm okay. I have a few questions in my head but I'll talk to you about it tonight, when we're alone. So, for now, hold me close."

"Much obliged to do so." Tao leans his head on Kris' shoulder again, and the blond hugs him closer. A few minutes later the other 6 arrives and they make their way to their assigned cars. Baekhyun and Chanyeol hops on the back seat while Tao and Kris take their seats in front.

"First things first, no ual activities in my car." Kris tells the couple sternly. Baekhyun laughs, "Of course not! Cars are too constricting!"

"Glad we're cleared on that." Kris starts the car and follows the other two ahead of him. Tao checks the takeout Kris bought earlier and takes out a burger, he takes a bite first then feeds Kris. Baekhyun rolls his eyes at the gesture and rummages the snacks they bought with the bet money they won. "Oh! We bought these for you!" Baekhyun throws a box over Tao's lap and the youngest screams in horror when he picks it up. Kris hits on the brakes immediately to take the box from his boyfriend, "A box of dotted condoms, really?"

Baekhyun shrugs, "You might be ." Chanyeol laughs like a seal and the box of condoms hits him square in the forehead, "You'll both be the ing death of Tao and I."

"Hmnph. You too are becoming boring. We need a new couple to tease!" Baekhyun grumbles and looks out the window. Kai's car is next to them while Joonmyun's is ahead. The redhead rolls down the window and calls Sehun's attention, Lay rolls down the window from his side.

"Sehun!!! When are you gonna confess to Luhan-hyung??!!" Baekhyun yells, Kris feels like dying from the driver's seat. Sehun rolls his eyes and tells Lay to close the window. Baekhyun kicks his feet in frustration, making Tao jerk forward and choke on his drink.

"Baby!" Kris exclaims, Tao waves his hand, "I'm okay. Eyes on the road." The blond looks at the rear view mirror, "Please, we're gonna be stuck together for 6 hours, just... Can the both of you be normal human beings?"

"See, Yeollie? They're becoming boring. They've just gotten engaged but they're already like an elderly couple." Baekhyun rolls his eyes then lies on the seat, using Chanyeol's lap as pillow, "Wake me up if we're gonna be stopping by somewhere."

"Sure, sure." Is all Chanyeol says before he puts on his headphones and closes his eyes. Tao sighs in relief, "At least it's gonna be quiet for a while." The blond only grunts in utter annoyance. "Did you spill your drink anywhere?" Kris asks, Tao shakes his head, "Fortunately, I didn't."

"Great. I thought you got your shirt ruined. Or the car got dirtied." Kris still sounds annoyed, a trait Tao hasn't really seen on Kris yet. The light turns red and the younger takes this chance to kiss Kris on the cheek, "Calm down, babe."

Kris looks at the smiling face of Tao, he leans in for a quick kiss, "Okay. Okay, I will." The younger squeezes Kris' hand, "Breathe in, breathe out. Don't let them get to you."

"I won't. I'm sorry for making you worry." Kris kisses Tao's hand then drives on when the light turns green. The tranquility only lasts for two hours, the couple in the backseat wakes up and starts complaining of being hungry. Baekhyun roll down the window and throws candy wrappers towards Jongdae. Kris is on the verge of just crashing his car and get it over with because really, he must have the worst luck of carpooling with Baekhyun and Chanyeol until Joonmyun stops by a home restaurant still open near the main road around 8 in the evening.

"This is so out of nowhere, won't it be fun if this is like the movies? We'll be trapped here until we all die!" Baekhyun exclaims excitedly as they enter the place, Tao clings on Kris for dear life.

"Baekhyun, why are you like this? Why? Why? Whyyyyy?" Kris grits his teeth as he pulls his boyfriend closer, Baekhyun just laughs evilly, "I'm born this way. Deal with it."

"You're doing this on purpose. I have no idea why Chanyeol is so in love with you." Kris argues, the others agree with him.

"I'm great in bed." The shorter boy responds poker-faced. The rest of them walks faster inside, trying to get away from Baekhyun.

"What?! He is!" Chanyeol's voice booms and there are echoes of 'Oh my god!' 'We didn't need to know that!' 'Don't you guys know about boundaries?'

The 12 of them finds a table in one corner and they all sit, "First of all, dinner. And please, no talking about your bed stories, Chanyeol, Baekhyun." Kyungsoo pleads after they all settle down.

"Can't promise that." Baekhyun snickers and Kyungsoo looks about ready to strangle his friend, "Alright. Alright. I will shut up. Kai must not be giving you any."

"Excuse me?" Kai gasps and everybody on the table not Baekhyun and Chanyeol just groans in defeat.

"You all look adorable like that." Chanyeol comments, "We're both just teasing you."

"Ready to order?" A waitress interrupts them, and chaos ensues. Who thought it was a good idea to just bring one waitress to a table of riot personified?

Tao observes Luhan in front of him, the older Chinese looks distubed. The younger Chinese had not been able to spend time alone with the two in the past but he knows them enough to see that Luhan and Sehun had become awkward. Sehun asks something to Luhan, then their maknae turns away once the older Chinese answered. Tao is taken aback when Luhan breaks the chopsticks in his hand as he stare right onto Sehun's back. Everybody turns their attention to Luhan, "What?" He asks, wide-eyed and unaware of what caused the stares.

"Hyung... You just broke your pair of wooden chopsticks in half." Sehun whispers against his ear, "I DID!?" Luhan looks at his right hand where only the top half of the chopsticks are. "Woah. Guess I didn't know my own strength."

"Something wrong?" Joonmyun asks from the other end of the table, Luhan just shakes his head. "Sorry. I was just excited I couldn't contain my feelings."

"You are? Cause in the car, you obviously just want to throw yourself out the window so you can get out..." Jongdae comments, Luhan glares at him, "and... Yes. Of course, you're excited."

Joonmyun claps his hands together to grab their attention, "Right, so in our beach house... There are 6 bedrooms."

"Beach mansion then." Lay comments, Joonmyun sighs, "Let's not call it that."

"Still too small for a mansion for his taste." Baekhyun adds on, Joonmyun contemplates whether or not he can continue or just get his car keys and return back to Seoul. The blond knows that Joonmyun feels defeated since most are still teasing him about his mansion. Kris clears his throat and speaks, "Go on." The blond's voice cuts the chatter and teasings, Joonmyun wonders if he can ever have that kind of authority then continues, "So, obviously, there will be 2 persons on each room and there are 3 couples here so it's a given that they're rooming together. For the 3 other pairs though..."

Tao stops listening to Joonmyun since he is rooming with Kris, he keeps watching Luhan and Sehun, he can hear the faint whispers exchanged between the two.

"Let's room together."

"I don't think it's a good idea, hyung."

"Why not?"

"Because... Come on."


"It's decided then!" Joonmyun claps his hands again, Sehun and Luhan turns to his direction, Tao turns to Joonmyun too, "Chen and Me, Minseok and Luhan, Sehun and Lay. Everyone in favor?"

"Wait." Luhan screeches, Sehun cuts him off immediately, "Yes. In favor!"

Tao burrows his eyebrows in pure curiosity again, he hears Luhan mumble, "I kind of... Okay." Luhan looks up and Tao smiles at him, "Hyung, you okay?" The younger gives Luhan's hand a squeeze from across the table,"I'm fine." Luhan smiles and Tao retracts his hand.

Their food arrive moments later and world war 3 begins. Jongdae and Kai are even circling around the table stealing pieces of whatever on everyone's plate. Everyone's offering everyone their food, except for Luhan in the corner who's quietly eating on his plate.

Tao, on the other hand, just continue to observe the bestfriends across him. He notices Luhan's silence and Sehun's cold shoulder. He knits his brows, he's known these two pre-Kris and no, this isn't normal, he makess up his mind that something happened between the two.

"Babe, you okay?" Kris asks, Tao turns to him with a smile, "Yeah. Why?"

"You're boring holes on their heads." Kris whispers then nods his head to the direction of Luhan and Sehun.

"Oh. Sorry." Tao caresses Kris' cheek, "But, Kris...?" He whispers.

"Yeah?" Kris nuzzles his nose on Tao's shoulder. "Look at them... Something's wrong." The younger whispers, Kris looks at Luhan and Sehun, "Hmn, you're right. Yo, Se-"

"Don't!" Tao covers Kris' mouth, "Sh! Not here!"

"Hyung!" Sehun calls out, Tao watches as Luhan looks at his bestfriend but the younger is looking at someone on his left, "Are you eating that?"

"No, wanna have it?" Luhan leans forward to see Lay 2 seats away from his bestfriend, "Give me your plate." Sehun obliges happily and when his plate is returned, 2 additional dumpling are in it, the same dumplings Luhan has some extra of. Tao watches the exchange and there's a hint of sadness in Luhan's eyes when the older Chinese excuses himself.

"Kris, I'm gonna talk to Luhan-hyung..." Tao whispers to his boyfriend, "Excuse me." He stands and subtly follows Luhan out in the parking lot. He watches as the older boy slumps on the ground next to Joonmyun's car. Tao walks quietly then sits next to him. "Hyung?"

"Huh? Oh. Didn't see you there."

"You're not okay." Tao pats Luhan's back and he can hear the older sigh heavily beside him. "Tao, you don't have to be nice to me. I've been really mean to you and we just kind of... Became friends again just today."

"Hyung, it's not like I am imposing but if we don't start rekindling our friendship now, when will we? Hyung... Even before Kris, it was the three of us often together. And I've observed the both of you, something is off."

Luhan looks at Tao, "Kris is so lucky to have you. I swear if he ever breaks your heart, I will pound his ."

"Oh, hyung." Tao pulls Luhan to a hug then pushes him so he can look at him, "But this is about you, okay?"

"Well, it's a little complicated..."

Tao smiles, "I'm sure it's nothing I won't understand."

Luhan is about to say more when they hear chattering getting louder, Tao pulls the older up, "We'll talk more but for now, whatever is bothering you, ignore it. If they notice, they'll nag you about this. Smile and perk up."

"There you two are!" Kyungsoo runs to them, "What happened?"

"Bad dumpling." Luhan lies, the wide-eyed boy just smiles, "Well, as long as you're okay."

"Oh! Who paid for my share?" Luhan asks, "It's taken care of." Sehun pats his shoulder before going inside Kai's car parked next to Joonmyun's.

"Switch!" Kris throws his car keys to Chanyeol and goes to the backseat, Tao sits next to him. Baekhyun is grinning wide when he sits in front.

"Don't you even dare mess my car, Chanyeol. There will be blood." Kris warns the tall Korean on the driver's seat, "Yeah, yeah."

"SWEAR ON IT!!!"

"I swear on it!" Chanyeol starts the car and follows the other two ahead of them. Kris leans against the car's door, half of his body lying on the seat. Tao shifts and lies his torso on top of Kris, "Why is this place too far...?" The younger whines, Kris hugs his boyfriend close, "We'll get there soon." The blond kisses Tao, a bit intimate but not really making out, until a camera clicks. "You kind of forget I'm here!" Baekhyun sticks out his tongue and then puts his phone back in his pocket.

"Delete that, hyung. Please?" Tao pleads, sitting up. Kris sits up straight, and shrugs, "What do you plan with that anyway?"

"Blackmail maybe?"

Kris chuckles and shakes his head, "That's not even blackmail material. Send me that picture later, okay?"

"KRIS!!!" Tao hits Kris on the chest, the blond shrugs his shoulders, "I'm serious. We don't have a picture kissing, so I actually want one. Send me the picture later, Baekhyun."

"Okay!" Baekhyun smiles and turns his head to the road. "I'm gonna sleep, Chanyeol. You swore." Kris tells the new driver of the car, the Korean scoffs at him, "I did. Go to sleep. Make-out, whatever. I got this."

-----

It's 10 in the evening and they're in the middle of nowhere. They are driving thru a wide deserted road and they all decided to roll down their windows, as they travel to the beach house. Most are already asleep save for the drivers, Jongdae and Baekhyun.

"YO, TAO!" Jongdae calls out, said boy looks up from Kris' shoulder where he's been sleeping. "What is it, hyung?"

"Do you know the legend of this area?" Jongdae asks, said naïve boy raises an eyebrow. Baekhyun is already silently snickering in front. "Do you?"

"I don't."

"Hyung, slow down. I have to tell Tao this. You too, Chanyeol-hyung."

Both cars slow down, Lay does too as he trails behind them.

"You see, legends say that there's a house in the middle of the woods here before..."

"I don't like where this is going. Please stop."

"No! Go on, go on. I wanna hear this." Baekhyun prods on, Tao clings to Kris' sleeping form.

"You see, look to your left. Look how abundant the trees still are." Jongdae points his nose to the woods behind Tao but the young Chinese declines. "Well, anyway, in that house, there's a family. The husband is known for his temper and he never lets his family out of the house and the forest. One day, the wife followed him in town and she found out that he has another family there and you know what she did?"

Tao shakes his head, his bottom lip is already shaking. Chen smirks and continues, "She drowned her children in the bath but after realizing what she did, she threw herself to the cliff!"

Tao jolts, Kris finally wakes up next to him. He's still a bit sleepy so he tries to go back to sleep but Chen's voice perks up his interest, "The wife is said to haunt cars passing by here, and lure it off the cliff after she asks drivers to take her home. But she can never go home because of her guilt. She continues to haunt this very road!"

Tao cries and Kris snaps, " you, Jongdae!" The blond hates being woken up (except to Tao's kisses) and finding out that Tao's been teased like this just pisses him off. "Stop the car, Chanyeol. I will break his neck."

Jongdae blows raspberry, "Catch me if you can. Step on it, hyung!"

Joonmyun smirks, "How about, no? I think I'd rather have you killed here than in our beach house." Joonmyun stops the car, Chanyeol and Lay does the same. Kris is about to get out but Chanyeol keeps the doors locked.

"Calm down, Kris!" Baekhyun finally speaks after fits of giggles. "It's just a spinoff of a Supernatural episode!"

Jongdae guffaws, "You should have seen the look on your boyfriend's face Kris! He looks so adorable!"

"You're an , Jongdae." Luhan who has only witnessed the latter part of the story-telling comments and hits the back of Jongdae's head.

"I swear to god Jongdae! Don't let me catch you!" Kris screams as he throws his body over a sniffling Tao so that he can reach over Jongdae through the open window.

"MERCY!!!" Jongdae screams and backs away closer to Luhan who pushes him again towards the window. Tao giggles at Jongdae's misery as he wipes the tears from his eyes. "LOOK!!!! He's laughing now! We're cool, man. We're cool!" Jongdae flails his arm just in case Kris escapes his car and attacks him.

The commotion halts when Kyungsoo suddenly appears and screams, "CAN WE NOT DO THIS HERE?! YOU CAN KILL EACH OTHER OFF LATER! If you haven't noticed it's late and we're in the middle of nowhere!"

Everyone involve nods, Kai pulls his boyfriend back, "That's enough, love." Once the couple is back in the car, they drive to the beach house in silence.

-----

"Wow..." Everyone has their mouths open when they pull up to park to a beach house situated approximately 100 meters from the shore. It's two-storey high, 2 rooms upstairs overlook the beachfront with a balcony, downstairs one room has a patio.

"Dibs on the 2nd floor room on the left." Kris speaks. Nobody argues.

"Mr. Kim, sir!" A middle-aged man in a suit with tail coat steps out of the house, followed by two women that appears to be younger in French maid costumes. "Oh, Mr. Kim! It's been a long time."

"Yeah. Thank you Mrs. Jimin, Mr. Seo. Ms. Kyunghwa. Are the guest rooms ready?"

"Of course sir. This way please." The three elders return inside.

"Let's go guys." Joonmyun faces his friends who are still staring at him, "What?"

"YOU HAVE A FRIGGIN' BUTLER!" Minseok screams, "AND MAIDS!!!" Jongdae adds.

Joonmyun scratches the back of his neck, "My parents usually bring their constituents here..."

"Marry me, Joonmyun! Let me live here!!!!" Lay exclaims then tackles Joonmyun. Sehun, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo even Tao joins in on them.

"YAH!" Chanyeol, Kris and Kai screams.

"Kyungsoo, whyyy?" Kai whines, his boyfriend looks up to him, "You have no butler, Jongin!"

"Tao, I am willing to kill Jongdae for you!" Kris comments, his boyfriend sticks out his tongue, "You have no butler AND a beach house, Kris!"

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol calls out, Baekhyun pouts then faces his tall boyfriend with a hand on his hips, "I want those French maid costumes, Channie."

"Oh god." Everyone clinging on to Joonmyun fakes vomit and one by one releases themselves from the tangle of limbs.

"Kyungsoo?" Kai pouts, his lover skips and then hops on the younger's back, "Be my butler?" Kai just laughs and gives Kyungsoo a peck on the cheek then walks inside carrying his boyfriend.

"You'll really trade me for a butler and beach house?" Kris asks - arms crossed over his chest. Tao smiles playfully, "Yes." The blond raises an eyebrow, Tao giggles then kisses his boyfriend's nose, "Of course not. I love your face. But..." The younger is playing with the silver band on his ring finger, "We should have one in the future, okay?" Kris takes Tao's hand and walks inside, "Okay."

"I'd love to see you in that costume." Chanyeol has his arms wide open and Baekhyun jumps on him. He carries his boyfriend bridal style, "Hey, you think I can steal one?" Chanyeol gives him a kiss, "Why steal one? When we go back in Seoul, we'll have yours made in 7 different styles for every day of the week." Baekhyun laughs, "I love that." Chanyeol adjusts his arms and follows their other friends inside the house.

Sehun and Luhan are left outside. Tao turns his head to look at the two, and he really wants to know what's going on between the two. As they all make their way to their rooms, Minseok runs past them and screams for the doe-eyed boy left outside.

"Yo, Luhan! Come on! You gotta see our room!"

Tao doesn't see anything anymore when Kris and him opens their room in the second floor, "BED!" The blond exclaims and drops their bags on the floor and jumps on the bed, "God, I'm so exhausted. 6 hours, ..."

The younger chuckles and crawls next to his boyfriend. Kris shifts his body and hovers over Tao, "Hey, baby..."

"Hmn?"

"So... Are we gonna talk now?"

Tao kisses Kris lightly on the lips before nodding his head, "But please, don't laugh at me, okay?"

"I won't. Of course, I won't." Kris smiles and pushes himself closer so that their chests touch and he's just inches away from Tao's face. The younger smiles apprehensively before he starts, "... W-who were those girls earlier?"

 

--------------


Author's Notes: Let me end it here. A little jealous Tao for everyone. And then I realized, they're already on the beach, which means this fic is ending really soon since I plan on ending this the same time hunhan's arc did. But it still depends. Work will start for real tomorrow, so I think I'll really be slower in updating now. :(