Couple Shirts

My Dear Deer

 

Luhan and I were sitting together at the school’s bleachers in the field waiting for our PE class when Sulli came.

“Hey guys!” she waved at us at what I assume to be 50 meters away from where we were sitting. Others turned their backs and looked at us too. We’re at the topmost and farthest part away from the others. I don’t like the hype that comes before PE class so I isolated myself when I came. Students just get too excited with reasons I don’t know. Luhan gladly sat beside me when he arrived.

I glared at Sulli for causing too much attention but Luhan waved back returning a hey too. I rolled my eyes at them.

“Are you guys actually wearing a couple shirt?” the first thing Sulli said when she stood before us. ’s agaped in surprise.

“Hello, we’re all wearing a PE shirt.” I shook my head at her. Insane.

“Yeah, I know. But it only took me one look to observe..” she trailed off then looked at Luhan. “What’s the size of your shirt Luhan?”

“Medium. Why?” he answered innocently not getting what Sulli is thinking too.

She clapped her hands in delight. “I’m right!” she grinned. “You see, Ji Ah also wears a medium!”

“So? Others could have worn medium too,” I answered dead beat.

“No no. You don’t understand.” Okay, now I don’t understand. She continued, “All the girls here are wearing small, fat Amy is wearing large and the guys, either large or extra large or extra extra large.”

Luhan & I looked at each other while scanning the shirts that we’re wearing. I turned his body around so that his back faces me. He didn’t shrug or move so I looked at the tag at the back of his shirt and saw a big M.

True, he’s wearing a Medium. Like mine.

I laughed.

“What’s funny?” Luhan asked while smoothing his shirt.

“Nothing,” I smiled.

“She’s just happy that you two are wearing couple shirts,” Sulli grinned.

I almost forgot that she’s still with us. Luhan eats all my attention when he’s around me. As if other people were fading away in the background. How’s that?

I glared at Sulli and asked her begrudgingly. “How come you know the shirt sizes of others?”

“Don’t you remember? I was the one who ordered shirts for the whole class at the first week of the semester. You even helped me carry those and bring it to them,” she said making me remember.

A scene where both of us were panting because of climbing steep stairs while carrying numerous shirts flashed in my head.

“I remember.”

Luhan laughed suddenly.

“And why are you laughing?” I asked as if I’m accusing him for a very grave action.

“You look cute when you try to remember things,” he flashed me his million dollar smile then poked my cheeks.

“CLASS!!” the PE teacher called out from the green field. Luhan stood up then made his way to the open space leaving me with Sulli behind.

I slowly stood up still surprised with the poking he did. Why did my heart suddenly burst with that skinship just now? We’ve always been closed but my heart didn’t skip a beat till now.

Do I like Lu---?

Sulli suddenly elbowed my side disrupting my thoughts. She grinned knowingly at me while wiggling her eyebrows.

“Shut up Sulli.”

She placed her arm around my shoulders leisurely then laughed as we made our way to the field with her hopping all the way.

Still in daze, I saw Luhan with the others who were practicing their football skills. His gaze suddenly made its way to me, he waved but I just stuck my tongue out trying not to be awkward as much as possible. He scrunched his face cutely making my face heat up.

Do I like Luhan now?

Do I?

 

“You did what?!” Sulli spat on her food.

Lunch break. Cafeteria. Sulli and I.

“We went to the Han River. I taught him how to bike, we ate & watched fireworks,” I related to her what happened to Luhan and I last Saturday. “Ah, we also went to the museum before all that.” I said as I twirled my spaghetti.

“You did not!” Sulli said looking so surprised. I would really like to laugh at her reaction if not only Luhan suddenly sat beside me with tray full of food in his hands. I snatched an apple from him and smiled while blinking several times. “Thanks deer.”

“Hey! No! That’s mine!” he grumbled. I threw the apple at him but he managed to catch it. I made a face.

“Here,” he said while placing an orange at my tray.

“Really?” I asked.

“Sure,” he nodded.

“Hey hey. I’m here,” Sulli said clearing . “So, you two had a date last Saturday?”

I choked on the orange slice I just swallowed. “No! We didn’t!” I defended impulsively.

“So what do you call that?” Luhan suddenly asked.

“What?” I looked at him. Did he actually think that was a date? He opened his milkbox and continued eating not even glancing at me.

“Hang out. That was a hang out,” I told Sulli.

Luhan’s shoulders rose up and down.

I chuckled.

“Whatever deer.”

“Deer or dear?” he asked while he’s busy munching his apple.

“D-E-E-R!” I spelled loudly. I think I should stop calling him deer now. It sounds like ‘dear’. That one kind of term of endearment couples use. What did I think of that just now? Maybe he was enjoying how much I called him deer thinking it was ‘dear’. I want to pull my hair in frustration.

Sulli’s phone suddenly rang making me remember again that she’s with us.

“Yoboseyo?” she asked over the phone. I turned to Luhan who was eating happily and pointed at the apple slice at his plate. He smiled then forked it and reached it to me. Does he want to feed me? No way. I turned to my other side.

“Suit yourself,” I heard him say.

I finished my spaghetti while being so aware of Luhan’s presence by my side. I think I ate too girlishly for my character. I ate silently, munched slowly. I’m not behaving like myself before. I think I’m beginning to be self-conscious. Why’s that?

“Jinja? Gomawoyo! Kamsahamnida!” Sulli gleefully said then she hung up the phone.

“Guys!” she excitedly turned to us.

“Yeah?” Luhan and I chorused.

“I won 4 tickets for a Lady Gaga concert!”

 

 

***

Comments pleaseu~ :)

It will really brighten me up. Promise ^^

xoxo :)