Four

Roll The Dice

 

A little bonus chapter I thought you all might enjoy, some YulTae bliss. I hope you enjoy 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Yuri’s never been all too fond of mornings, at least not before she’s had her coffee, every intention to stay in bed as long as she can, spend the morning curled under the sheets dreaming of the energy to get up, until her alarm forces her up after hitting snooze too many times.

 

Though in the recent years, she’s come to enjoy a certain part of the morning, curled under the sheets and dreaming, cuddled up with Taeyeon, legs entwined, arms wrapped around her girlfriend, sleeping so contently on a weekend morning, nowhere to be, no reason to get out of bed till her stomach rumbles for food and they both only wind up back in the sheets.

 

Waking up on the weekend morning though, her hand falls on nothing but the bed on the impression of where she’s grown used to waking up to Taeyeon.

 

Opening her eyes slightly, no sign of Taeyeon in the room, no note left on the bedside table.

 

“Tae?” she calls out, receiving no answer. About to consider rolling out of bed to find her phone, the bedroom door coming open, Taeyeon in a shirt too big for her, one of Yuri’s, her hair messy and let down, her glasses on and a cupcake with a lit candle in hand. Yuri smiling wide as Taeyeon comes to sit down on the side of the bed next to her.

 

“Good morning Yul, happy birthday.” Taeyeon grins, placing the cupcake on the bedside table, Yuri bringing her hands up to run through Taeyeon’s hair, pulling her in for a gentle kiss.

 

“I love you Tae.” Yuri whispers, like it’s their own little secret, blowing out the candle Taeyeon holds up for her.

 

“I love you too Yul.” Taeyeon leans down again, Yuri happily falling into their kiss. Taeyeon breaking away with a sigh, Yuri holding a hand onto her waist.

 

“Come back to bed Tae, it’s early.” Yuri leans up, running her tongue along Taeyeon’s neck. Taeyeon falling back into her.

 

“It’s ten-thirty Yul.”

 

“Yeah, too early.” Yuri grins, nipping gently at Taeyeon’s earlobe, what she knows makes Taeyeon go weak.

 

“You’re.. Ugh, not playing fair.” Taeyeon groans, Yuri wrapping her arms around Taeyeon’s waist, pulling Taeyeon to sit over her, taking a moment to simply look up at Taeyeon, how her messy hair falls, the glasses Yuri adores, a rare moment when Taeyeon isn’t wearing her contacts. Taeyeon letting herself fall down, pressed against Yuri, kissing her till she can barely breathe.

 

Yuri sliding her hands down to rise up Taeyeon’s shirt, Taeyeon stopping her with her last will to resist.

 

“Yul, I have to give you your present.” Taeyeon groans, Yuri giggling.

 

“Aren’t you my present?”

 

“I.. ughhh,” Taeyeon whimpers, Yuri’s hands slipping under her shirt, sliding up her waist. “I did that last year.”

 

“Mmm, I’m okay with you doing it again.”

 

“Get your mind out of the gutter won’t you.” Taeyeon laughs, Yuri letting her head fall back on her pillow.

 

“Okay, my mind is now unguttered.” Yuri lays back in anticipation, Taeyeon smiling wide.

 

“Get dressed.”

 

“I thought the idea was less clothes.” Yuri laughs, Taeyeon smacking her shoulder playfully. “Alright, alright. I’m getting out of bed.”


 

Finding a shirt and a pair of shorts, Yuri follows Taeyeon into the main room, turning curious at the sight of a large wrapped gift next to the sofa.

 

“Tae?” Yuri asks, Taeyeon only grinning excitedly.

 

“Happy birthday love.” Taeyeon motions to the box, Yuri’s mind going wild at the thought of what Taeyeon got her.

 

Sitting besides it and letting her hands get to work on the wrapping, Taeyeon sitting behind her, hugging her close, resting her head on Yuri’s shoulder.

 

“This feels like Christmas morning when I was little.” Yuri laughs, Taeyeon kissing her cheek.

 

“I hope you like it.” Taeyeon watches in anticipation as Yuri pulls the wrapping loose, watching her read the front of the box.

 

“A computer case?” Yuri asks, looking over her shoulder at Taeyeon.

 

“Well.. sort of, there’s more.” Taeyeon gets up, running behind the sofa, coming back with several more wrapped gifts in hand.

 

“Tae.. is this what I think it is?”

 

“Maybe?” Taeyeon grins shyly, sitting in front of Yuri “You seemed like you were really enjoying it when you play on mine,” Taeyeon nods toward her own computer, Yuri over their time together enjoying Taeyeon’s hobbies more than she ever thought she would. Playing cards with Sunny when she visits the shop, games with Jessica and Tiffany, Taeyeon guiding her gently every step of the way into her first moments of gaming. “So I thought, we could build yours and then Jessica and Tiffany can yell at us together.” Taeyeon laughs, so slightly nervous.

 

Yuri lighting up in a smile as bright as Taeyeon can remember seeing. “Tae.. this is so sweet.” Yuri leans over, pressing a chaste kiss to Taeyeon’s lips, looking her hard in the eyes. “I love you so much.”

 

“You like it?” Taeyeon asks, almost disbelieving, Yuri nodding, kissing her again.

 

“Of course I do silly. I love it… though I’m not really sure how to put it together.”

 

“Don’t worry about that, you’ve got me.” Taeyeon smiles, Yuri’s heart pounding in her chest, happy as she can imagine herself feeling.

 

“Yes, yes I do.” Yuri grins, looking over everything laid out. “So.. where do we start?”



 

Yuri admits she doesn’t know the first thing about putting a computer together, or any piece of electronics, what she doesn’t expect is the level of focus in Taeyeon’s eyes as she gets to work laying out the components, a swamp of cables and boards she has no clue for what’s what.

 

“There’s a lot more than I thought there’d be.” Yuri comments, picking up one of the boxes, reading off each word mostly coming off as gibberish to her. “Didn’t you build one a couple months ago?” Yuri asks, recalling Taeyeon jumping for joy months ago, Yuri having watched how focused Taeyeon was then, the same as she is now.

 

“No? Do you mean when I changed my graphics card?”

 

“Is that not the computer?”

 

“Oh Yul, you’re gonna learn a lot today.”

 

“Should I be scared or excited?”

 

“Bit of both.”

 

“Fun.”




 

“Okay so this is the motherboard.” Taeyeon points out, a large board atop its box, Yuri staring clueless at it.

 

“The.. why?”

 

“Cause everything gets plugged in there, it’s what keeps everything running.”

 

“So what’s that box there?” Yuri points to the large metal piece next to the case, having spent the last few minutes trying to imagine what it is.

 

“That’s the power supply.” Taeyeon glances over at the metal box, Yuri only left with more questions for everything else strewn about.

 

“Okay, you wanna start putting it together?” Taeyeon asks, Yuri nodding with timid excitement. “Okay, let's put this in first.” Taeyeon says holding up a small piece of metal, nodding for Yuri to come over next to her. “You’re just gonna fit that in right there, lined up right with the screws.” Taeyeon guides, Yuri placing the metal panel inside the case. “Great, now just screw it in and it’s good.” Taeyeon hands Yuri the screwdriver, tightening the metal piece in.

 

“Okay, it’s in! I did it!” Yuri smiles excitedly, Taeyeon nodding with a smirk.

 

“Yes, you did. You showed that IO guard!” Taeyeon laughs, Yuri shoving her playfully.

 

“Hey I’m not good at this stuff.” Yuri pouts, Taeyeon not hesitating to steal a quick kiss.

 

“You’re doing great. You ready to put the motherboard in?”

 

“Yes!”


 

Yuri learns it only gets more intricate after the small piece of metal, Taeyeon having to guide her hands, lining up perfectly with the case’s back.

 

“Be gentle with it, this is the most important piece.” Taeyeon gasps scared as Yuri pushes it a little hard.

 

“Oh that helps my nerves.”

 

“Aaaah, Yul, it’s alright just oh god!” Taeyeon squeals, Yuri letting her hands off the board.

 

“Tae, you’re not helping with the nervous squealing.”

 

“Sorry, sorry.. This part always scares me.” Taeyeon mumbles, looking away nervously, Yuri only finding her infinitely cute.

 

“Oh Tae, it’s okay. You don’t need to be nervous. Just, trust me okay?” Yuri runs a hand under Taeyeon’s chin, seeing her nod slightly. “And I’ll do my best not to snap it in half.”

 

“Oh my god the thought is scaring me.” Taeyeon laughs, Yuri pulling her in close, stopping just before their lips meet.

 

“You’re so cute right now, I love you so focused.”

 

“I love you.” Taeyeon smiles, reaching up to her eyes, Yuri kissing her hard. Stopping only when they need to gasp for breath. “Okay, I trust you, let’s put this in.”

 

Taeyeon guides Yuri again, lining up with the back screws, getting it lined in perfectly in a single try.

 

“Did I get it?!” Yuri asks excitedly, Taeyeon nodding. “I did it! Take that motherboard!” Yuri cheers, Taeyeon laughing.

 

“Hey that’s going to run everything in there you know.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry motherboard, I love youuu.” Yuri grins, Taeyeon laughing, leaping to kiss her cheek before Yuri can even react. “You’re pretty alright too I guess.”

 

“Hey!” Taeyeon starts to protest, Yuri turning her quiet with a stolen kiss.

 

“I love you too.”

 

“God, am I gonna have to worry about the graphics card stealing you away from me?” Taeyeon grins, Yuri reaching for one of the components.

 

“It already has my heart.”

 

“Yul.. that’s a hard drive.”

 

“I’m learning okay! Now let's put the rest together, I’m ready!”

 

“Okay, let's.” Taeyeon reaches over for a smaller box, Yuri staring curious at the tiny piece of metal she handles with great care.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“This here, is the cpu, we’re just gonna put it really gently into that socket there okay.” Taeyeon says, Yuri staring at her blankly, Taeyeon’s eyes lighting up.

 

“Get your mind out of the gutter.”

 

“What did I do?!”

 

“You know what you did.” Taeyeon rolls her eyes, handing the cpu over to Yuri. “God just put it in there.”

 

“Oh well now you’re the one with your mind in the gutter.” Yuri laughs heartily, Taeyeon shoving her hard, giggling so hard her glasses almost fall off.

 

“Okay, okay, down to business.” Taeyeon tries to keep a straight face, Yuri dashing in for a kiss. “I’m working with a child here.”

 

“You love me!” Yuri grins, filled with confidence, not that Taeyeon can deny it.

 

“You’re lucky I do.”

 

“You’re so right, I am.” Yuri smiles so brightly, Taeyeon feeling her heart pound barely an effort from Yuri to make her go crazy. “Okay my computer genius, guide my hands to put this.. Metal thing in.”

 

“I just told you the name.”

 

“I was too busy thinking about how cute you are.” Yuri grins so confidently, Taeyeon groaning.

 

“God I love you.”


 

Guiding Yuri through most of the components, fitting it into the case, Taeyeon sits back, admiring their work.

 

“Is it done? It’s pretty.” Yuri comments, looking over the shiny silver case.

 

“It is isn’t it. But There’s a bit more.”

 

“I thought we were done after all the cable tying.”

 

“Yeah that’s never the fun part. But it’s not been too bad right?” Taeyeon bites her lip nervously, Yuri glancing over at her, pouting.

 

“Tae, you don’t need to be so nervous.” Yuri brings an arm around Taeyeon’s waist, Taeyeon yelping surprised when she feels Yuri lift her to sit close. “I love you and getting to build this, best birthday present ever.” Yuri smiles, running her hands through Taeyeon’s hair, watching her blush so shyly.

 

“Really?”

 

“Tae, nobody has ever gotten me a computer to build after my very cluelessly enjoying your games all this time.” Yuri smiles, resting her head against Taeyeon’s. “I can’t wait for Jessica, Tiffany and Sunny to tell me how terrible I am at Overwatch.”

 

“You’re not.. That bad..” Taeyeon struggles, Yuri laughing heartily.

 

“Sweetheart, it’s okay, I’ll get better.”

 

“Okay good that was hard.” Taeyeon lets out a breath of relief, Yuri her fingers along Taeyeon’s cheek.

 

“You’re not just letting me into your world, you’re helping me build a way into it. I couldn’t ask for a better gift.”

 

“Yul.. I’m gonna cry, I love you so much.” Taeyeon sniffles, placing her hands on Yuri’s shoulders and taking the last inch between them, kissing Yuri hard, shutting her eyes tight as their lips meet.

 

“I love you too Tae, thank you for making today so great.”

 

“Let’s finish it before I think of another gift to give.” Taeyeon grins, Yuri groaning as she gets back up. “This is the graphics card, this is the last piece and then it’ll be done.. After setting up some things, but that’s boring and we can do that later.”

 

“Oh, ooh, can I guess where this goes?” Yuri takes hold of it, Taeyeon nodding, Yuri looking over the free spots inside. “There?” she points, Taeyeon grinning widely when she sees Yuri point to the right spot.

 

“You got it, just make sure you turn it over.” Taeyeon guides, Yuri pushing it in and putting in the last screw.

 

“Is that it?”

 

“You’ve done it Yul!” Taeyeon cheers, Yuri bouncing up slightly, excited.

 

“Yes! It’s so pretty, I shall call it.. Hani.”

 

“Weren’t you talking about how you wanted a dog named Hani?”

 

“Yeah?” Yuri shrugs, Taeyeon staring at her wide eyed.

 

“You’re gonna name your computer the same name as you’d give a dog?”

 

“I’m not sure if I should find this cute or really weird.. Maybe both.”

 

“You love me for my duality.”

 

“..I can’t even deny how true that is.”

 

“So what now, do we turn it on?”

 

“Mmm, we could and spend all that time finishing it up.. Orrr, I could give you your other present.” Taeyeon whispers, hot breath tickling Yuri’s ear.

 

“You got more?” Yuri asks, Taeyeon groaning, resting her head on Yuri’s shoulder before whispering in her ear again. “Oh.. Oh! A very good birthday.” Yuri grins, Taeyeon leading her to the bedroom, kicking the bedroom door shut. She’d never doubt Taeyeon’s gifts again.