One Day Sunday

Two Different Twins

 

It was a rainy Sunday morning. There must’ve been a major damage in my brain. Because I chose to get up, going to school instead of spending more time with my bed. I prepared a simple french toast for me and my brother, before I took a shower. I entered Himchan oppa’s room, he was asleep. Maybe he just got home at dawn. I smell some alcohol when I put a note on the end table, next to his bed. I looked at my watch, it was half hour to ten, when I drove my car out from my house.

I saw Sulli and her team were at the nearest hallway from the park. I knew they couldn’t do the shoot that they had prepared because of the rain. I didn’t see the existence of the person who made me come. Sulli looked a little bit surprised, when she caught myself walking toward her.

“What are you doing here? You came to support us? You’re the best friend ever...” She said that, as she was holding both of my hands. I just smiled.

“I told her to come.”

There was a silence from all of us. We kept our mouth shut while we were looking at Kwangmin. I didn’t know where did he came from.

“You guys okay with that?” He added.

They were looking at each other.

“Sure, no problem.” Said Minwoo.

“What should we do? The heavy rain still not stopping.”

None of us were answering Sulli’s question.

“We can use the Art studio.”

Kwangmin kept stealing the attention today.

“That’s not a bad idea. He must’ve spent much of his time there. It’s quite big too.” Zelo said.

I didn’t noticed that he was at the same place as mine. I forgot he was the A-listed photographer in our school. Then, all of us departed to the studio. They were planning to portrait Kwangmin as he paint our school at the park. That image will be appeared as a spread on the half page of the magazine. But, that can’t be done in this place.

“What did usually you paint here?” Zelo asked Kwangmin while he was preparing his camera.

The rest of us were staring at them. Kwangmin just looked at Zelo. “I paint many things here.” Then, he looked at me. “Why don’t we use her?”

“Who?” Zelo saw Kwangmin was pointing at me. “Hanna?”

“Yes.” The star of the day talked a bit much this morning.

Again, a silence from all of us. But, he seemed serious about this.

“Hyeri-ah, please do hair and make up for Hanna...” Sulli said.

Of course I should did it first. My face only contained some moisturizer and lip balm, just like my typical days at school. I wasn’t the type of person that worried so much about my bare face. My long dark brown hair was loose on my back as usual. I just wore a simple plain white t-shirt and a denim-washed jeans. I put my jacket on a desk next to me, I used it when I was out from the car and walking through the rain. Hyeri approached me, she must’ve thought that my face needs a lot of make up to applied.

“No. She looks good just like that.” I really wanted to shut Kwangmin’s mouth.

I sighed, I looked at Sulli. She nodded her head, as a sign that I should follow his request. A minute later, I was sitting on a chair, in front of him and an easel. Just like what we did a couple days ago.

“Relax, Hanna-yah... I’m gonna make you look so good.” Zelo started his work. That wasn’t the first time he had photographed me.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

“Where are you?”

The first sentence that came from my brother when he called. I was done with the sudden photoshoot, they were currently interviewing Kwangmin. I was bored to watch the interview, that’s why I left the Art Studio. I could see the sun showed itself a bit behind the cloud. The rain was about to stop.

“At school. I left you a message, breakfast is on the kitchen table.”

“Ah, this yellow sticky paper... Hanna-yah, you don’t have to attend Sunday school. You’re not in the kindergarten anymore.”

“Oppa, it’s just some school stuffs. I’ll come home soon, okay?”

“I’ll wait you for lunch.”

I agreed on Himchan oppa, then I ended the call. I was out at the hall that facing the park. I love the smell of wet grass after rain. I startled because Kwangmin was there when I turned my back. I wondered when would he stop being so unexpectable.

“Already done with the interview?” I said.

“Yes.”

He inhaled. I knew the wet grass smell was so refreshing. I must admitted he looked good with that maroon sweater. Matched his pale skin really well.

“Mind to have some coffee with me?” He said that after he streched his arms.

I looked at my watch, it was nearly half past eleven.

“I can’t. I promise to go home for lunch.”

“Come on, just a cup of coffee.”

I didn’t know what kind of charm that he had, I just couldn’t say no to almost everything that he asked me to.

“Hey guys! Thank you so much for today.”

Sulli came with her magazine colleagues. Seemed they were heading to the parking lot, about to take off from the school. All of them said goodbye to Kwangmin and I. And then, it was just me and that guy left there.

“Okay.” I said.

He grabbed my hand and we walked toward his car. He opened it’s door for me. Quite well-mannered.

“Hold on... What about my car?”

I said that when he was already sat on the driver’s seat.

“I’ll drop you off here, then.”

He drove his car not terrifyingly as he rode his motorcycle. I guess, it was a good thing that rain came this morning, so that he used a car. We went to a coffee shop not too far from the school. The place was one of the best in the town. I ordered a hot caramel latte for myself, while Kwangmin’s was a pure black coffee. I noticed that when he sat in front of me.

“You really ordered that?”

Black coffee was a big no for me. The taste was so authentic, too bitter, I can’t handle it.

“I need some boost to keep my eyes open. I might need a couple cups of it again for this evening.”

“Too much caffeine is not good for your health.”

I started to sound like his mother. But, if you pay more attention to his eyebags, they were quite big and pretty much swollen. He may had been working too much for the art exhibition. They said the exhibiton would display many of his artworks, even the piece of work that he did seven years ago. Kwangmin had successfully been a well-known artist since he was 11. That was his first time showcasing his work at the national art event.

“I’m getting used to it.”

He said that after he put a single pack of sugar to his coffee.

“Anyway, I’m gonna give a final touch for your painting tonight. You can see it tomorrow, if you want.”

“Of course I want to.”

In fact, there was something I really want to ask him. But, it might be too soon if I asked him today. This was our first hang out together. My curiosity forced me to looked at him a bit different than usual.

“What?” He must’ve caught the curiosity from my eyes.

“Hmm...” I hesitated about it for a while. “Why do you prefer being alone than having many friends?”

He sipped his coffee and stared at me.

“I hate being attached to other people.”

“Why?”

A long silence. I hoped he won’t be mad at me. Maybe I was being too intense.

“Because in the end, I’ll get hurt. They’ll leave, and I’ll lose them.”

It seemed like a good answer. But, I, myself, couldn’t live without my friends.

“You had mentioned that I was your friend. Well, I’m not gonna leave my friend.” I countered his statement.

He seemed won’t let his eyes off me today.

“So, I’m not gonna lose you?”

“Sure.” I nodded while I had another sip of my latte.

“I like that.” He said.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

My brother was watching tv on the living room when I arrived. I greeted him, then I walked toward the stairs.

“Hey, what about the lunch?” He said that while he got up from the couch.

I really forgot the ‘lunch’ thing. All I wanted to do just lying down on my bed. I was about to handing over my car keys to him, when he said, “I’ll drive.”

And then five minutes later, I was out of my house again.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The next morning, I came to school earlier than usual. I was very curious about the painting. I went straight to the studio, and there he was, asleep on a drawing table. I felt sorry for him, he must’ve been very tired. His sleeping face was very calm. I love the sight that I’ve been looking at this morning. He moved his head when I was looking at him. I may have woke him up. He opened his eyes a bit, looked at me, and then he closed it again.

“Kiss me.”

I didn’t believe what did I just heard from him.

“What??” I said.

He opened his eyes and yawned.

“Did I just said something?”

“Yes.”

“Really? What is it?” He asked.

I tried to repeat the strange words that just came out from his mouth. “Kiss me...?”

Then, he kissed me on the lips.