CHAPTER ONE

One Hundred Thousand Paper Stars

PART ONE: The Beginning

Big THANKS to MsCommander @ soompi for the beautiful poster.

 

Main OST: The Real Reason We Broke Up - Younha

 

Year Twenty Thirteen

 

“Let me guess, someone broke your heart?” She shivered at the sound of his voice. It was so different; the way he spoke made her literally want to jump out of her skin. She didn’t know what it was but she knew for her that it was not from terror. “He broke my heart because I broke his first.”

 

He let out a small sad laugh, “Tell me your story.”

 

He moved closer to her. He could finally get a clear glance of how she looks. She was a pale petite girl, there wasn’t anything striking about her at all. She was just an average girl but her aura was different from an average girl.

 

“It’s a long story.” She pulled herself closer to her chest and stares right back at him, “Haven’t you heard that it’s rude to stare?”

 

He laughed and looked up to the stars, “The nights here are usually longer than the city anyway. Take your time.”

 

 

She sighs and took a deep breath of the fresh countryside air, “There was this boy that loved me. He loved me with everything that he had. I was not a lovable person……

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

but he still loved me.”

 

 

 

“In the end, the past is nothing but a painful bittersweet memory.”

 

 

 

Year Twenty Eleven

 

“This is disgusting,” She threw her spoon on the table. “You called this soup!!” The girl’s voice was so loud that you could hear her hollering all the way to the kitchen about how the food tastes like dirty old feet.

 

 “Yah, take this away right now or else I’ll throw it in your face.” The maid nervously threw away all the food but not before giving a bow to the Lady.

 

From the outside world it was and would be a pleasure to work for the one of the most influential families in the country. All of the previous family members have been famous musicians for centuries. Many members of the family have even played for the previous Kings of the country. Her great-grandfather has even managed to pull off a very successful business in the music industry. And so on the other family members were able to branch the more business into other fields.

 

But you know that everything isn’t always as it seems behind closed doors. Many people who worked for the family works for their whole life till the day they die. It’s considered an honor to serve for the family to the unknown outside world unless you’re a worker inside the family house then not so much. The Master and Madame lives with the eldest family member, Master’s father along with their only child, a daughter, Lady Riin.

 

“Go and pulled the car around for me,” leaving the table without touching any of the food that the maid has just set on the table. She made her way up the long spiral stairs of their house. The house was so quiet that it seems as if no one lives here. It was a big beautiful house filled with the most beautiful paintings, vases, flowers, chandeliers, and furniture with crisp clean floors and walls that you could literally the walls and floors but there was no life in this house. It’s not a home where a family lives but just a house where people lived in.

 

After an hour, she finally came out of her room and started back down the grand spiral stairs. Lady Riin walked out the door but saw no car waiting for her. Angrily she walked back inside the house. “Yaaahhh!!! Jung Hani!!!” she screamed. The maid quickly ran from the other room, “Yes Lady-” Riin slapped her hard across the face, “I thought I told you to tell them to get them to pull the car around me!” And once again across poor Hani’s cheek.

 

“I’m sorry Lady Riin. I’ll have someone fetch you the car right away,” she cried softly and walked away. Lady Riin hits people when things are not done right or if one “disobeys” her. Because the elders are usually always away, Lady Riin is usually the only head of the house.

 

“You shouldn’t hit her. The car was brought around an hour ago. You just took too long so I told them to take it back to the garage Lady Riin,” the head butler said walking into the room. “So what if I take long to get ready? It’s a right that I have as the head of the household. You have no right to say such disrespectful thing to me, slave.” She saw her car pulling up the driveway, “You better watch yourself. You may think that being the head butler is a privileged in this house but if you ever pissed me off I will make sure that you and your family can’t survive in this country.”

 

She walked through the front door without closing the door behind her and drove off. The head butler, Mr. Yoon shook his head and sighed, “Lady Riin, you still have so much more to learn about life outside of these walls.”

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Yahhh!! The dumb alarm clock didn’t go off!!” He screams as he fell from the bed, running into the bathroom.

 

He quickly freshen himself up and trip his way down the stairs and into the kitchen where his mother, and younger sister quietly sat eating breakfast. His movement got slower when he realize that his father wasn’t home. He grabs a piece of bread and walk out the house without another word. At this point, they’ve all acknowledge that his father will no longer be a part of their family anymore. He doesn’t know if he should be happy or sad. All he knew was that there was a sign of relieve.

 

His father had always had a gambling problem so they were always moving one place to another. But now that he’s no longer here with them, maybe they can finally find peace and move on with their lives or maybe even start living one.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Yo! Minnie, over here,” a voice called out to him. It was Junsu, who must have been on break from class. He sat on those little sitting wall with his breakfast in one hand while his books were in his lap and his bag on the grass between his two little feet. He and Junsu started out university together a couple years ago. Apparently, they attended the same high school once before his family moved again. Sometimes, it surprises him that he made it this far into his senior year with his family moving all the time. “Ready for class,” Junsu stuffing his face with rice balls.

 

Changmin gave a small nod as he sat himself next to Junsu, his friend. The friend that knew how his family’s situation was and yet he didn’t look at him any different. Usually when people find out about his family’s financial business problems they start to distance themselves from him. Junsu never changed, not even once in the last four years that they’ve known each other. Maybe it was that Junsu’s family was super loaded or maybe he just wasn’t that kind of a person who befriends only those that could benefit him or his family.

 

 

Junsu ah, thank you.

 

A/N: Sorry for the long update. The chapter should have been much longer but I feel that this chapter should foucs more of the two characters background. I promise to put more length in the future chapters. Thanks for all the comments and remember comments are loved.