Happiness (Part 3)

From Strangers to Lovers

“Noona…”

“Huh? Oh, Hyunseung-ah, Hello!” The girl sitting on the bench replied to the man slowly approaching her. She tried to hide her tears, her sadness from him. She didn’t want this man, this man she realized she had liked, to see her sad.

“Dara noona, are you… are you crying? What happened? I saw you running a while ago. Did something bad happen?” Hyunseung asked Dara as he sat beside her.  She just nodded at Hyunseung’s question. She didn’t feel that this was the right time to tell him what had happened.

For the next few minutes, there was nothing but silence between the two. Dara didn’t speak; she couldn’t find a gap between her crying to say even a few words. Hyunseung on the other hand, kept quiet because he knew that silence was a far better medicine than words in her situation. He knew that his company alone can help, that he didn’t need to use words to show that he genuinely cared for her, and she felt that. She felt warmth coming from him. And to feel that warmth better, she rested her head on his shoulder.

 

Then and there, two people were smiling; two people were blushing, two people felt happy. And yet, these two people, these two people were unaware. They were unaware that the other felt the same way they did, then again, even they themselves didn’t realize they felt this way.

And they were unaware that another man, a man who had watched them left with something in his heart. Something he didn’t know. Was it sadness? Sadness that came from seeing the woman he loved fall for another. Or was it jealousy? Jealousy brought about from seeing someone, his friend in particular; being with the girl he had loved. Or maybe even both, and something more, that something being revenge, hatred, and resentment. 

“Why him? Why can’t you love me?” The man whispered “Dara, I’ll make you realize that you made the wrong choice.” He said and turned away

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Noona, I won’t force you to tell me why you’re crying. But I hope that you’ll tell me when you’re ready.” Hyunseung said as he faced Dara

“I’m sorry for making you worry Hyunseung-ah. I’ll tell you when the right time comes.”

“And don’t cry anymore okay? I don’t like it when you’re sad and I don’t know what to do to make you feel better.” He said as he wiped Dara’s tears with his thumb.

Dara now felt better. That moment she spent with Hyunseung, she felt comfort, she felt happiness. She didn’t want to let go of this moment right now. So when Hyunseung received a text telling him to go home already, she couldn’t let him go.

“Hyunseung… Do you have to go already? It’s just that, I want to spend more time with you…”

“Haha, Don’t worry noona, Its Doojoon hyung, I don’t need to listen. Besides, I want to stay with you too.” Hyunseung cheerfully replied. Afterwards, he stood up, and asked Dara to follow him.

“Since they’re home already, we can go have some ice cream in a place nearby. Come on~.”

“I think I know that place, let’s go”

The two walked together, side by side. It was late. They didn’t fear for any exposure so they didn’t bother moving in secret. Soon, they arrived at the ice cream parlor. They both entered here before, but with each other, it felt… different.

“I’ll get some ice cream Hyunseung-ah. I know just what to get so stay here”

When Dara came back, she was holding a huge cup with 3 equally huge scoops of Vanilla ice cream, topped withchocolate syrup, some cream, and a cherry (a/n: yum)

 

“Hyun-A told me you liked vanilla, and since I liked it too, I thought we could enjoy this~” Dara said as she placed the delicious treat on the table and sat beside Hyunseung.

 

Even while they were just eating, they could feel the happiness.

 

When they finished, Hyunseung kindly took Dara home to 2NE1’s dorm.

“Goodbye noona, see you soon.”

“I’m not so sure about that. We have to go somewhere this week so soon might not be the right word.”

“Hehe, that won’t be a problem.” Hyunseung whispered while grinning

 “Did you say something?” Hyunseung shook his head and Dara bid him goodbye. She went through the front door with a smile on her face. Same goes for Hyunseung, as he went in the car, he was smiling, until he saw the time: 11:30 PM

“Doojoon’s gonna kill me….”

---