One

Roll The Dice

This might come as a surprise to a lot of you. It's been almost three years since I touched back on this story. 

 

I've said before why I stopped but coming back to it now I wanna make something that really lives up to what I had envisioned when I first started to write this story.

 

Roll The Dice is coming back. As a three part story and to tell something I hope will be enjoyed as much if not more than the story when it was first done. 

 

 

I hope you'll enjoy it and thank you for reading.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Taeyeon never found much comfort in most things. When she was young sitting at the back of the class, hoping nobody would notice her.

 

Struggling to look directly into someone's eyes or say more than two words to someone. In early years where the most anyone said to her was antagonising to kick those few words out of her.


 

Being the odd one out never gave her much for friends, not those around her. Till she’d sit and see a world that treated her kinder. Strangers where she could be none too different.

 

Through highschool years of misery spent going through the motions of awkwardness and outcast. In the short glimpses of time she’d be able to escape into something more pleasant. Sat behind a screen and live where those who see her can hear more than her two words or defensive shell, where Taeyeon can be Taeyeon and not so scared about the the things outside of it.


 

When she gets older, changes come. When she starts to realize attraction. How girls her age start to talk about boys in a less innocent light than when they were young and even for it she feels at a loss. She imagines she should feel something for a guy or any. Where again she feels different of those around her. She feels, not for the boys though.

 

An attraction, like a futile crush though towards another girl. However hard she tries to push it down.

 

She spends most of those times trying not to think of what it means, praying to be normal like those around her.


 

Till college came around and her ideas of becoming normal became far shot off.



 

When meeting Sunny, her roommate for freshman year, she could muster more than those two words to say. A friend that shared the same passions as her. Where they’d spend late nights with no time to spare playing one thing or another and laughing without inhibition.

 

Her first friend, who brought her out of her tight held shell. The first who she ever told she was gay, where even though Taeyeon expected the worse, Sunny simply held her while she cried, told her she’d always be a friend.

 

And eventually one who proposed an idea that seemed so ludicrous Taeyeon didn’t see much choice but to follow her into it.

 

Taeyeon’s parents weren’t enthusiastic at the idea of Taeyeon not putting her degree to use for long after graduating. Or would they be less so when Taeyeon told them the truth that they were running a games store rather than whatever wild idea they had thought to tell their families at the start.






 

Waking up with the sound of her phone alarm, Taeyeon lunges up, reaching for her phone, silencing it as quick as she can before thumping back against the sheets, hugging a pillow close as she attempts to go back to sleep. Ringing again with her text tone, finally making her push up.

 

“It’s too early.” she groans, eyes struggling at the glaring light from the screen before she kicks her way out of bed.

 

Getting ready she hears the pouring rain outside. Not excited by the look of the dreary skies or the early morning and her lack of coffee to wake her up.

 

Walking down to the parking garage of her building, she smiles, seeing her trustworthy yellow beetle that’s stayed with her since college. The car Sunny swore nobody should ever buy and that it’d break down in the first year.

 

It did, that year and the year after and by now it starting without a fuss seemed more surprising than not.

 

When the puttering engine comes to life, Taeyeon grins, running her hands over the wheel.

 

“You’ve still got it girl.”


 

Rain blasting against the windshield, parking by the shop she rushes through the rain, getting inside she feels the glare of Sunny already on her, the girl sat behind the counter.

 

“Car troubles?”

 

“Would that be better than I was up late playing?”

 

“I’ll consider myself lucky you’re here before we open.”

 

“See now you’re tempering your expectations to realistic.” Taeyeon grins, Sunny groaning the same she always has for Taeyeon’s humor.

 

“I’ve got that tournament to get to. So please don’t burn the shop down please.”

 

“Hey I can handle myself. I’ll just burn down the cards, everything else will be fine.”

 

Seeing Sunny laugh, the girl grabs her things, walking over to Taeyeon. “I’ll see you later okay. Wish me luck.”

 

“As if you need more of that.”

 

“Could at least humor me.”

 

“Alright. Good luck.” Taeyeon giggles, giving Sunny a hug before she goes. When she’s left alone in the shop, Taeyeon sighs with a slight smile, turning on her heels and bringing the sign on the door from closed to open. “So begins another day.”



 

There’s certain things Taeyeon enjoys about running the shop alone. The regulars, who she makes no fuss about joining for a game when there’s not much else to do. On rainy days when everything was slow and it felt more like a home away from home, a home with customers, but a home nonetheless.

 

Or when a woman who catches her eye like no other. Striding in on the sound of high heels, a shutting umbrella and the ringing of the bell by the door.

 

Flowing raven black hair, red leather jacket stood out against the dreary skies and pouring rain. Enough to take Taeyeon’s eye till she realizes she should talk to them rather than stare like a wordless oaf.

 

“Hi, welcome to Nat 20, how can I help?” Taeyeon starts, standing up from behind the counter, the woman looking over at her surprised.

 

“Oh, hi uhm, sorry I’m not really sure what I’m looking for.” she sighs, Taeyeon walking from around the counter.

 

“That’s okay, was there something you wanted specifically?”

 

“I’m not sure, my nephew he said magic? I think that was it.” the woman says, looking around the store in an attempt to find her bearings.

 

“Magic? I have just the thing.” Taeyeon smiles, walking to the shelves beside the counter.

 

“He said it and I thought he meant card tricks or that kind of stuff.”

 

“Well, there’s the cards. Not sure we have the dove in a hat kind of stuff though.” Taeyeon jokes, smiling to hear the woman giggle. “Did he say anything about set? Year or such?” Taeyeon asks, the woman staring at her perplexed.

 

“I.. Sorry, I really don’t..”

 

“That’s alright, this is probably it. Very popular right now.” Taeyeon reaches overhead for a box, struggling onto her tiptoes to try and grab it though seeing a hand reach over her own, she turns back, the woman pulling the box down for her. “T-thank you.” Taeyeon stutters, looking at her up close, the woman smiling slightly before handing Taeyeon back the box.

 

Walking back over to the counter Taeyeon starts to scan it, the woman looking around the place curiously.

 

“I walk past this place everyday. I didn’t really know what it was.”

 

“Maybe we need to up our advertising.” Taeyeon says almost wanting to smack herself with the comment.

 

“My nephew was very adamant I come here. He must quite like it here.”

 

“Well you know, I like to think it’s a home away from home. Maybe it’s like that?”

 

“I guess so.” the woman watches Taeyeon, finding herself grinning slightly.

 

“Did you need anything else?”

 

“Oh if I wanted to spoil him more, maybe. Thank you..” she starts, left hoping for a name.

 

“Taeyeon. And it’s no problem.”

 

“Well, thank you Taeyeon.”

 

“Hope you come back soon.” Taeyeon waves as the woman walks out the door. When it shuts and she’s left alone in the shop again she falls back into her chair. Sighing dreamily as she tries to imagine the sight of her again.





 

When Sunny gets back as Taeyeon is closing up she raves about winning, stacking yet another trophy on their shelves.

 

“So anything interesting happen while I was gone?” Sunny asks as they stride along the street, umbrella held as the rain still pelts down.

 

“Some regulars, but not much else.” Taeyeon grins, Sunny staring curiously at her.

 

“I’m sure that explains that shameless grin of yours.”

 

“Shameless grin?”

 

“I know you too well Tae. Now tell me what was interesting?” Sunny laughs, Taeyeon groaning as her cheeks go red.

 

“It’s stupid.”

 

“Tae surely by this point you know most of what we do is usually stupid.”

 

“We’re out in the rain, I’m tired.. It can wait.”

 

Seeing Sunny in her stubborn glare, Taeyeon knows she won’t get out of it anytime soon.

 

“There was this girl who came into the shop.” Taeyeon admits, Sunny still staring into her.

 

“Alright, details. What happened?”

 

“Nothing, nothing happened. She was buying cards for her nephew, she was really pretty and that’s it.”

 

“Aw, Tae that’s sweet.”

 

“Nothing happened!”

 

“Mmm, too late. I’m now imagining the chance romance of Taeyeon and the mystery girl.” Sunny laughs, walking off, Taeyeon sighing with her grin still present.

 

“I wish.”








 

Sunny’s grilling over the mystery woman doesn’t stop at the rainy streets. When she teases her over the mic as they play.

 

“So wait is it serious?” Taeyeon hears in English, one of their friends. Taeyeon crashing her head against her keyboard from the teasing.

 

“Tiffany! I said she was pretty, I didn’t say we were dating.” Taeyeon answers back in perfect English. One of the more useful skills she picked up when her younger years were spent talking to those who didn’t share a common tongue.

 

“Me and Jess met at a friday night magic. It’s not impossible.” Tiffany says, Taeyeon almost able to hear her smile.

 

“She’s just someone who came in to get a present. This is way out of proportion.”

 

“I liked the part where you said she could be a model.” Taeyeon hears Jessica, giving up on trying to contain her embarrassment.

 

“She was pretty. That’s all I said.”

 

“Tae focus on your cooldowns.” Sunny calls out, Taeyeon groaning as she tries to focus on the game.

 

“Yeah, pretty enough to be a model. Ooh! I bet she’s tall.” Tiffany says, Taeyeon recalling the woman reaching over her.

 

“I think I’m gonna go to bed early.” Taeyeon groans, more than happy to close out for the night.


 

When she gets into bed, hearing her phone, she opens it only see a text from Sunny.

 

‘But was she tall though?’

 

The sound of Taeyeon smacking her head against her pillow is enough to shake her bedframe, praying Sunny doesn’t continue to bring it up.



 

Luckily for her, Sunny doesn’t bring it up again. At least until it brings itself back up. Come friday, when the store is full, of eager card players and the people who make the store feel like a place of home.

 

Watching over the tables, Taeyeon smiles, the laughing, joy. Like the image she imagined when Sunny came to her with the idea.

 

Seeing a shop full of people simply set on having fun, over a hobby shared. It seemed so far off from what she spent years of college for. Though she admits she’d rather have it than her old job.

 

Hearing the bell under the door ring, she looks over. Her stomach dropping and eyes shooting wide.

 

The same woman who spawned her ridicule, who Taeyeon kept in her mind since that rainy day.

 

Followed by a young boy, Taeyeon assumes to be her nephew. When their eyes meet, the woman smiling towards her.

 

“Taeyeon right? I hope I didn’t forget.”

 

“That’s right. You came back I see.” Taeyeon says, wanting to smack herself for such an obvious question.

 

“I did, well Jae-hyun here needed someone to bring him to his favorite friday gig. So here I am.”

 

“So this must be your nephew. I recognise you, you beat me all the time you deck building genius.” Taeyeon grins, kneeling in front of Jaehyun, the boy smiling shyly. “You know Sunny, I’m sure she can get you set alright.” Taeyeon points behind her, Jaehyun nodding before bolting off.

 

“He must like you. I hardly see him so excited.”

 

“I think he just likes showing me how bad I am.” Taeyeon laughs, the woman giggling.

 

“I’m Yuri. I didn’t really get the chance to tell you last time.”

 

“Yuri, well I hope you can have some fun tonight with everyone.”

 

Seeing Yuri look over the tables, Taeyeon can see the clueless expression plastered on her.

 

“Do you wanna learn it?” Taeyeon points back towards the table, Yuri looking on curiously.

 

“Oh I’m not sure, Jaehyun tried showing it to me once.”

 

“Well, I happen to be a good teacher.” Taeyeon grins, Yuri giving her a slight smile.

 

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”



 

Yuri struggles to follow along with what Taeyeon says. Not for it being complex or that she’s bored. Listening to Taeyeon inexplicably more captivating than she’d care to admit.

 

“So when you tap the card sideways that means it’s..” Taeyeon starts, looking up when she realizes Yuri has been staring at her. “I’m boring you aren’t I?”

 

“What?! No, no I’m just.. Listening.”

 

“So I’m curious Yuri. What do you do?” Taeyeon asks, deciding to toss the idea of teaching aside.

 

“Oh it’s.. It’s gonna sound ridiculous.”

 

“I own a gameshop. I know ridiculous.” Taeyeon giggles, Yuri nodding.

 

“I’m a model.”

 

“What?! How is that ridiculous.” Taeyeon smiles, her mind immediately jumping to her friends guesses, not at all excited to tell them. “You’re.. Very beautiful.” Taeyeon compliments, feeling herself flush red, almost disbelieving she said it.

 

“Thank you Taeyeon. You’re very gorgeous yourself.” Yuri smiles with utmost confidence, though the wink she sends her makes Taeyeon’s heart pound and a single thought she so often dares not to indulge.

 

“I.. uh..thank you.” Taeyeon mumbles, trying to conceal the fact that she feels herself burning up.

 

“I don’t think I’m very good at this.” Yuri rests her head in her palms, clueless for the game.

 

“That’s alright, maybe it’s not for you.”

 

“Thank you for trying with me though. Jaehyun gave up after the first five minutes.”

 

“It’s no problem, really. I just hope I didn’t bore you.”

 

“Not at all.” Yuri smiles, Taeyeon’s stomach tumbling at the sight.

 

“Taeyeon, we need your help over here.” One of the tables call, Taeyeon looking back at Yuri.

 

“I should help them out.”

 

With Yuri giving her a slight wave, Taeyeon feels like she can breathe again when she leaves the table, though that air gets knocked right out of her when Sunny comes up and none too subtly whispers as to whether Yuri was the woman she was talking about.


 

When they begin to close up for the night Sunny waves to everyone as they leave. Taeyeon cleaning up whatevers left, though when she hears a familiar voice, she feels her breath knocked out of her one more time.

 

“Hey, I just wanted to thank you. Tonight was.. More fun than I thought it’d be.” Yuri steps close, Taeyeon nodding numbly.

 

“I’m glad you liked it. Jaehyun seems pretty happy.”

 

“Yeah, no wonder he likes to come here.” Yuri looks back towards her nephew, Jaehyun talking excitedly with Sunny. “I wanted to ask you something and maybe it’s a little odd I just.. Would you want to go out sometime?” Yuri asks, Taeyeon staring dumbfounded, trying to process the question in her head. Wondering if Yuri means it the way she thinks or if her mind is simply hallucinating. “Sorry I just thought we were on the same.. If I misread I’m sorry I..”

 

“Yes!” Taeyeon blurts out a little too excitedly, surprising Yuri. “Sorry.. Yes, I’d uhm.. I’d like that.”

 

“Great, I’ll call you?” Yuri asks, Taeyeon nodding before realizing she shouldn’t stand still wondering. Pulling her phone out for Yuri to write her number down. “Bye Taeyeon.”

 

“Bye.” Taeyeon waves, Yuri already out the door.

 

“Did she just ask you out?” Sunny comes over to her, Taeyeon staring blankly into space.

 

“That actually happened didn’t it.”

 

“You’re so gay.”

 

“You’re so right I am.”













 

“She asked you?! See Tae, we told you!” Tiffany yells excitedly over the mic, Taeyeon still caught in a grin at the thought.

 

“All you did was try to get me to say what she looked like.”

 

“You met her at a friday night in your shop. That’s like how me and Tiff met.” Jessica says, the sound of Tiffany blowing a kiss over the mic, making Sunny and Taeyeon both groan.

 

“Yes we all know and I did not meet her there, she just.. Came back.”

 

“Oooh, ooh! She’s a model too.” Sunny exclaims, Taeyeon wishing she hadn’t told her.

 

“I was right!” Tiffany exclaims a sound almost piercing enough to make all of them pull off their headphones.

 

“Tiff, you’re gonna make us all go deaf one day.” Jessica laughs, the sound of something hitting her. “Ow.”

 

“I’m sorry sweetie are you okay?”

 

“You didn’t have to punch my shoulder.” Jessica groans, Taeyeon and Sunny knowing what comes next.

 

“Stop! I don’t need to hear you both do this over the mic again.”

 

“You’re just jealous of our love.” Tiffany laughs, Sunny and Taeyeon collectively smacking their heads against their desk.

 

“That must be it. Obviously.” Taeyeon answers filled with sarcasm.

 

“I feel like everyone has forgotten we’re playing right now.” Sunny groans, Tiffany and Jessica laughing.

 

“Alright fine we’ll quit it.”

 

“Baby!” they all hear Tiffany sigh, even Jessica shouting back.

 

“Focus… later though.” Jessica grins, Taeyeon knowing it’s almost a victory just to stop them making out whenever they play.

 

“I question why I bothered learning English for this.” Taeyeon adds, Tiffany laughing loudly.

 

“Cause we’re just too lovely.”

 

“I’m sure that’s it.” Taeyeon whispers in Korean, Sunny giggling quietly.

 

“I still know a bit of Korean Tae!” Tiffany yells, half laughing.

 

“Taking all the fun out of this, I swear.”





 

Passing the weekend goes mostly the same, though passing so quietly as Taeyeon waits for a call though nothing comes.

 

When monday comes around she still holds out hope though the thought begins to wear. Till lunchtime comes around and while she’s preparing to leave with Sunny to get a bite her phone rings.

 

“This is Taeyeon.”

 

“Hi Taeyeon, it’s Yuri.” she hears her familiar voice over the line, when Sunny sees Taeyeon’s eyes shoot wide she stops still.

 

“Yuri uhm, hey hi.” Taeyeon greets again, wanting to smack herself for it.

 

“Hey, so I have an hour for lunch and I’m in the area of your shop, I was wondering if maybe you’d wanna get some coffee?”

 

“Coffee? I..” Taeyeon looks over at Sunny, the girl staring at her in disbelief, ushering her to go. “That sounds great.”

 

“Great, I saw a little cafe last time I was at the shop, can I meet you there?”

 

“Sure! I’ll be there soon.”

 

When Taeyeon hangs up Sunny carries her ever confident grin.

 

“Fine go meet your girlfriend.”

 

“She just asked me to coffee, not my girlfriend!”

 

“Yeah well go on and don’t keep her waiting.”




 

Sitting inside the cafe and waiting for Yuri, Taeyeon feels as though her heart will burst from nerves. Hearing the sound of clicking stilettos she looks up. Her form fitting black dress, a brown jacket and eyes drawn in a fierce black.

 

Where Taeyeon sits in a t-shirt that shouts bright pink and displays a pikachu all too present. The ragged old jacket she’s worn since college. Yuri all too easily to put her to shame.

 

“Hey there.” Yuri waves, coming to take a seat. Taeyeon smiling as Yuri sits down,

 

“Hey, I wasn’t sure what you like but anything here is quite good.” Taeyeon recalls all too well the many times herself or Sunny would indulge a little too much on the cabinet food.

 

“I’m spoiled for choice.” Yuri laughs, quickly ordering before coming back. “I’m sorry I didn’t call you over the weekend. I had this shoot out of town.”

 

“Shoot?”

 

“Mhm, this magazine wanted to do a nature thing. Just a bunch of pictures around scenery.”

 

“Wow, that’s.. I’ve never really known anyone who gets to do those kind of things.”

 

“Pose in a forest? It’s not as glamorous as you’d think.” Yuri laughs lightly, Taeyeon finding the sound of her laugh like a soft music. “It’s a far cry from what I went to college for.”

 

“What’d you study?”

 

“I was a business major if you can believe it.” Yuri smiles, Taeyeon surprised to hear the answer.

 

“I wonder what it’s like if we followed it.”

 

“Oh I couldn’t stand it, my father, he wanted me to be like him.” Yuri admits, recalling her time studying with a sigh.

 

“So what did you want?” Taeyeon asks, Yuri smiling with a gaze that looks straight into Taeyeon’s eyes.

 

“Fashion. I guess I ended up there in some sense. Just always imagined myself designing.” Yuri sighs, resting the side of her head on her palm. “What’d you do?”

 

“I studied engineering.” Taeyeon admits, Yuri staring surprised at the answer.

 

“An engineer? That’s very impressive.”

 

“I think it mostly just makes people wonder why I run a shop instead.” Taeyeon says, Yuri’s smiling turning concerned.

 

“Well, I don’t wonder.” Yuri risks to reach her hand across the table, her fingers running over Taeyeon’s. Though with the nervous look in Taeyeon’s eyes her hand retreats. “I”m sorry, I.. Taeyeon I hope I wasn’t confusing with what I meant when I asked you out..”

 

“I.. no, no.. well, I hope it’s..”

 

“I’m attracted to you Taeyeon, I’m..” Yuri starts, Taeyeon stopping her before she says the word she knows will come next.

 

“I know. I’m.. I like you like that too, just.. Not in public.” Taeyeon admits, Yuri bringing her hand back. Feeling her heart drop to know the piece Taeyeon keeps hidden away.

 

“Right, sorry I didn’t mean to.”

 

“It’s okay and.. I’m glad you feel the same.”

 

“Let’s get out of here.” Yuri smirks, Taeyeon turning curious. “Let’s take a walk, the sun’s out so let’s go.” Yuri gets up, taking her jacket, looking back for Taeyeon.

 

“Okay.”



 

Walking out from the cafe, striding along the streets, Taeyeon can’t help but smile, Yuri letting the easy blow of the wind go through her hair like there’s nothing more peaceful.

 

“So why a game shop?”

 

Looking up at Yuri, she smiles brightly. “I never really thought about it before it happened. It was my passion to do all those things, so when Sunny asked me to start it with her, it all seemed natural.”

 

“That’s.. Kind of poetic, in some way.”

 

“Maybe, I think I would’ve followed Sunny into anything after that time out of college. It’s good her idea was something that worked though.”

 

“Seeing Jaehyun so happy, I’m glad it was something that worked.”

 

“Worked a little too well, he quite likes to tear me up with those cards of his.”

 

“Well, my brother must’ve given him the competitive spirit.”

 

Coming across a park, Taeyeon’s eyes light up, Yuri laughing to see her run excitedly over to a pair of swings.

 

“You a fan of the swing set?”

 

“Oh we all have a little inner child. It’s fun.” Taeyeon laughs, swinging lightly, Yuri striding to the seat next to her. “So, how’d modelling happen?”

 

“A scout saw me on campus in my second year. He ran up to me faster than I’ve ever seen anyone and he told me I could be a model.”

 

“Really?! That sounds so creepy.”

 

“He was. I was very nervous, he gave me his card though and thankfully the agency wasn’t as bad as their scout.”

 

“Was it always nature shoots with magazines?” Taeyeon asks, Yuri laughing heartily.

 

“My first shoot was for an organic diapers brand.”

 

“Organic diapers?”

 

“I still don’t know. But it involved a day of holding a baby nobody could get to stop crying and smiling while I held some diapers.”

 

“You learn something new everyday.”

 

“Don’t tell anyone about that, I’m not sure I wanna be known as the organic diaper lady.”

 

“Your secret is safe with me.” Taeyeon grins, placing her finger over her lips.

 

Noticing the time, Yuri’s eyes go wide, shooting up. “I didn’t think the whole hour had passed.”

 

“Oh god it is. Sunny is probably wondering where I am.”

 

“I should get back to my shoot. I’ll see you soon?” Yuri asks, slightly nervous, Taeyeon shyly nodding. “Bye Taeyeon.”

 

“Bye Yuri.” Taeyeon waves, watching as she starts to walk off.

 

“Call me!” Yuri shouts, Taeyeon’s cheeks red. Giving her a nod that leaves Yuri with a wide smile.



 

Walking back into the shop, Sunny is stacking inventory, lighting up excitedly at the sight of Taeyeon.

 

“So, how’d it go?”

 

Sliding into her chair, Taeyeon sighs, looking up at the ceiling.

 

“She’s something else.”

 

“Is that a good something else?”

 

“I think so.” Taeyeon sighs, a wide grin plastered across her lips.

 

“God, you’re already whipped and it was just coffee.”

 

“Hey, I’m not whipped! Jessica is whipped.”

 

“Okay I see your point.” Sunny groans, shivering at the thought of keeping their friends from trying to practically devour each other. “Well get your back to work, you can be lovesick when we don’t need to refill.”

 

“Sometimes I wonder if you know I own this place too.”

 

“As if I’m not your boss.”

 

“I feel like you get too much joy out of this.”

 

“You’re right, I do. Now get over here and help me lovergirl.”

 

“That better not become a regular nickname.”

 

“Oh if only I were so cruel.” Sunny laughs, almost maniacal









 

Laying in bed, Taeyeon hardly goes to sleep easy. The thought of her date with Yuri still running through her mind. Though the sound of a text on her phone is quick to make those thoughts subside.

 

Till she reads the message and it only makes her heart race again.

 

‘I had a great time today, thank you Taeyeon.’

 

It does nothing to make sleep come easy, most of the night spent looking up at the ceiling, smiling as she holds her phone close to her chest.


 

Calling Yuri the day after, she arranges dinner. What Sunny calls Taeyeon’s first real date in years.

 

When she sits in Taeyeon’s apartment, tossing through her wardrobe in search of something suitable to wear.

 

“Isn’t this fine?” Taeyeon holds up a dark blue dress shirt. Sunny practically slapping it away.

 

“This is dinner Taeyeon, we need a dress, some heels and.. I gotta do something about your hair.”

 

“Hey! What’s wrong with my hair?”

 

“Nothing.. It’s just.. Let me work my magic, you’ll see.”

 

“Sunny I don’t think all of this is necessary.”

 

“Too bad, I refuse to let you go out with anything less.”

 

Seeing the same stubborn glare in Sunny, Taeyeon relents. “Fine, mom!” Taeyeon groans sarcastically, Sunny laughing.

 

“Now, stay still and let me rummage your wardrobe.”




 

Walking into the restaurant she’d told Yuri to meet her at, she nervously looks over herself. The dress that Sunny had pulled out something she hadn’t worn since her early years of college. A set of flats Taeyeon had managed to work Sunny down to, refusing to wear heels. Eyes screaming ferocity and her hair she admits Sunny did well on, flowing down in silken straight lines.

 

Finding Yuri and seeing the look in her eyes, Taeyeon only feels like she wants to go back to her usual of wearing a jersey and tee. At least until Yuri says what makes her forget a lacking confidence.

 

“Taeyeon, you’re.. Very beautiful.” Yuri stands up, pulling a seat out for Taeyeon, the slightest smile to see the blush that comes to Taeyeon’s cheeks.

 

“T-thank you.”

 

“It’s a nice place, have you been before?” Yuri asks, looking around the restaurant

 

“I.. no, I don’t really usually have a reason.” Taeyeon admits, Yuri turning curious.

 

“A reason?”

 

“I don’t usually.. Do this.”

 

“This being?” Yuri asks, though she knows well enough.

 

“Date.. I don’t really.. Date.”

 

“Should I consider myself lucky?”

 

“I was thinking that for myself.” Taeyeon admits, Yuri’s eyes shooting wide before bursting into a smile.

 

“Maybe we both are.”



 

Taeyeon’s only ever found herself talking for hours on end as though it’s the most comfortable thing in the world to a token few people. Talking with Yuri, they forget the time or passing of till the restaurant begins to close.

 

Walking along the streets at night, even along the streets where Yuri’s fingers entwine with Taeyeon, just them along the street. Not another soul in sight.

 

“I had a really great time tonight.” Taeyeon smiles, feeling her heart beat hard at the feeling of Yuri’s hand held with her own.

 

“Don’t say had as though it’s over.” Yuri grins mischievously, Taeyeon stopping to look up at her.

 

“Mmm and why’s that?”

 

Stepping in front of Taeyeon, her bright brown eyes that look so far into Taeyeon, she feels her heart race. Yuri’s hand taking a strand of hair back as she leans in, holding still before coming closer. Looking for hesitation in Taeyeon though seeing the same driven want returned.

 

Kissing her on the dark quiet street, Yuri melts into the feeling of Taeyeon’s lips, the soft gasps that come from her, heavy breaths or the pounding of her heart.

 

Taeyeon almost forgets that where they are is so public, feeling the night wind blow through her hair, though she kisses Yuri still. Feeling the air knocked out of her lungs and not a care to have her breath come back.


 

Breaking apart from the kiss, both breathing hard, Yuri’s head rested against Taeyeon’s.

 

“Goodnight Taeyeon.”

 

“Goodnight Yuri.”