Chapter One: Pressing Reality

A Decade of You

2013

So i heared you've been been seeing someone? Jessica asked as she drinks her 2nd glass of red wine for the night.

No, I'm not seeing anyone. She's just there, she volunteered to be my driver, it beats the effort of driving how can i say no that.Tiffany said as well roll our eyes with much suspicion.

Aren't you being a little mean, I mean it's like you're giving her false hopes. And I imagined you to be with a guy this time. I just don't approved.

Hey, i didn't asked to be driven or to be cared for okay. I'm with her for convenience, that's all and no, i don't like her like that. She is not even half as good looking as this one.

Hey don't get me involved in this, Tiffany is an adult and can make her decisions all on her own and of course face the consequences on her own too, i said with a laugh.

Tiffany punch my arm with what I said while exhale the smoke that has been brewing insides my lungs.

We were having a fun night, talking about work and how it changed Jessica's view of people. I have never been disapointed in people like this! Jessica said as she cursed and rant about her colleagues. I would have commented or have given a positive advise but I didn't, I wasn't listening, always not listening while i consumed my 3rd glass of the red liquid with a cigarette on my right hand, silent.

Don't you think it's scary, I mean she knows where you live and she also knows your schedule. What if one day, you decide that you don't need her around anymore and that you want to date a guy instead. She can stalk you and do whatever, this time it was Sunny.

I don't think it will ever come to that point, besides, I can't even find a decent time to catch up with your guys, how can i seriously date someone. I agreed with a nod and another puff.

You know what I think, I think you still love each other. I mean Taeyeon hasn't dated anyone after you, I think she still loves you and maybe she still thinks that you'll still end up together in the end. Jessica said with her eyes half closing, flushed cheeks and 100% confidence with what she was saying.

Tiffany looked at me waiting...

Athough at that time i really don't know what i looked like or how I shoud counter her statement but i have to say something, something fast. I can feel my face heat up, not really sure it it's due to the wine, or the cigarette or because i don't know, yeah I don't know. yeah...

Woah, hey! we're here you know. You're talking about us like were not even here. I finally protested. Past is past, move on guys, we have, so should you. I'm happy with what I have now. And I'm sure Tiffany is also also happy with whatever she is doing, right?

She agreed with a nod.

It's a tradition for us, we meet, eat, drink the red liquid, talk about our lives, love life, work, how work is becoming work and not friendly at all and rant about colleagues, of how incompetent some peope are. And still I was there silent, still drinking the red liquid with a cigarette between my fingers.

As the night go deeper soon we find ourselves in the sidewalk. Drinking too much, my arms was around Jessica's waist holding her up just so she won't fall down while Sunny hail for a cab for the both of them. Tiffany saying goodbye to us with her "driver". I didn't look at her "driver", not even a peak, i don't need to.

I was alone at last, waiting for a taxi to get me home, I lit up another cigarette and thought, at least Jessica has a

job, at least Sunny is in a relationship, at least Tiffany has a ride and well, at least the "driver" has Tiffany, what do

I have. What do I have really?

I wasn't able to answer my own question, well, its late and I'm kinda drunk and my mouth is dry, and I don't really need to.