Perfect World

Perfect World

 

It was already late in the morning and Jiro's Mom wondered how come there was no activity in Jiro's room.She usually will hear some movement and banging of the the closet as he look for his clothes.But today it is in total silence.

She knocked on his door,thinking he may have overslept which never happened.And as he did not answer,she pushed the door open and found her son,awake but it seems in a world of his own.

"Jiro ,are you not going to work today?"she asked.She noted the sadness in his eyes.The absence of life in them.She have never seen him in this state before.

"No Mama,I lost my job today."Jiro answer as he got up."Don't worry,I still can get my old job back."

"Did something happen at work?" she asked."What is wrong?"

"No,I just have a hard time adjusting to the new one" as he lied about the reason."But I can get my old job back and then maybe I can find something better later on."

"Did you have a fight with Hebe?"she asked.

Jiro was surprised with his Mom,asking about his own personal life.He just kept quiet,not knowing what to say and how he is going to say it to her.

"I know we did not talk too much when she was here but I can see that she love you very much.So whatever you are fighting about ,whatever differences you have,you should be able to iron it out."she said.

Jiro's eyes teared."Mama we broke up and I think this is final.It is over."Jiro said trying more to convinced himself more than Mama.

"Is it your decision or hers?"Mama asked."I guess it does not matter now,is it?Think about it Jiro,I know you love her and she loves you,that is the most important,all the other things are irrelevant when everything is said and done.If you truly love each other you will put this behind." as she continued and hug her son.

"Thank you Mama but I don't think it is as easy as that."Jiro said.

"Who says that life is a bed of roses.Nothing is easy in life,but the hardship and the effort that you put in your relationship will make it special.And the more you will treasure each other."Mama said.

Jiro smiled."Mama I did not know you are this ....what you may call it hopeless romantic" as he wipe his tears.

"How did you think I hook your Papa?"Mama laughed at the thought of him,the man she only loved."He does not know what hit him in the end."

"Hey what is the private meeting all about?" as Rainie walked in who have just woken up.She eyed both her mother and her brother.He must have told her about Hebe.And judging from their faces,Mama must have imparted some word of wisdom to her brother who managed a smile through all his pain.