Junseung

This Love

 

I, I,
I can see it in your eyes
Taste it in our first kiss
Stranger in this lonely town (this lonely town)
Save me from my emptiness (save me)

 

It was getting late, much later than usual and it was the third time in row he got lost in that stupid city. He started to feel nervous when the buildings started to become empty garages and abandoned houses all covered in graffiti. He was pretty sure about where he was at first, he could swear he knew the previous places. But not anymore and he started to walk faster while looking around, waiting for a or a thief to come out any minute. He hugged his bag, he had all the work of the day on that bag and wasn’t ready to let it go. His thoughts were interrupted by a loud noise on his back. He started to walk even faster, or maybe he should call it run, when he heard a voice behind him. 

“Hey, pretty” Someone said behind him, his footsteps nearer and nearer. 

He kept almost running, trying to go back to a more crowded place, but it seemed like he was going further into that abandoned place instead. He tried to not look back, instead he tried to hear any noises from behind but it was quiet again. He tried to catch his breath again and looked around, it was getting darker and he still didn’t know where he was. Maybe he should call some of his new colleagues, they might help him knowing where he was or at least give him some indications to where to go. He took out his cellphone and started to walk again, still fast but not as faster as before, when a hand took him by the wrist and pushed him into a dark alley. He found himself face to face with a stranger who looked nervous and scary. The stranger pinned him on a wall and looked straight at him, while he was frozen, limbs trapped and totally speechless. The stranger talked straight into his left ear and he was able to hear the same disgustful voice from before, a voice that sent him a frightened shiver down the spine. 

“You thought you would be able to escape from me, pretty?” 

He didn’t know what to do, he was paralyzed and disgusted at the same time. But he was also sure that none would safe him there, or even heard him yelling. Or at least he had been sure until he felt another hand grabbing his own and a pair of lips crashed against his lips. He opened his eyes in shock but wasn’t able to push the other because he was way stronger than him. 

“Sweetheart, I have been looking for you like forever! You shouldn’t leave without telling me!” Said the stranger while dragging him by the hand and leaving the crazy rapper behind without knowing what to do.

Once outside the dark alley he was able to regain his will and pushed the stranger far away. The stranger looked at him with a smirk, a y smirk he had to admit, while coming closer again. 

“You look lost, little deer. Don’t you think you should be thanking me for saving you back there?” 

“And how should I thank you? By letting you kiss me again without my consent?” Said him with a defiant glare.

“That would be of help, but I guess I can accept your name as a start. Mine is Junhyung.” Said with a grin while bowing a little.

He looked at Junhyung kind of dumbfounded, who was this man and why was he like that? And more importantly, what was he doing in a place like that at almost night? Maybe he didn’t want to know, maybe it would be better to just walk away and forget about the incident. But his mouth worked on his own and answered for him. 

“Hyunseung” Said him, while shaking Junhyung’s offering hand. 


You took my hand
You told me it would be ok
I trusted you to hold my heart
Now fate is pulling me away, from you

Their hands were perfect for each other. With each passing day Hyunseung was surer about it. Every time he and Junhyung went out, to eat ice cream, the theater or just walk around, they would hold hands and Hyunseung knew they were made for each because the shape of their hands fitted perfectly, and he wasn’t hesitant about telling his boyfriend about it.


“Jun-ah…You know that our hands fit perfectly, right?” He would say with a dreamy smile while Junhyung would just rolled his eyes.
 
“I know, Seung, I know. You say that every time we hold hands” He chuckled. 

In the last few months, after their first awkward encounter they meet up a few times before they decided to start dating. Hyunseung had just arrived the city while Junhyung had lived there his entire life. It was thanks to Junhyung that Hyunseung didn’t get lost anymore while coming back from his work, he would come every day to pick Hyunseung up. At first they spent their way back just talking and laughing about silly things. Hyunseung would talk about his day at his job while Junhyung would nag about how hard it was to be a singer. But little by little their conversations would become more intimate and personal, they would talk about their families and friends, about their lives before knowing each other, and they would start looking for more physical contact, just a brush at first but becoming more and more with every slight touch. They became kind of addicted to each other touch and soon enough they started to hold hands unconsciously.

Hyunseung felt like all his problems could fade away once he was holding hands with Junhyung. Junhyung gave him a feeling of safety and reassurance and he started to feel complete and content with his life for the first time. He was sure that they only needed to be together to feel perfect, because, as their hands, their souls fitted perfectly.
 
Even if I leave you now
And it breaks my heart
Even if I'm not around
I won't give in
I can't give up 
On this love

 
Neither of them knew that their lives together would come to an end sooner than expected. Hyunseung became used to wake up at Junhyung’s and Junhyung at Hyunseung’s. They would both end up sleeping at each other’s beds every once in a while, depending on where they went on their dates. They were already so used to it that they even considered the other’s house his own. That’s why it wasn’t unusual for Hyunseung to be at Junhyung’s house when he was out recording. And it wasn’t weird for him to take the phone while he was alone. But after taking that one call he knew it. He knew that it would become unusual to stay at Junhyung’s house. And he knew that it would be weird to take his phone ever again. He knew it because he understood that it was his time to go out of the picture and leave the other one so he could fly high, as high as he wings would let him. Hyunseung hadn’t thought about what their relationship could do against Junhyung’s career. He didn’t know that Junhyung was offered a label contract in the US, he didn’t know Junhyung had rejected the contract of his life to stay in Korea. When they were together they feel so perfect, but Hyunseung didn’t know Junhyung was silently suffering, silently holding his feelings and his dream back. But it was enough, the doe eyes knew he should be thankful for the time they spent together, it was not his time to make the other happy, and the best way was to let him go, even if that meant to not be around anymore. 

Hyunseung thought about leaving silently, maybe he could go and stay with his family for a while, he would ask for some holidays at his job and would relax while re-bonding with his neglected family. But it was impossible to him. He knew he wouldn’t be able to leave if he had to say it face to face, but he would leave at least a letter. A letter explaining why he was leaving, why Junhyung had to become a great singer and, specially, that he wasn’t going to give up on his relationship, he would wait until they can be able to start the relationship anew, the moment when Hyunseung won’t be a burden to Junhyung.
 
You've become a piece of me
Makes me sick to even think
Of mornings waking up alone
Searching for you in my sheets
Don't fade, away
 
Junhyung groaned on his pillow. The sun was up and its rays were hitting Junhyung straight in the eyes, making impossible to keep sleeping anymore. His hand went unconsciously to the empty space in his bed hoping to find another body, but when he found nothing, just a cold spot, he opened his eyes wide and look for the other, before the realization of his departure hit him hard. It had been 3 months since Hyunseung left and Junhyung was still trying to go on with his life. He spent the last months thinking and remembering about Hyunseung, how he saved him from a while he was going back home, how he kissed him when it wasn’t really necessary, how he decided to pick the other up from his job every day with the excuse of not letting Hyunseung get lost again and how they started to feel attracted to each other until they were totally addicted. And now his was left without his drug and feeling empty. 

His phone started to buzz and Junhyung took it lazily, hoping to be able to stay in bed all day, even though he knew it would be impossible. Even though he rejected the American contract he got a very good deal with a Korean label and he was now working on his debut. He was working as hard as he could because that were the only way to be able to function. While he was singing or dancing till his voice wouldn’t come out or his muscles would get sore he was able to stop thinking about Hyunseung, about how much he missed the other and about how much he wishes to see him again when he’s back at home. And it’s not that he hadn’t tried to look for the doe eyed man. He had looked for him everywhere, in every place in that ing city without any result. He even quit his job and left his house, leaving nothing behind, just the memories and that letter that he keeps repeating on his mind over and over again. 
 
Even if I leave you now
And it breaks my heart
Even if I'm not around
I won't give in 
I can't give up
On this love
 
He has read that letter over and over again, has memorized every word and has analyzed all the possible senses of every sentence. But he still hasn’t found an answer. Why did Seung leave? Why did he leave him behind when they were the perfect couple? He can’t understand it, he really wants to find out his motifs to run away all of a sudden, but he’s not here anymore to ask about it.
 
But life goes on, even though he wasn’t feeling strong enough to go on with his life he knew that he had to make a better man of himself so when Hyunseung is back he would be proud of the singer. He was convinced that the other was going to be back, that was the only thing that was clear on his mind after those months. But he didn’t know that they would meet each other again soon.
 
I can't just close the door 
I never felt anything like this before
Tell me the truth no matter what we're going through
Will you hold on too 'cause
Even if I leave you now
And it breaks my heart
Even if I'm not around
I won't give in
I can't give up 
On this love
 
Junhyung was sitting on a bench outside the tv studio. He knew there were some fans, his first fans, outside waiting for him, but he needed a little bit of fresh air before coming back to his life as a recently debuted idol. According to his manager he debut mini album was selling pretty well so he only needed to worry about the live performance. And up until now he was doing well on that too. He was getting a lot of attention from the media recently and his share of fans was enough to be satisfying. But he needed those moments alone to stay down on Earth. He grabbed a coke and sat down to stare at the cloudless sky. He was so absorbed on his thoughts that didn’t notice someone sat beside him and was staring silently with a little smile on his face. 
 
“Coke will kill you someday” He said, making the other jump from his seat into the floor and drop his can of coke, spilling all the fluid on the floor. 
 
Junhyung looked to his left and gaped in silence. Was he dreaming? He sure was. He had been sleeping 2 hours for the last week so he was sure he fell asleep on that bench and now his mind was playing tricks with him. He pinched his arm, trying to wake up, but it didn’t work. He tried again, maybe he wasn’t pinching with enough strength, but this time a hand stopped him midway and took his hand. 
 
“Do you see? We fit perfectly again, I told you I wasn’t giving up on this love.” Said Hyunseung squeezing Junhyung’s hand. 
 
But Junhyung tried to pinch again his arm.
 
“You’re not sleeping, babo-yah!” Said Hyunseung while punching Junhyung in the shoulder.
 
“Were you waiting for me to be famous to come back so I can feed you?” Junhyung was now smirking, sure at last that it wasn’t a dream and Hyunseung was there with him once again, and he was sure this time it was forever. 
Hyunseung punched Junhyung once again, this time with more strength.

“Look how you talk to your boss, Jun-ah” He said while walking away confidently. 

Junhyung looked at him dumbfounded, not getting what Hyunseung was talking about, but he didn’t mind, he was sure they would have a lot of time to catch up in the future. By now he just walked next to Hyunseung, holding his hand tightly.